A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,050
Currently Running With Scissors:
792 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SWAP FAQ - Revised 12/8/10  (Read 64113 times)
Tags for this thread: swap_faq  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« on: February 24, 2008 09:45:41 AM »

SWAP FAQs

Each question links directly to a post containing the answer. Simply click on the question to be directed to the appropriate post. To view all of the FAQ's at once, click here.

01. What is a swap? / How do I participate in a swap? / How can I organize a swap?

Swapper questions:

02. The rules now say I have to be 16 to swap. Im younger than that but Ive already swapped! What do I do?

03. I want to swap but I'm a newbie and all the swaps say I have had to do one or two swaps previously.  What does this actually mean?

04.  Will my personal information/signup form be shared with anyone other than the Organizer(s) and partner(s) in the swap?

05. May I let someone else use my account to swap?

06. When is it OK to withdraw from a swap?

07. What is the typical size of swap packages?

08. What are points as they apply to swap requirements?

09. I should have gotten Positive Feedback but my organizer gave me Negative! (or) I should have Positive, but my profile still says In Progress months later! (or) I have comments that are inappropriate (such as "Sent late") on my profile.  What do I do?

10. My partner in a swap flaked.  How do I get a Swap Angel?

11. Our organizer disappeared! Help!

12. The gallery is up, and I don't want to miss anything. Can I post a comment just so I'm notified when the first photos go up?

13. I have Negative feedback.  How do I clear it up?

14. How do I become a Swap Angel?

15. What are the requirements to be a swap angel?

Organizer questions:

16. There is a member who wants to participate in my swap but they have not been a member for a month yet, but will be before signups end.  Can they join my swap?

17. I'm entering feedback for a few people in my swap. Do I have to enter everyone's name again if I just want to update a couple of people?

18. A participant in my swap has double feedback! What should I do?

19. I need to add my co-organizer to the feedback Ive already entered. How do I do that?

20. Someone flaked in my swap, what (as an organizer) am I supposed to do?

20a. Someone in my swap received their package but did not post photos in the gallery. May I give them negative feedback, even though their partner received from them?

Other questions:

21. Am I allowed to do a personal swap with another Craftster member?

22. What is a wist?

23. I have more questions regarding swaps.  Who do I ask?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2010 11:53:02 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happier than a unicorn eating cake on a rainbow.
jungrrl
Global Moderator
Crafty Business Advice Moderator
Toys, Dolls, and Playthings Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

Former Full-time Craftster-er

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009 01:18:20 PM »

01. What is a swap? / How do I participate in a swap? / How can I organize a swap?

Go HERE and read about the basics of the swapping process.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 01:47:36 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009 01:19:31 PM »

02. The rules now say I have to be 16 to swap. Im younger than that but Ive already swapped! What do I do?

If youre under 16 and youve already successfully completed a swap, you are still allowed to swap on Craftster. Just open a Help Desk ticket (make sure its marked Swap-Related) and let us know.  Well add a note to your profile letting organizers know that youre still allowed to swap. If youd like, you can let us know when you will be turning 16 so that we can take away at that time, otherwise well just remove it after 3 years.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009 01:20:21 PM »

03. I want to swap but I'm a newbie and all the swaps say I have had to do one or two swaps previously.  What does this actually mean?

This doesn't mean you have to have already participated in one or two swaps.

The "one swap rule" means that while you are participating in your very first swap you are not allowed to sign up for any more until that first swap has been completed.  After that time, you are allowed to participate in up to five swaps at a time.

The "two swap rule" refers to organizing eligibility.  Before organizing any swap, a member must have participated in two full swaps.

Unless the swap specifically states that first time swappers are not allowed to join, you will be eligible to join if you have met the one month/15 posts minimum.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009 01:20:50 PM »

04.  Will my personal information/signup form be shared with anyone other than the Organizer(s) and partner(s) in the swap?

