wow! I just checked the roster and see we have 40 swappers signed up! NICE group of swappers, really interesting themes have been chosen - I think that getting partners is going to be exciting with so much variety!and I can not wait to see what the gallery on this swap looks like!
I want to give a heads up to all before partners are assigned - so I know you are all still paying attention to the thread and not immersed in each other, LOL! first
- once partners are assigned to groups I will start the gallery but PLEASE no one can post in it until after cupcakeaccessories posts second in the thread
- she needs the second spot to list her group as we will be doing feedback there. I will send her a link and I think that link will get added to the first post on this thread by cupcakeaccessories once she has posted her group. second
- I really put a lot of emphasis on communication!
I think that the key to a successful swap and getting a package that you like is communication. Between partners and with organizers!
So I will send out little PM's periodically to my group asking anyone who hasn't sent yet to check in with me to let me know if you and your partner are visiting with each other and to ask for a progress update. Considering the length of this swap, I will likely send several of these. I expect swappers to respond within 48 hours to any check-in PM, unless they are not online - and to respond ASAP the next time they are online! I save all PM's to and from me until the swap is totally over, in case of issues - and I do follow ups on those who don't check in! third
- once again!
PM your partner and your organizer when you send and when you receive! We can't keep track of everyone that posts in the gallery no matter how hard we try with this large a group! fourth
- Do not forget DC#'s and tracking numbers in the USA and Customs numbers when sending out of country - or whatever sort of tracking numbers you can get. This will help to prove that you sent a package in the event of issues later on, and without that proof we can't be sure you sent until your partner tells us you did, and posts pics! If you don't know what these numbers are or how to find them - ask your partner, organizer, a moderator, or even the postal clerk!
This is really important as packages get lost, are misdirected to the wrong zipcodes, get stolen from doorways, etc - and we can't check up on that if we don't have a number to give the postal service for checking!fifth
- so you know now, I give feedback in pairs
. Once both partners in a pair receive and post photos, I will give both of them their feedback. However, if you have sent and your partner has received, and you need your feedback, send me a PM and I will see what can be done (this is where those tracking numbers help out too). sixth
- no matter how much we plan and organize and try to have no problems, things happen
People get sick, internet gets disconnected, people move, life happens!
If you are having a problem with communications because you can't get online - go to a friend's or a relative's or the library and let partner and organizer know! If you are having trouble meeting your swap obligations for whatever reason, contact your organizer and your partner as soon as you can. Extensions with communication are a lot better than negative feedback for disappearing! last and not least
- remember that the swap process is supposed to be fun! So - have a great time!
I think I am looking forward to seeing who will be in my group almost as much as I am looking forward to finding out who my partner will be! And I hope that my group will be satisfied with me as their organizer, and the swap overall will be happy with me as co-organizer!