A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
498 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 150
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Giant Multi-Theme Swap **SENDOUTS NOW JUNE 9TH!!!**  (Read 83975 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Dolly Mixx
« Reply #310 on: March 07, 2008 01:56:16 PM »

aww i wish we got snow, well proper snow anyway. if it does snow theres not usually very much and it only lasts a day or 2 at most!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

RondaS
Greetings and Merry Meet!

I am better, but still easily tired...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #311 on: March 07, 2008 03:00:47 PM »

ORGANIZATIONAL POST
wow! I just checked the roster and see we have 40 swappers signed up! NICE group of swappers, really interesting themes have been chosen - I think that getting partners is going to be exciting with so much variety!

and I can not wait to see what the gallery on this swap looks like!   Shocked

I want to give a heads up to all before partners are assigned - so I know you are all still paying attention to the thread and not immersed in each other, LOL!  Wink

first - once partners are assigned to groups I will start the gallery but PLEASE no one can post in it until after cupcakeaccessories posts second in the thread - she needs the second spot to list her group as we will be doing feedback there. I will send her a link and I think that link will get added to the first post on this thread by cupcakeaccessories once she has posted her group.  Cheesy

second - I really put a lot of emphasis on communication! I think that the key to a successful swap and getting a package that you like is communication. Between partners and with organizers!  Wink
So I will send out little PM's periodically to my group asking anyone who hasn't sent yet to check in with me to let me know if you and your partner are visiting with each other and to ask for a progress update. Considering the length of this swap, I will likely send several of these. I expect swappers to respond within 48 hours to any check-in PM, unless they are not online - and to respond ASAP the next time they are online! I save all PM's to and from me until the swap is totally over, in case of issues - and I do follow ups on those who don't check in!

third - once again! PM your partner and your organizer when you send and when you receive! We can't keep track of everyone that posts in the gallery no matter how hard we try with this large a group!  Shocked

fourth - Do not forget DC#'s and tracking numbers in the USA and Customs numbers when sending out of country - or whatever sort of tracking numbers you can get. This will help to prove that you sent a package in the event of issues later on, and without that proof we can't be sure you sent until your partner tells us you did, and posts pics! If you don't know what these numbers are or how to find them - ask your partner, organizer, a moderator, or even the postal clerk!
This is really important as packages get lost, are misdirected to the wrong zipcodes, get stolen from doorways, etc - and we can't check up on that if we don't have a number to give the postal service for checking!

fifth - so you know now, I give feedback in pairs. Once both partners in a pair receive and post photos, I will give both of them their feedback. However, if you have sent and your partner has received, and you need your feedback, send me a PM and I will see what can be done (this is where those tracking numbers help out too).  Wink

sixth - no matter how much we plan and organize and try to have no problems, things happen!
People get sick, internet gets disconnected, people move, life happens!
If you are having a problem with communications because you can't get online - go to a friend's or a relative's or the library and let partner and organizer know! If you are having trouble meeting your swap obligations for whatever reason, contact your organizer and your partner as soon as you can. Extensions with communication are a lot better than negative feedback for disappearing!  Undecided

last and not least - remember that the swap process is supposed to be fun! So - have a great time!

I think I am looking forward to seeing who will be in my group almost as much as I am looking forward to finding out who my partner will be! And I hope that my group will be satisfied with me as their organizer, and the swap overall will be happy with me as co-organizer!  Cheesy

Ronda
blessings!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

feel I've been sick forever - still tired and RUNNING LATE!!!

WARNING: MAGNETS, EVEN SMALL ONES, CAN INTERFERE WITH OR DAMAGE COMPUTERS AND ELECTRONICS LIKE CELL PHONES, AND ERASE DATA CODES ON CREDIT CARDS!

Give me a bag of tumbled stones and I will play for hours! Wink

Brightest Blessings!
Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

« Reply #312 on: March 07, 2008 03:42:19 PM »

It's 5:41 pm Friday, here...are we still discussing time?!?!

I'm goign stir crazy waiting on my partner. I think swaps keep as young. I mean, what else do we get this excited about?!? For me..it's a shoe sale..lol (hence, shoes being one of my themes)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.etsy.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blogspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
tattooedcrafter
I don't need friends, I have teddy bears!!!

