A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,507
Currently Running With Scissors:
319 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Boston area knitting groups?  (Read 2361 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

simone
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« on: August 11, 2003 09:14:31 PM »

Hey all,
I know there are lots of knitting groups in the area--anyone attended any regularly? I know there's the Woolcott (in Harvard Sq) one that meets at the Redline bar. I only went once, but it was well-attended and it was so fun to see new projects!

I know there's another one at the Brookline Booksmith and at the Somerville Public Library (the branch near Davis Sq). Anyone been to those? How are they?

I sort of coordinate a small group of knitters (and the occasional crocheter, seamster, etc). that gets together about once every couple weeks. Though, the summer's just way way way too hot for such activities. But hopefully we'll get started back up soon. (anyone interested is welcome to join, too--just email me!).

--Simone
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969 04:00:00 PM by 1062345600 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*chickadeesimone.livejournal.com* www.chick-a-dee.com * www.bazaarbizaare.org * www.magpie-store.com*
rratstarr

needs a new hobby like a hole in the head.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003 06:24:22 PM »

There is a yahoo group for many knitting stitch-n-bitch groups that meet around Boston/Cambridge called stitchnbitch-boston.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stitchnbitch-boston/

I have not attended any of the groups regularly, actually I have only been to one of them, and only one time.  However, this yahoo group is used for schedule changes and stuff like that, it's pretty low-volume as far as emails go.

-rratstarr
THIS ROCKS   Logged

joygoddess
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2003 11:39:38 AM »

My friends and I were doing okay with our own little group for a few weeks, then it fell apart faster than it started... we keep talking about, but we haven't met for almost a month... *sigh*
I just signed up to the yahoo stitch 'n' bitch message group and thinking about attending this Tuesday's meeting at Peet's (Harv. Sq.)... othan than that, all I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cbradio
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2003 01:48:43 PM »

It's great to hear about these groups, but I wonder if there are any in Jamaica Plain.  My friends and I get together at each other's apartments, but it would be great to find a more formal group for the times my friends aren't available.  I think there is a new yarn shop on amory street.  does anyone know if they do a group?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name!
cbradio
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2004 11:36:14 AM »

Ok, I'm answering my own question.  There is a new yarn shop in JP called Circles and they have knitting groups there.  It's located right by the Green Street T station at 555 Amory Street.  The woman who owns it is really nice and the space is new, clean, and not that crowded.  They even have tea to drink and couches to sit and knit on.  I really need to start hanging out there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When God made the arse, he didn't say, 'Hey, it's just your basic hinge, let's knock off early.' He said, 'Behold ye angels, I have created the arse. Throughout the ages to come, men and women shall grab hold of these, and shout my name!
Brizz
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004 06:29:22 PM »

Allison at Circles may just as well be my hero.  I probably drive her nuts, but I love to just hang out there and knit away.  There's a group that meets on Saturday nights that meets at Circles and then moves on to knitting at Doyle's, I haven't made it yet, but I hope to this weekend.  Knitting and drinking is one of my favorite things.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Fried Bananas
How to Make Fast Chinese Food Easy?
Part 5 - How to Make Tempura Noodles
7 Steps to Eating Healthy at Chinese Restaurants
Thai Foodcast: Green Curry Chicken
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...