A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sophisticated yet playful Hello Kitty birthday party  (Read 1252 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RICEriceBABY
« on: February 23, 2008 12:04:37 AM »

Hello! My 21st birthday party is on March 22nd and my theme is a sophisticated, yet playful Hello Kitty theme (haven't really come up with a name for it yet, maybe you can help me with that). The colors are yellow, purple and pink and the image of Hello Kitty that I decided to use for the entire theme is a collaborated design of Hello Kitty and Momoberry, which depicts her in a small black dress, looking like a young woman instead of her usually kiddy cute self.

I'm not going to be serving alcohol at my party since I don't care much for alcohol, plus some of my friends are under 21, so I'll be serving "mocktails". My invitation below depicts the theme and mood that I'm going for:

So, as you can see, I love Hello Kitty and though I'm going to be an adult soon I still want people to know that I am maturing, but I'm still a kid at heart.  Cheesy

As for the decorations, I'm using mostly balloons since it's really cheap. I've got lots of ideas about entertainment and food down, but what I really need help with are the favors. My problem is that I'm going to have some male party guests, of course, and I don't want to send them home with Hello Kitty items that they won't be interested in. I'm expecting 20+ people, so I really need and idea for favors that are cheap and can be enjoyable for both guys and gals.

Any suggestions as to what the name of the theme should be and favor ideas? Thanks in advance!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
getmehaha

smile and be happy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008 04:40:48 AM »

oh my gosh!! hello kitty themed party!! yay.. i love hello kitty too and i'm around your age. hello kitty is not only for kids!  Cheesy

anyway.. for the favors, maybe you can give cookies wrapped in hello kitty plastic bag or something wrapped with ribbon like HK's bow ribbon. I was thinking of apples, for the reference of Kitty's weight which is as much as 3 apples haha, but maybe it won't go too well with your colour theme and will look random. Or maybe yellow/purple mini candles and you can print out the silhouette of Kitty-momoberry style and paste it on the packaging or something.

hope that can help.. ^^ I'm excited for your party lol..happy birthday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Orrkid
Crafty WICHITANS Unite!

I'm addicted to DDR. I need a 12-step program.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008 05:36:13 AM »

"Hello Kitty All Grown Up" comes to mind as a theme.

This is really cool - I would have loved to have thought of it for my 21st birthday - AND I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't have alcohol. It was just so, I don't know, the thing to do - and I like to be different. Smiley I hope you have a really great time!

As for the guys, you could give them Dear Daniel stuff, hee hee! Badtz Maru might appeal to them. Or you could go all Happy Meal and do HK for the girls, Hot Wheels for the boys. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

But we have flamethrowers. And what this indicates to me, it means that at some point, some person said to himself, "Gee, I sure would like to set those people on fire over there. But I'm way too far away to get the job done. If only I had something that would throw flame on them."
strawberrieshk
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008 06:13:45 AM »

I agree w/ the Badtz Maru thing for boys... he's funny.

and ummm, a theme could be "And they call it, Kitty Love" (like the song Puppy Love???) lol, I kinda stole that idea reading your invite (the Lani Love part)..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi
LeesaLove
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008 07:24:57 AM »

Did you want a food type thing?? Or something they can keep??

A little box tied with a ribbon (like HK's,as suggested above) filled with Jelly Bellys or M&M's in your colors would be cute.  Maybe the box could be white or black & the ribbon your colors. You could even write your name & the party date on the inside, esp. it's a box that could be used again as a trinket box.

Maybe a little white pot with a packet of seeds (Pansys are purple & yellow)
Guys are hard to do favors for!   I would stick with some thing to eat or use for the guys (candy,, gum, cookies, candles, mints.)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
RICEriceBABY
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2008 08:29:38 AM »

oh my gosh!! hello kitty themed party!! yay.. i love hello kitty too and i'm around your age. hello kitty is not only for kids!  Cheesy

anyway.. for the favors, maybe you can give cookies wrapped in hello kitty plastic bag or something wrapped with ribbon like HK's bow ribbon. I was thinking of apples, for the reference of Kitty's weight which is as much as 3 apples haha, but maybe it won't go too well with your colour theme and will look random. Or maybe yellow/purple mini candles and you can print out the silhouette of Kitty-momoberry style and paste it on the packaging or something.

hope that can help.. ^^ I'm excited for your party lol..happy birthday!

She is definitely not just for kids!  Cheesy

Hehe that apple idea is cute! But yes, I don't know if everyone would get the point or it might be random. But I do like the ribbon idea!

Thank you!

"Hello Kitty All Grown Up" comes to mind as a theme.

This is really cool - I would have loved to have thought of it for my 21st birthday - AND I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't have alcohol. It was just so, I don't know, the thing to do - and I like to be different. Smiley I hope you have a really great time!

As for the guys, you could give them Dear Daniel stuff, hee hee! Badtz Maru might appeal to them. Or you could go all Happy Meal and do HK for the girls, Hot Wheels for the boys. Smiley

Hehe, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one too! I love being different too. You know, you can still have a grown up HK party if you want!

Hmm yes I thought about Dear Daniel stuff but I couldn't find a whole lot of stuff from him... I thought about cookies in the shape of Hello Kitty and Dear Daniel, but I wouldn't know how to get the shape of Dear Daniel with his little hairs and without the bow hehe. But I love the Badtz Maru idea! I didn't even think about that! I'm sure I can find lots of stuff from him. And the Happy Meal idea is good too! I'll have to check that out..

Did you want a food type thing?? Or something they can keep??

A little box tied with a ribbon (like HK's,as suggested above) filled with Jelly Bellys or M&M's in your colors would be cute.  Maybe the box could be white or black & the ribbon your colors. You could even write your name & the party date on the inside, esp. it's a box that could be used again as a trinket box.

Maybe a little white pot with a packet of seeds (Pansys are purple & yellow)
Guys are hard to do favors for!   I would stick with some thing to eat or use for the guys (candy,, gum, cookies, candles, mints.)

I really like the idea of incorporating a ribbon like HK's! And I know of a local place where I can find M&M's in my colors, so that's sounding really good to me right now.

Yes, guys are hard to do favors for! Like I mentioned above, I wanted to do HK and Dear Daniel shaped cookies because I already have a HK cookie cutter, but I just didn't know how to get Dear Daniel's little hairs... I know I can cut off the silhouette of HK's bow... WHOA! I just had an idea! I'll just use the Hello Kitty cookie cutter, cut off her bow part, and for Dear Daniel's little hairs, I'll just decorate them on with icing! Whoo! Ok, now I've got it -- HK and Dear Daniel shaped cookies, inside a trinket box and wrapped in a ribbon(only for the girls)!!

Thanks so much, guys! I feel foolish for not thinking of this earlier!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Film Editing Basics and Theory
Free Video Editing Tip: 3D Compositing
Using Title Templates in Premiere Pro CS4
How to Keep Special Effects from Intruding on Story
How to cheat a look on Camera
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #107: Bottle It Up Winner!
Tute Tuesday: Whitman's Sampler
The Zombie Trend: Now... Sheep!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...