A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
563 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I need a curtain!  (Read 466 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lucastheboo
« on: February 25, 2008 12:28:24 PM »

I moved into an apartment and the light above the sink is a fluorescent light that has no cover and is horrible when standing in front of it. I bought fabric to make a curtain out of, but have no clue how to make a curtain or how to affix it to the cabinet. So what I need help with is, a pattern for a curtain and some advice on how to attach it.

This is the light.

This is the fabric.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008 01:02:45 PM »

You could by the stitch witchery (or whatever it is called) to do the hem you just sandwich it between the cloth (right sides together) and iron over it to make it stick.  I would probably use stick on velcro to attach it to the underside of the cupboard.  I hope that all makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucastheboo
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008 01:50:23 PM »

I'm not sure if I could iron the fabric. I just realized that you can't tell by the picture but its very thin sheer fabric, however I sew, so I can do the hem, the Velcro idea is a wonderful one, I didn't really think a curtain rod would look good there, but Velcro would do spectacularly, thank you, thats probably what I'll do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Every gay and lesbian person who has been lucky enough to survive the turmoil of growing up is a survivor. Survivors always have an obligation to those who will face the same challenges.
Pheather

I am full of p and v....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008 02:10:37 PM »

I am glad I was of some help.  I shouldn't have assumed, but that is what I get.  Recently I heard of a tip of sewing sheers by puting scotch tape where you are going to sew, then sewing over it, it will help with traction/slippage and then you can rip the tape off when the hem is sewn.

That fabric is going to look way cool with the light behind it
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucastheboo
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008 10:46:03 PM »

Ohh that is a very good tip about the tape I'll really have to try that. two dollar a yard fabric at Wal-Mart, hehe. I really want to make the curtain tonight but last night the sewing machine got hateful Sad I'll have to show it who's boss tonight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Hair How To: Victory Rolls
How to Curl Your Hair Using a Flat Iron
Hairapy Ep 108: Leah
How to Maintain Your Neckline
How to Use Hair Gel
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...