A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Keep alive the beehive  (Read 1711 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Foisty
« on: February 26, 2008 06:41:05 PM »

Just the other day I happened to see a woman walking down the street with a beehive atop her head.I said to myself "whoa awsome" then " how'd she do that?" I was hoping this post would answer my question and have some show stopping photos of honeys with hives.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amareluna
Head Nerd at Nyxia's Lair

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008 06:04:57 PM »

This might help:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4apxv_make-an-amy-winehouse-beehive-hairs_music
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LanaTurnerSmile

Throw your petticoat over the windmill!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008 03:24:23 AM »

I used that video tut to do mine, and it does look great when finished and isn't that hard either  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Desperately seeking patterns Butterick 6174 &  Vogue 8251!
Ren
Ren

controls bunnies writing literary works of genious

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008 10:59:47 AM »

The Amy Winehouse style Beehive isn't really my thing, but I do like the beehive style so I use a slightly adapted way of doing it. Something that you can do in the morning without it taking you as long as that video does! Let's face it, it's not like we have several hours to do this hairstyle every day!

I simply section off a piece of hair at the front and kind of keep that aside. Then, I backcomb a back section of hair  and use a fair amount of spray. Then all you need to do is use some of the section you swept aside and clip it over the section that has been backcombed to create the 'elevated' look. It's a really easy style to achieve in this way and because it's minimal it definitely is a hairstyle you can wear out and about all the time. Another great thing about doing the beehive in this modern way is that you can really go crazy with hair accessories. I love using a ribbon and tying it at the top of the hive!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazyBeautiful2122
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008 07:09:16 AM »

Here is a link to a video that shows you how to get the beehive look without all the backcombing that damages your hair. It was fairly easy to accomplish I used it for Halloween when I was Marie Antoinette. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVoxsRmZrC8
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redstar13
"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan. " -Tom Landrey

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2008 02:51:14 PM »

Here is a link to a video that shows you how to get the beehive look without all the backcombing that damages your hair. It was fairly easy to accomplish I used it for Halloween when I was Marie Antoinette. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVoxsRmZrC8

I work in a professional theatre in wigs, and that is basically how we do it. Teasing is SO bad. It breaks the hair, plus you don't need as much hairspray(which drys the hair)

To do a full beehive, you just pin/pile the rest of your hair up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

volcano

Well, whores will have their trinkets.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008 07:23:25 PM »

I LOVE a beehive, if only because one of my greatest goals is to become Patsy Stone.  When I do a hive, I usually keep it small.  Backcombing is murder on my fine hair, so I got a large kitchen sponge and cut a hive-y shape out of it.  I build my hair around that, which takes a lot less backcombing and a lot less time.  I usually keep it pretty small, sort of like Rose Tyler in Doctor Who / Idiot's Lantern.  (http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/gallery/s2_07gallery/800/rose_doc.jpg). 

Here's a pic, though it's one of my first and was done without the sponge, so it's not as smooth.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dirty Bird
Handmade jewelry featuring vintage film images and other things that amuse me.
http://dirtybirdd.etsy.com

A portion of profits support Kiva.org - Loans that Change Lives
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mem Fox Reads from The Goblin and The Empty Chair
Martin Cruz Smith Talks About Three Stations
Terra McVoy Talks About Pure
Meet Fitness Guru Susan Powter
A Taste of Colored Water Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...