A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cutting down on glasses  (Read 1933 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bugaboo1
OMG! I should So make that

If I've offended you'll have to get over it

View Profile WWW
« on: February 25, 2008 12:20:04 AM »

Ok every day I go to the dishwasher to start it (because the kids seem to not recall everyday even if they put detergent in) and I open it to find a rack and a 1/2 of glasses and the cupboard just about void of all glasses...gggrrrr

I'm sick of washing every glass we own daily especially since I use 1 glass for water, 1 for coffee, rinse and reuse and so does the hubby so we know it's the kids. So I have made it a policy they get 1 glass a day and to be able to differentiate between them I made these up with scrap yarns, buttons from my button drawer and about 30 minutes of time.

the 2 teens glasses didn't make the picture, there are 6 in total, all favorite colors of the respective child...now they have no more excuses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008 01:10:56 AM »

excellent idea Cheesy Here we have 'colored' dishes that are different for each member of the family so I can easily look and tell who's been naughty and who's been nice lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008 01:56:30 AM »

LOL I'd do color coded dishes IF I could find enough...any given time we have 5-12 people living here. I'm also refusing to buy them anything else to break and having owned a restaurant I have A LOT of those pepsi glasses!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
StoryFromTheStars
Everyone wears a mask.

I made mine, with lots of glitter and shinies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008 02:23:07 AM »

My family is the same way. There's two kids, and between the two of us and my parents(they contribute to the mess too) we go through the whole cupboard in two days(because we have an obscene amount of cups and there's only four of us). And it's because we can never find our cups. It's almost impossible to find the cup that we just sat down because they all look the same. I've been trying to find a solution to that problem for ages. Maybe that would help....now if I could find a way to make that work for different sized cups without multiple bands.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Purtty Blog
Knitting is a way of life.
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2008 05:14:54 AM »

The cozies are just 3 rows of double crochet back and forth with working buttons, so for different sized cups they can be tightened or loosened!

I thought about that as well as those pepsi glasses are our largest drinking glasses and I have...yes this is bad....In the cupboard 48 of them for daily use and 45 of the 48 were being used daily.

We have other sized glasses though and they tighten down around them just fine when you adjust the buttons.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
TracyInNH

Nectar of the gods...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2008 07:02:40 AM »

lol, when we were kids we each had a diferent colored tupperware cup to keep track of.... good luck and I hope it works!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michaelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.
AnankeMoon
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2008 09:19:42 AM »

wonder if this would work for forks too. I swear it's just my 12 year old, my 9 year old and me. and between the 3 of us,
 WHERE DO ALL THE FORKS GO?!?!!?!?!?  it's like the whole 'put 2 socks in the dryer and get one back thing' where are all my forks!?!  in the lat 2 months I've had to buy 8 forks! LOLOL 

seriously though, great idea. and i love that you personalized them with their fave colors! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Truly Outrageous
RebelTrendsetter
You Can't Always Judge a Yarn by it's Roving.

Part time Domestic Goddess, full time Art Geek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2008 11:55:51 AM »

Hah! That's a brilliant idea! If I actually did dishes around here, I would so do something like that lol But I'm the one who cooks (aka makes all the messes) so I rarely do the dishes. Grin

Great job tho! And they're all so cute. Love the buttons!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Formerly Known As: DesignVigilante
Pintrest! -- Etsy Shop --
Bugaboo1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2008 02:27:42 PM »

LOL I don't do the dishes either...wait...I don't usually cook either

But, I pay the water bill!

Day 1 and so far so good! we'll see how it goes from here. I recall those tupper ware cups from when we were kids. i had the whole tea set cause I was speeshal (ok my mom sold the stuff for awhile)

I'd do plastic BUT they often drop the items in the dishwasher, miss the rack I have no idea why or how, of course no one sees it and no one does it, but , that will be the 1 time they start the dish washer and 20 minutes later I smell burning plastic eewwww
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Steph
pleaseelise
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008 06:12:30 PM »

So, so smart.  Speechless.  And easily amused Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Create a Headband Braid in 5 Easy Steps
How to Create an Undone Updo
How to Create Grunge Inspired Hairstyles
How to Create a Braided Bun
Blondes Vs. Brunettes
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...