A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
635 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: For the Horde!! .... to sleep in. PIC HEAVY  (Read 9832 times)
Tags for this thread: video_game  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shiven
« on: February 26, 2008 10:32:24 PM »

I came up with this for my World or Warcraft addicted boyfriend for his birthday. I just used acrylic paint and textile medium. Honestly... I wasn't really sure what I was doing because I've never tried anything like it before. So.. it's a first. Smiley Here goes.

I made four pillow cases. I got kinda lazy with the red ones but I think they're still okay. I just ironed them to heat set.. is there anything else I should do?

And here's the blanket. It took a whole lot of paint.

I didn't do sheets because he hates sheets... especially flat ones. I dunno why.

Well, what do you think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
recycledstudent
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008 10:52:29 PM »

i think they are awesome! the red ones don't look sloppy at all.
he must be an excellent boyfriend; my own brother can barely get me to stencil t-shirts for him.  Tongue
in terms of getting the paint to stay- maybe if you wash them once, so they'll get even more heat setting in the dryer?

and a question- how do you create a stencil that you can re-use? i use wax paper, which i then put a teeny bit of gluestick on to hold it down when i'm painting, but i always seems to rip them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
hngoodlett

I'm an Aunt Ralph!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008 06:16:40 AM »

Very nice. I think they both look great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wist!
http://www.wists.com/hngoodlett

50 in 2011
10/50
shiven
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008 08:32:48 AM »

i think they are awesome! the red ones don't look sloppy at all.
he must be an excellent boyfriend; my own brother can barely get me to stencil t-shirts for him.  Tongue
in terms of getting the paint to stay- maybe if you wash them once, so they'll get even more heat setting in the dryer?

and a question- how do you create a stencil that you can re-use? i use wax paper, which i then put a teeny bit of gluestick on to hold it down when i'm painting, but i always seems to rip them.

Yes... he's the best. Smiley

To make the stencils I just printed out the picture and taped it down to a piece of wax paper and cut then out with an exacto knife. I glued (well.. modge podged) the two layers together at the weakest spots. For the large one, I printed it out as a 'poster' and it covered 9 pages. I cut it out and assembled it, then cut the stencil out of a piece of poster board. I didn't use wax paper since it was only going to be used four times. It held up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
basstendencies
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008 08:10:43 PM »

Those look great! I want some sheets like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cheebz

I make clothes for imaginary people

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008 09:42:18 PM »

Really nice stencil work there.
For extra safety when heat setting acrylic medium, throw your fabric in the dryer BEFORE washing it. It will keep whatever little spots you may have missed in the dryer from bleeding.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nemaihne
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008 11:59:53 PM »

Those are made of WIN!!!
I love those so much, but would be in a load of trouble if I put something like that on the bed because hubby and I already argue over which faction is the 'right' one to play. (He misguidedly likes his Ally toon best)  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shiven
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2008 01:57:52 AM »

Those are made of WIN!!!
I love those so much, but would be in a load of trouble if I put something like that on the bed because hubby and I already argue over which faction is the 'right' one to play. (He misguidedly likes his Ally toon best)  Cheesy

You could make everything reversible... that way all you have to do is flip the pillow or blanket over to whichever side you want. Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nemaihne
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2008 10:51:47 PM »

You could make everything reversible... that way all you have to do is flip the pillow or blanket over to whichever side you want. Smiley 

Oh, that might work for a duvet cover for downstairs by the computers! How awesome. Although I have to say my first thought when you wrote that was about, ahem, raiding parties and that maybe I should do Arathi Basin or somesuch because they're set up for PvP... Taz'dingo, Mon!  Wink

You did such lovely work on the stenciling though. I don't think I could do such beautifully crisp images!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Raine_Dementia
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2008 11:15:26 AM »

Very nice! I like it..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If you want rainbows, you must learn to live with the rain.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook Pad Thai Jay
How to Serve Barbecued Korean Chicken
How to Make Coriander Chutney and Cucumber Raita Condiments
How to Make Tasty Chicken Breasts in Satay Sauce
How to Cook Thai Red Curry Fish Cakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...