A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
421 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Super Easy Bag with Tutorial---*Revised* New Tute and Post IMG HEAVY!!!  (Read 5596 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jynxieslilgirl

"I love your funny face, your sunny funny face..."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2008 05:32:27 AM »

Sorry hun, hope I did not offended you, but I was just wondering if they like held something together.. but you answered it!  Smiley

Oh no honey it didn't offend me.  There was nothing offensive about it.  It does hold the two pieces of fabric together because you make the button holes while you have both pieces of fabric pinned together.  That way you just have to make 4 instead of 8, much easier that way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jynxieslilgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008 05:34:01 AM »

very nice....I will try this out.

Thank you for taking time to make tutorial.

I'm so glad every one is enjoying this.  I had fun making it and its so simple.  That's the best part.  Once you fumble your way through the first time at it from there it just gets easier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tojoyamoto
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2008 01:24:51 AM »

Very cute, and so easy to make!  Thanks for the tut-- I will definately try this one!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

... has anyone seen my shoes? I kicked them off in a fit of joy.
Mellowmau
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008 02:35:06 AM »

Hi, newly registered ex-lurker here!

I have a question, cause either I am completely blind or just too much of a beginner still, but: do you ever sew the side seams together in this bag, or do you just tie them off with the ribbons that go through the buttonholes? I'm guessing this is the same issue you were talking about in this post:

--- It would be a good idea to sew that side up to prevent things from falling out.  Now if you do the scruch part really tight and tie it good there shouldn't be a problem there.  But at the top I do see an issue waiting to happen if those sides aren't sewn.

...but I wasn't completely sure. I have a real hard time imagining this bag in my head, but I also don't want to start making it and then realise I've completely trashed it  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jynxieslilgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008 11:16:34 AM »

Hi, newly registered ex-lurker here!

I have a question, cause either I am completely blind or just too much of a beginner still, but: do you ever sew the side seams together in this bag, or do you just tie them off with the ribbons that go through the buttonholes? I'm guessing this is the same issue you were talking about in this post:

--- It would be a good idea to sew that side up to prevent things from falling out.  Now if you do the scruch part really tight and tie it good there shouldn't be a problem there.  But at the top I do see an issue waiting to happen if those sides aren't sewn.

...but I wasn't completely sure. I have a real hard time imagining this bag in my head, but I also don't want to start making it and then realise I've completely trashed it  Grin

No you aren't blind.  ^^  Here is what I did.  When you scruch up the sides when you tie it off with the ribbon or whatever you use, just make sure its all squished really tight and you tie it off really good and that part is ok.  BUT, there is a space above that where the handles are and it leaves a bit of a gap and I just sewed it up so #1 nothing falls out and #2 so that the handles actually stay in place and the seam where you sewed the handles together to make the complete loop don't slip out and show.  Does that make sense??

If not I plan on making another one in a few days and I can take some pics to show you exactly what I mean.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mellowmau
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008 06:34:11 AM »

Oh yeah, it makes complete sense now! Thank you so much! ^^ Now I can't wait to get started :b
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jynxieslilgirl

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008 07:09:49 AM »

Wink  Good!!  I'm ready to make a few more myself.  I've thought about changing the closure a bit.  The pattern orginally called for making a button hole and sewing a button inside so that you can close it by putting the button through the hole on the other side.  Well I thought why not just use the button as a decorative touch and as a sort of pull, and just use some velcro on the inside or a magnetic button.  To me it saves a lot more time and besides I'm not good with button holes LOL. Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What Are the Four "C"S in Diamonds
Different Shapes in Diamonds
Diamond Buying Tips
Jewellery Making UK
How to Make a Charm Bracelet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...