A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,882
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How would you trim this pillowcase skirt?  (Read 246 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaucamolegreetings
« on: February 24, 2008 10:38:20 PM »

I'm almost done with this pillowcase skirt.  It's finished except the bottom hem.

I decided to try to get creative and trim the bottom with some lace or ribbon.  I'm not the creative type.  And I went to the store to get something without bringing the skirt.  Doh.  In any case, I came home with some plain brown ribbon that matches the brown stripe on the skirt almost perfectly, yea me, and also some pink almost lace looking ribbon, but the pink doesn't really match the skirt, the color in the skirt is more salmon. 

Anyway, these are the two different options I came up with.  Which do you like better?  Plain brown on the bottom, or brown layered over the pink?  Or something else completely?  Here they are side by side.

Also, the most important question of my post, how do I sew this stuff on?  Do I just do a straight stitch down the middle or sides of the ribbon and go with the contrast, or try to hide however I stitch it on there?  I've never really put ribbon on clothing before.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stacysews
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008 06:37:28 AM »

I like the plain brown at the bottom.

To attach the ribbon - first finish the bottom hem of the skirt, then sew the ribbon trim to the bottom (if the ribbon is small - it looks like it's about 1/4" then sew right down the middle.  Larger ribbons sew on both sides).  Your other option is to finish the bottom hem and apply the ribbon trim by using a fabric glue or wonder under type product that will keep you from having to show your stitches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Thai Fried Chicken
How to Make a Chinese Beef Noodle Dish
The Classics: Hong Thaimee Makes Laab
How to Make an Asian Shrimp and Fruit Salad
How to Cook With Bean Sprouts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...