A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,208
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Make Me a Journal Swap  (Read 10191 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2008 04:45:31 AM »

I wish I had joined this swap.

Euphoriaa-You are so lucky!  That is a beautiful journal.  I love absolutely everything about it.  There's a lot of detail in it, too.  Carrieme, amazing job!  I guess I really missed out on a fun swap...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
craftybernie
« Reply #71 on: March 14, 2008 06:15:36 AM »

I received my journal from LisaT today: a beautiful Flower Fairy journal, together with its own guardian, this very delicate flower fairy with enormous blooms for a skirt.

The colour scheme is a gorgeous combination of pinks, browns & cream with a little gold thrown in!  And the journal is bound with a coptic stitch (a much neater version than my own I must confess!) enabling the journal to open flat!

I love the brown velvet ribbon tied around the journal!

The pink tile on the bottom front is pink pearlescent card, the same card used in all the signatures.  This will be a journal I can dance on and it will still stand the test of time! (not that I would dance on it of course!!)  Wink

Each signature has its own pocket decorated with a flower fairy picture. 

The inside front & back covers are lined with a piece of brown & gold mottled card.  The deckled edge is a lovely feature, and is used throughout the journal.

A close up of the cover with it's beautiful script.  So romantic!

I've loved this swap and I am so pleased I took part.  I learned so many new techniques which is wonderful.  And I had a wonderful swap pal in LisaT!  Thank you for this special journal.  I'll treasure it!  xx Bernie xx

PS - I'm not sure if this will work, but here's a link to
My Photobucket album with all the photos I took of the journal I sent to LisaT and the journal she kindly made me.  Enjoy! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: March 14, 2008 06:51:27 PM »

There are some amazing journal makers out there! They all look so professional and beautiful! This really was a fun swap! I would like to do it again, but I really don't need any more journals  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
just_lisa
« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2008 05:37:51 AM »

Yay, it got there!  I'm glad you like it craftybernie. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IHearTreesCry
« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2008 07:01:06 AM »

There are some amazing journal makers out there! They all look so professional and beautiful! This really was a fun swap! I would like to do it again, but I really don't need any more journals  Wink
Don't need any more journals?! But you want more journals don't you?

I really enjoyed this swap, too; I think it was is a success. I'd love to do another round, but I can't organize it again (lacking time).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kartiana
Getting my crafty back on!

« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2008 10:19:03 AM »

Don't need any more journals?! But you want more journals don't you?

I really enjoyed this swap, too; I think it was is a success. I'd love to do another round, but I can't organize it again (lacking time).

Well there is a definite difference between needing more and wanting more. I always love to get new journals, but I almost never need to.  Tongue

On an interesting side note I have some journals that my mother inherited from a woman she helped take care of before I was born. They are in storage right now but I have looked through and read a few of them. I always wonder what people in the future will think if they found my journals... anyway, this lady mostly wrote about the weather and books but it is very interesting to have a glimpse into someones life via their private writings. ~ Somewhat random, but I was just thinking and had to share.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pintrest
Salsa De Mango

Collecting plaid flannel and denim (6.5" x 6.5" or larger) for a rag quilt, willing to swap for fabric Wink
Rain
Teal Turtle Queen

« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2008 11:20:11 PM »

I got mine from karia the other day:

It's filled with all sorts of pretty tissue and painted paper.

Grin
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008 11:35:35 PM by Rain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Karia
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2008 04:29:15 AM »

That owl is phenomenal! and Rain i'm so glad you liked it, I was really spazzing over it lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Karia
« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2008 04:35:43 AM »

Also lovve the oriental journal
THIS ROCKS   Logged
astarael
strawberry queen

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2008 03:55:49 AM »

i received a gorgeous recipe journal decorated with felt and an embroidered bird and deer last week from IHearTreesCry (and have been useless about uploading photos sorry - i left my usb with the photos in my locker at uni)....but here they are now...

everything all bundled up:

the journal (front view):

detail of embroidery: (the photos don't show it all that well, it looks better in person):
deer:
bird:

detail of button closure:

detail of super cute owl fabric:

extras (some notecards, recipe cards and cook books to get me started!!):

*hugs* and thanks so much again to IHearTreesCry for being a great partner AND organiser!! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008 01:31:11 AM by astarael » THIS ROCKS   Logged

unter dem mond, dem himmel, den sternen, hre nicht auf deinen verstand...nur auf dein herz

Swapping info: http://la--estrella.blogspot.com/2008/06/swapping-info.html

I'm up for personal postcard swaps - my handmade postcards (any theme) for your handmade or arty (store bought) postcards - PM
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Onion Rings
Sub Sandwich Recipe
Short Ribs Recipe
How to Make Boneless Breaded Chicken Leg Cajun Style
How to Make Creole Brown Roux Part 4/5
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...