A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,153
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I love you salvation army- pic laden  (Read 4400 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DoStayGiraffe
« on: February 25, 2008 09:13:10 PM »

Ok, so I haven't posted on here in forever, but I've still been looking around. This is my favorite board, because when it's good it's so very, very good! I posted my first apartment up here 2, maybe 3 years ago. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=66186.msg625065#msg625065
Does anyone remember this?  I got rid of and/or lost a lot of that furniture one way or the other, all though some things hung on-- T.V. Bar anybody???

ANYWAY, I moved out of there and went to England for about a year. And now I'm back in the U.S. with a brand new bitchin' apartment. Check out the zexy pics (some with mood lighting!)

This picture really shows the true colors of my living room. The couch and matching chair I got from salvation army for $50 (a sweet deal IMO) the couch is awesome and is like 8 feet long (or so it seems) and basically goes from one end of the room to the other. The green chair is also from salvation army for $9. The cabinet is from a thrift store and the coffee table was found on the street. Basically all my furniture (and honestly almost everything I own) is second hand.

old candle holder turned key holder and my grandma's old lamp by my door

Bookshelf, not my first choice, it was just in my apartment when I moved here. It does the trick though. Why are nice wood bookshelfs so hard to find??

records!

bedroom. I made that busty lamp in highschool. The quilt is from my family. And the fabric is just something I found at a thrift store.

Birdie mirrors I bought while in England by my bedroom windows.

dresser in bedroom, had this in my old apartment

back to the living room, by my door. This chair is funky, my neighbor threw it out after moving, but it has a nice shape. I should take some re-covering tips from everyone here.

Thank you rocknroll! (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=113703.0)

here's the t.v. bar!

and open for business!

desk area

and onto the kitchen (we're almost done...)

There you have it- hope you enjoyed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bella_domanie
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008 09:33:08 PM »

Your t.v. bar is awsome!  I absolutely love thrift stores, I live in California and there is one in Stockton (not the greatest town lol) that has just about everything in the store 50% off.  That's my favorite day to go.  Everything that I have decorated our apartment with, I have gotten from a thrift store (and haven't payed over $5 for any of it) or free off of freecycle.  No one that comes in here even knows that I'm that cheap either lol.  I love it.  My husband hates my cheapness but I don't care.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jinjeet Phoenix
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008 10:53:10 PM »

Love it!! Great finds....love that "bar" lol and am in love with that bed. You've really made your furniture and acces. work well together!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
radiationbaby
Lady Marmalade, the Duchess of Spreadable Treats

doing it all, doing it badly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008 02:51:53 PM »

Holy wow!  Your apartment looks awesummmm!  Way to make use of your resources; tell your husband he's just being fuddy-duddy.  What's wrong with making use of something that would otherwise be thrown away/destroy some more of Mother Earth?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh, it's just kittens.

I want to leave this world the way I came into it:  naked, screaming, and covered in someone else's blood.
just*chris
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008 12:26:27 AM »

Your t.v. bar is awsome!

i luv the tv bar too!  Grin   was it a diy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Thrift Shop Romantic
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2008 05:50:46 AM »

It has a really nice retro-vintage feel to it, and because the colors are tie so well together, it doesn't feel at all like it was a piecemeal job.

I'm a huge, huge fan of decorating with thrift store stuff myself, so I'm always jazzed to see how other people attack it.

I'm looking for a good thrifted vintage sofa for my Victorian-lite livingroom, and I know somesay I'll find it at a thrift store.

Congrats on your decorating job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lyz
http://www.thebudgetcasa.com

http://www.thebudgetcasa.com

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2008 08:15:27 AM »

This is great!! You really have an eye for thrift store finds and incorporated them in your house in such an indie chic way. KUDOS.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eclectica
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2008 04:03:00 PM »

Yay for your thrifty finds.  I LOVE that TV bar!  I also adore your bed and your busty lamp too.  I think your place looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brii-elzebub

Tissue papers yummy!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2008 11:37:06 PM »

Gosh I love your bedframe!  I want it bad!  Great apartment...just what I would want mine to look like if I didn't have to leave with a bunch of crappy boy roommates who keep throwing my stuff in the garage...ugh.

A great way to make bookcases look better is to outline (sorry, can't think of a better word) them with molding that you can find at hardware stores.  The stuff would be in the same section as the crown molding.  That stuff classes anything up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
JLMS
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008 03:36:00 PM »

Your decorating looks great. You could get 3/4 yard of fabric (from the thrift store!) and use it to cover your chair. Remove the seat, and just use a staple gun to attach it to the seat. How about an old tablecloth, curtains, etc. It won't take you 15 mins. to do.  Thanks for posting your pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn to Play A Diminished on Guitar
Love and Theft Interview
How a Washing Machine Became a Percussion Device
Avatar Post Team - Episode 3 - Process and Flow
How to Play a Fermatta on Violin
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...