A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,195
Currently Running With Scissors:
611 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Poppet "Amy Von Meowhouse" Made For hardyswanton01  (Read 4385 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SugarySweet
« on: February 24, 2008 12:47:36 PM »

Here's the poppet I made in the poppet swap for hardyswanton01.  She need new batteries for her camera, so I'm going to post here.  Wink

During the swap I had a few question for her to find my direction.  One of her favorite poppets is Le Tigre & she reminds her of Amy Winehouse. She also wanted a more cat like poppet that is goth.

I found some pretty leopard fabric and I used Amy Winehouse as the model for hair and makeup. I'm not sure I got the goth part down very well, but I tried. I think I ended up a little more with a punk style.  Shocked

When Miss. Poppet arrived at her new home she whispered her name to hardyswanton01, Amy Von Meowhouse. I love that name. I think it fits her well.

On to the pictures.  Grin

Here's her close-up.

She's not shy.

The first outfit I made was this one. She loves her tutu and bat's.  I think this was the tutorial I looked at a long time ago. She used to have more really cute pictures there of her in her tutu. ?? I didn't leave any space on the elastic. That little tutu is a full 1 1/2 yard of Tulle!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ambrosialove/522118984/in/set-72157594412881706/

This one was next. I used craftsman's pattern for the circle skirt. No ruffle and I cut it longer. I made the same top as the bat top.

After I made the black and red circle skirt, I thought it would make a great Poodle skirt. So I redrew the pattern so that it has no seams. I used poppet ears turned on the side, pointy side up for the halter top piece. Then I put them together into this dress. I love it!  I'm not sure if you can tell, she has a spider charm on her pearl necklace.

One mix and match outfit.  Wink

Last, but not least. I just thought this one was really cute.  Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011 08:20:28 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrafterSandK

Poppets are an addiction. :D

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008 12:52:36 PM »

I love this poppet!!!! GrinShocked
The first outfit reminds me of a Goth Ballerina. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008 12:59:32 PM »

Way tooo cute!
I love the tutu and the skull poodle skirt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Delectably Deviant
the artist formerly known as monkeystuffer

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008 01:01:18 PM »

What a great poppet. The clothes you made her are fabulous!  I especially love the bat dress/outfit, and the skull poodle skirt.  And the spider/pearl necklace!  I think you did a great job making her goth.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2008 01:17:45 PM »

Thanks guys. Maybe she's a little more goth than I thought. I might be a bit confused about what's goth/punk/emo? lol

I think there are cute things about each style.  Maybe I blended it.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2008 01:32:59 PM »

Nah! I think you hit the nail right on the head! Gorgeous!!!! Hardyswonton is lucky!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strawberrieshk
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2008 01:36:17 PM »

woah... that's flippin sweet (lol, yup, i'm nerdy)! but make sure she stays outta rehab! say no to booze!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi
nikepretty
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2008 01:41:58 PM »

GREEN bats are so cute...  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
teachingjonah
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008 02:00:55 PM »

She's so pretty!  That hairstyle is great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2008 02:34:43 PM »

that whole post, each picture is just fantastic! wow, what a swap partner you are. fantastic, really really incredible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Dragon*Fly

Not the only strange one on the internet.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2008 03:00:27 PM »

She is excellent!  I love the pink/black dress with the skull.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008 03:49:42 PM »

Thanks again you guys.  Grin

I'm really happy with how she turned out.

I don't think I took any pictures of her from behind.  Undecided

I used the lighter fabric on the front of her ears and the darker fabric on the back.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008 03:50:19 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

ellasmama
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008 03:58:07 PM »

She's fantastic!  I love her skin and all her cute details.  I'm also deeply in love with the tutu.  I will definitely be making one of those in the near future!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness." ~ Dave Berry

Visit my blog ~ Titanium Woman
My Wists
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2008 04:26:22 PM »

That's the same one I used to make a tutu adult size. It's a great tut. Apparently people were stealing her pics so she restricted most of her pics to friends/family only.

Anyway...
amy von Meowhouse came out great! She' is defiantly one of my favorites! I can see Le Tigre in her but she definitely has her own twist! I love her outfits you did a great job on them and the tutu/bat shirt are adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueCherryFaerie
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2008 04:56:44 PM »

cute!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftylittlemonkey
"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken." Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2008 05:56:01 PM »

She's defiantly one of my favorites!

hee hee hee, that actually works just as well as definately would. awesome.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008 05:56:53 PM by MonkeyThumb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The bad news: There is no key to happiness.
The good news: It isn't locked.
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2008 06:22:22 PM »

She's defiantly one of my favorites!

hee hee hee, that actually works just as well as definately would. awesome.
lol I tend to misspell that word so often it's not even funny. And most of the time the spell checker doesn't notice.
But yeah I guess it does work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SugarySweet
« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2008 06:29:06 PM »

I was so happy with the tutu. I will be making more.  I can't imagine how much fabric it would take to make it that full for an adult.

