A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,155
Currently Running With Scissors:
596 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How do I turn this into a craft room? (A little pic heavy)  (Read 1347 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2008 08:33:00 PM »

Okay, thanks! I'm thinking I want a bright craft room with light earthy tones. Since right now it's kind of cold, dark, and it smells like dust. xD I need to prettify it. I just searched the IKEA website. I went to the site once before and they had some nice things. I'll check out the Home Depot's website and then Lowe's after that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CohesiveChaos
CohesiveChaos.com

I've kissed alot of frogs - only found 1 prince

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008 09:06:39 PM »

You mentioned the word "IKEA" and I drooled a little.  LOL  love that store.  A 'nifty tip' whenever possible shopping there use your debit card, at the bottom of your reciept you'll get a 'certificate' good towards your next purchase that equals 1% of your current purchase.  It may not sound like much, but with small purchases 'here and there' I racked up enough certificates that I saved $15 (which was 2 sets of DVD sized storage boxes to hold 60 of our movies)

You'll find the best deals in home depot by going in and wandering around.  I was in ours earlier and in the clearance 'endcaps' they had 3 sets of cabinets (like you'd put under a sink) for $32.50 each, they were normally $198 each, I also bought a bunch of those rubbermaid wire shelves in there under the same kind of deal for $2.25 each (normally $22 each)  so it's always a good idea to wander in and just look around to see what you could use for different projects Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

life is what you make it - make it art & make it beautiful
testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008 09:13:15 PM »

I sense that you love IKEA? XD The nearest one where I live is almost 5 hours away though. =( So I'm forced to order online with their stupid shipping and handling prices. x3

Mhm. I looked at the actual Home Depot site and was like, WOAH EXPENSIVE. x) At least compared to IKEA it is. I can't wait to get shopping and working on the room! For now We'll probably just shove all the boxes that are in the room in the coal shaft. I don't really NEED that area for now. I've also got to start earning more money... Darn, that mean work! x) Thanks for the tips and the effort that went into the pictures. Everything makes sense when you make a picture of it. xD
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008 11:42:46 PM »

i wish i had that much free space for a craft room! right now i think my free space consists of about 5 by 12 feet, and the rest gets spread out on the kitchen table and everywhere else you can imagine. btw, gothchics, i'm sooo coming to you when i get a place of my own and letting you design the craft room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008 10:21:01 AM »

I know! We've got some super designers here on Craftster! I love both of the layouts that they came up with. I'm going to combine them both. And I like the idea of a shelf to display my future Poppets.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008 12:30:54 PM »

Say, I don't have a yard stick or any thing that I can measure with. Anyone have any ideas for things I can use to measure with? Like maybe a baseball bat is # of feet? I could use that or soemthing. =3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hotty_blond2000

Crafting, Internet, and Pepsi are my weaknesses!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008 04:22:08 PM »

Well a piece of paper is 11" long.
It might take awhile to measure.
But it'd be  funny to say "My wall is 22 pages long." lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008 08:19:00 PM »

xD Uh huh. I'll have to find a tape measure..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Buy a Digital Video Camera
How to Create a Bullet Wound with Makeup
Non-Linear Editing - A Primer
Film Editing Basics and Theory
Free Video Editing Tip: 3D Compositing
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...