Yes, but only in the rare instance that the Craftster staff (Moderators/Admin) needs to investigate a situation and/or assist an Organizer during a swap.  If your information is provided to Craftster staff, it is done so privately and will not be shared with anyone.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009 01:21:22 PM »

05. May I let someone else use my account to swap?

No.  If someone else uses your account to swap and flakes, you are responsible and will have to reverse the Negative feedback.  There are no exceptions to this rule.  Membership is free and easy. Please encourage your friends, sisters, brothers, etc. to set up their own account.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009 01:21:51 PM »

06. When is it OK to withdraw from a swap?

Please dont commit to a swap if you are uncertain that you will be able to meet the swap sendout requirements. Signing up for a swap is a commitment. We do understand that sometimes things come up and you may need to withdraw from a swap. If you withdraw before the signups are closed, a swap mod will remove your feedback with no penalty. If, however, partners have already been posted, it is up to the organizer of the swap as to whether you are allowed to withdraw without having to take negative feedback. If it is early in the swap and your partner has not started crafting for you, its possible that you may be allowed to withdraw with no penalty, but please dont count on it. Every situation is different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009 01:22:45 PM »

07. What is the typical size of swap packages?

There has been a bit of confusion as to what is a large, medium, and small item.  So here's a handy dandy guide.  This is a guideline ONLY: a rough estimate of sizes described by time it takes to make package, by physical size and by cost:

By Time
-Large = 3 or more hours
-Medium = 2 or more hours
-Small = 2 or less hours

By Size
-Large = A shawl, a shirt, a skirt, a set of jewelry with four to five items, a purse
-Medium = one single necklace or bracelet, a scarf
-Small = Earrings, stickers, wallets, pouches, bookmarks

By Price
-Large = $30 or more
-Medium = $10-$30 dollars
-Small = $10 or less

Remember, the important thing is that you and your partner agree.  If you want to make each other a purse for a shawl, go ahead.  Just make sure you're being fair, you communicate with your partner and you meet the guidelines outlined in the Swap Guide as well as additional guidelines setup by the Organizer of the particular swap. Think to yourself with each item you include: would this seem like a large item to me if I received it, or is it more on the medium or small side? Obviously, each project is different.  These are just suggestions. Send something that you are proud of and that you would be happy to receive.

Lately, the mods have been presented with several help desk tickets about swap partners receiving "partial packages" with the promise of the rest of the package to come. Please be aware that sending a "partial package" does not exempt you from the rule which states: "If you do not meet the swap requirements, either by not sending the proper amount of items or by not sending at all, you will receive Negative Feedback." If you have not sent a package that meets the swap requirements to your partner by two weeks after the send date, you will receive temporary negative feedback until the package is received, even if you are still in communication with your swap organizer and partner. Therefore, if you have not completed a swap package, wait and send the entire package at one time. "Partial packages" are not acceptable.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2014 08:02:16 AM by rackycoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009 01:23:35 PM »

08. What are points as they apply to swap requirements?

A few organizers like to use a points system. A swap may be described as a "5 point or 7 point swap".  This is allowed, but it is not a Craftster regulated system. If you are uncertain of what exactly a points system type swap entails, please contact the organizer of that swap for details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jungrrl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

I'm a portmanteau.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009 01:24:23 PM »

09. I should have gotten Positive Feedback but my organizer gave me Negative! (or) I should have Positive, but my profile still says In Progress months later! (or) I have comments that are inappropriate (such as "Sent late") on my profile.  What do I do?

If you have any concerns with your feedback and your organizer is not helping with them, please do not hesitate to open a Help Desk ticket!
Help Desk (make sure you select the category "SWAP-RELATED")

If you are requesting an In Progress feedback be changed to Positive, please include in your ticket proof that your package was received: either a link to a post where you partner states the package was received, a copy of a Personal Message from your partner that states the package was received, or a valid DC number.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009 01:24:46 PM by jungrrl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Design a Club Flyer - Adjustment Layers Part 4/14
How to Design a Club Flyer Part 1/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Importing Images Part 2/14
How to Design a Club Flyer - Deleting Backgrounds Part 3/14
How to Create Borders with Basic Masking
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...