Be prepared when you make one. It took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish for the poppet sized tutu.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ghilie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Good Cookie Designs

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008 06:36:58 PM »

skully poodle skirt + beehive = love!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit http://ghilie.wordpress.com/ for the poppet pattern.

"I grow old, I grow old, I shall wear the bottoms of my trousers rolled."
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2008 06:43:49 PM »

I was so happy with the tutu. I will be making more.  I can't imagine how much fabric it would take to make it that full for an adult.

Be prepared when you make one. It took 2 1/2 hours from start to finish for the poppet sized tutu.  Tongue
I made one for myself last week. I have a 38 inch waist and it took me 3 yards but I have some "bare" spots. I want to buy one more yard to fill then in. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2008 06:44:15 PM »

She is so cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2008 07:00:51 PM »

Great job! I love all the clothes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2008 07:13:00 PM »

I made one for myself last week. I have a 38 inch waist and it took me 3 yards but I have some "bare" spots. I want to buy one more yard to fill then in. Smiley

Wow, 3 yards. My daughter wants to make one for a concert. She likes to make crazy outfits in theme that will go with whoever she will be seeing. *I think it will be for the Horrorpops concert.*

I am going to buy her tons of tulle so it will super full like the one I made for Miss. Amy Von Meowhouse.  Grin

For the poppet I cut the tulle every 11 inches x 5 pieces at 45 inches or however wide it is. I'm not sure how wide the tulle is, maybe 45 inches like other fabrics?
Then each of those I cut every 1 to 1 1/2 inches to tie around the elastic. I didn't measure the tie strips. I'm not sure how many I ended up with because I just cut. Maybe around 150 to 200 ties around the elastic!! Wowza, no wonder it took so long.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008 06:19:27 PM by KimsCozyKitchen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2008 01:29:21 PM »

I am oh so very lucky to get such and awesome poppet!  I instantly thought of Amy Winehouse when I gave her her first hug, but the outfit reminded me too of Kat Von D, the tattoo artist, and then she whispered her name . . .

Amy von Meowhouse!

I am going to have to a) find my batteries and take pics
b) learn to make more clothes because even though she adores her current outfits, she's a fashionista and is demanding more, more, more!
c) Bring her to work, she's too cool to leave at home all the time

Thanks sooo much to kimscozykitchen!  I *adore* my poppet and will be sure to spoil her like you spoiled me.  Maybe a little cupcake outfit, I have some of that fabric left . . . .

And you know what, goth has some "guidelines" but its really whatever you want it to be, and I think she's a little kitty goth girl, waiting to hit the club and rock out to techno.  thats it, she can be my date to the goth club since i no have boyfriend anymore Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2008 02:45:31 PM »

LOVE her!  Her outfits are pretty cool too,
Now I Have to make myself a poppet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com
*I love Nick Jonas*

I love the jobros!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2008 12:25:21 PM »

omg i love her dress with the skull on it!she s cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~CrYsTaL~
catluvr412002
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2008 09:04:16 AM »

Awesome Poppet!  Love the outfits.  Love the poppet fabric most of all.  I love all things "cat".  Where did you find the fabulous material to make this poppet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SugarySweet
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2008 09:20:44 AM »

Oh thanks everyone.

catluvr, I got it at Wal-Mart. I was at our area Wal-Mart the other day. They don't have the same fabric any more, but the have a very similar fabric.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2008 03:59:14 PM »

Wow, 3 yards. My daughter wants to make one for a concert. She likes to make crazy outfits in theme that will go with whoever she will be seeing. *I think it will be for the Horrorpops concert.*

I am going to buy her tons of tulle so it will super full like the one I made for Miss. Amy Von Meowhouse.  Grin

For the poppet I cut the tulle every 11 inches x 5. I'm not sure how wide the tulle is, maybe 45 inches like other fabrics?
Then each of those I cut every 1 to 1 1/2 inches to tie around the elastic. I didn't measure the tie strips. I'm not sure how many I ended up with because I just cut. Maybe around 150 to 200 ties around the elastic!! Wowza, no wonder it took so long.

There is such an easier way to make a tutu!!!!
For the ones I make I layer all of the wide strips, and then do a long stitch down one side. Pull on the threads to gather, and then make a waistband with double fold bias tape. You can create a casing for elastic with this, or just make it so that it overlaps in the back and use several snaps or eyes with a hook for adjustability.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008 08:59:47 PM »

Thanks craftewoman, I'll have to try it that way too.

I like how super fluffy these are though. It just doesn't seem to show how fluffy they are in the pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AStutler4907
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013 12:26:55 PM »

She reminds me of Snooki! Haha, I LOVE it!! She has so much personality. I love the fabric and the outfits! I think this is my favorite poppet yet! Great work =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Monday Makeover - Disco Heat
How to Style the Perfect Top Knot
How to Do a Miley Cyrus Hair Style
The Monday Makeover - Singer Kilo Kish
Get Your Hair Looking Beautiful
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...