Me and My littlest love

« Reply #313 on: March 07, 2008 04:02:53 PM »

i kept seeing kawaii all over this swap and had no clue what it was so i decided to looked it up and i came across the kawaii swap and id love to make so kawaii stuff for someone it is so cute and looks like fun *wink wink to the organizers*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have very limited internet access so if you don't hear from me don't worry I'll be around soon

I'm Full of Unexpected Awesomeness
wists.com/tattooedcrafter
phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #314 on: March 07, 2008 07:40:07 PM »

Snow? What's that? I live in Florida. There's no such thing as snow here. In fact, Love was born here and thus has NEVER seen snow in his life!  Shocked Can you imagine? I've at least seen it, though it's been like 22 years.

It rained though today. Quite nasty thunder storms, tornadoes hitting northern Florida and lots of lightning. All-around icky day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Pinky Damone
recovering..slowly but surely

My sewing machine is its own special brand of hell

« Reply #315 on: March 07, 2008 07:46:02 PM »

oaky...I just held up another swap board with my hot glue gun..(then I accidentally pulled it out of the outlet..so it's re-heating)

I don't wanna have to get 10 kinds of violent on this board!

Somewhere it's Saturday..even if it's on another planet! I want my PARTNER!

lol...tee hee....i'm just kidding

update: the snow is melting...old Frosty doesn't stand a chance out there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MY ETSY IS BEING CONSTRUCTED!
www.pinkydamone.etsy.com

PINY DAMONE BLOG
www.pinkydamone.blogspot.com

THIS WIST IS BANANAS! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
http://www.wists.com/NiRoshaK
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: March 07, 2008 07:51:07 PM »

Now I'm all confused with all the 50 and 80 degrees, you should all be melting!  Wink I'm used to Celcius degrees here. And we're having another snow storm this weekend. The snow has already started, but just a little, it should get worst. But I actually love winter and I like the snow. Good thing too since winter seems to be lasting for half the year.  Tongue

And thanks RondaS for the 'official post'. It's really well explained and will be easy to follow.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
Astica
« Reply #317 on: March 07, 2008 07:56:20 PM »

Now I'm all confused with all the 50 and 80 degrees, you should all be melting!  Wink I'm used to Celcius degrees here. And we're having another snow storm this weekend. The snow has already started, but just a little, it should get worst. But I actually love winter and I like the snow. Good thing too since winter seems to be lasting for half the year.  Tongue

And thanks RondaS for the 'official post'. It's really well explained and will be easy to follow.  Smiley
YAY! I was just thinking... Celcius? I use that...
Could it be? Another Canadian?
And alas, it is!  Grin
So now there are at least threefour of us... prehaps more ^^ (but I doubt it XD )

Also uber thanks to RondaS for the official post  Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 07, 2008 07:57:27 PM by Astica » THIS ROCKS   Logged
phoenixfiredesigns
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~* The Amazing Miss M! *~

(That crazy Tree of Life Pendant girl)

« Reply #318 on: March 07, 2008 07:59:25 PM »

Now I'm all confused with all the 50 and 80 degrees, you should all be melting!  Wink I'm used to Celcius degrees here.
This helps: http://www.onlineconversion.com/temperature.htm

I refer to it all the time when I blog so I can give the Celsius conversion for my international readers.

(FYI: 50F/10C and 80F/26.6C)  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

{ Like what I post? It's likely for sale! Etsy Storefront: http://phoenixfiredesigns.etsy.com }

{ My Blog: http://giveneyestosee.com/blog || LIKE PFD http://facebook.com/PhoenixFireDesigns }

{ Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/missmturner/ }
Lunanne

Being organized interferes with my creativity.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: March 07, 2008 08:20:20 PM »

Yep, I'm all the way up in Canada!  Smiley And thanks phoenixfiredesigns for the link, that'll be very useful, I'm bookmarking it.

And I have to say, the fact that this swap will involved research (on the themes you have to craft for) makes the nerd in me very happy.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Warning: Wisting can be addictive...

...so does Pinterest-ing!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 150 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chinese food elements - fon and choy plus yin and yang
Make very basic seasoning, special Chinese sauce and food
Stir fry and Blanching - Chinese Cooking Techniques
How to Make Seared Duck Breast - Food Done Right
How to Make a Stir Fry Meal
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Ticket Stub Shadowbox
Fishy fishy fishy...
Tute Tuesday: Fascinators

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...