A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 302,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
650 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: More beloved McCall's 3979 aprons  (Read 1094 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

threegirlsandaboy
« on: February 25, 2008 12:08:04 PM »

I saw the first picture of these in an apron swap here on Craftster.  I knew right then that I HAD to have this pattern.  I ended up making one for my SIL, one for an ex-neighbor, and 3 for my little girls.  I had a real learning curve with the bias tape at first, but I think I finally got it down by the 5th one.  :-)  I just joined this MB a couple of days ago (though a long-time lurker) and this is my first attempt to post pics, so we'll see how it goes.  The first is some vintage cherry fabric I found at Joann's.

This one is made from a sheet I picked up at a thrift store a couple of years ago.  I LOVE this fabric.

This is my attempt to do smaller aprons for my girls.  After spending a lot of time cutting the pattern down for my oldest, I didn't want to repeat that for my other two.  I ended up cutting out a panel for each of the smaller girls to make the apron shorter.  The last one is missing a lot of the character of the original pattern, so I might do it differently next time. 

« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 12:12:37 PM by threegirlsandaboy » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Babyangel
Photographer, mommy, late night crafter

I made the BEST OF 2007 with my love letter box!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008 12:49:47 PM »

Oooohhhh! I did one of these for the kitchy kitchen swap. I wasnt in it but I angeled and I made one for my FOC Secret Swap! I love them you did an excellent job! Ill have to post the ones I did in their own thread too. I love this pattern. The bias was a pain but only on the very curvy bottom part.
EXCELLENT JOB!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 12:50:16 PM by Babyangel » THIS ROCKS   Logged

little*devil

protect me from what i want

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008 07:01:00 PM »

Oh I love these!  I made one of these for the Buy Nothing Swap back in November and I had a terrible time with the bias tape on mine too!  I use a lot of bias tape and I've never had trouble using it until I made this so I promise, it's usually not hard to use.  Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
threegirlsandaboy
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008 09:46:39 AM »

Thanks for the compliments.  I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that struggles with bias binding.  I never wear an apron (I prefer to just make a mess of my clothes, I guess), but after making these for everyone else, I'm starting to think I should.  :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Easy Fried Rice - Gordon Ramsay
Simple Soy Glazed Chicken Recipe
Pork and Ginger Soup Recipe
How to Make Chinese Wok Fried Beans
Chef Gordon Ramsay Vs Take Away Food
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...