A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 309,350
Currently Running With Scissors:
371 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: September 08 Wedding!!! ---Modified  (Read 9243 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2008 08:13:39 PM »

Ooh that wire is a good idea, even if not used for wallpaper!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
yum yum in my tum tum
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008 10:23:58 AM »

oh nifty...thats a really easy way to texturize the room a bit. its a little cold looking at the moment and the fabric and wallpaper idea would really warm it up...awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LindsayLuu
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2008 11:10:52 AM »

What kind of fondant did you use? The only kind I've ever made was made from marshmallows and was super tasty. The only problem is that after a couple of days it turns kinda stinky and damp but someone on here mentioned a way to fix that (I can't remember how at the moment)
http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm the link to the marshmallow fondant if you feel like trying again.
Your location is beautiful! What state is that in? Also, we have really similar dresses! AND we're getting married a month and a day away Smiley I wish WE could have gotten married on our anniversay (our 4 year anniversary is in 2 days!!) but neither of us are really fond of this time of year.

just a note about marshmallow fondant: the only way that I know how to keep it from getting damp is to keep it out of the refridgerator!!  That means that if you're going to use it, make a cake with filling that doesn't need to be kept cold.  The cake will be preserved under the fondant. 

Hope that helps someone! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thekster
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2008 07:13:36 PM »

Hmm I hadn't thought of that. The cakes I make usually don't need to be refrigerated, but I like when they're cold so I do it out of habit. Neat! Maybe I'll try using it again now haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
morefatthanfiber
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2008 09:06:47 AM »

Okay, lets see what tips I remember ( just got married six months ago, but the mind is going already at the ripe old age of 25)....

flowers...depending on what particular flowers youre going for, look around and compare fresh and fake - common thought is that fake are always cheaper, but thats not always the case.  just do the arranging yourself and youll save a lot of money that way.
-dont forget, you dont have to use flowers at all if you dont want to.  ive seen people use candles or carry a Bible or all sorts of things.  I used flowers, but glass flowers.  i found a seller on ebay who had gorgeous murano italian art glass flowers and i used seven for my bouquet and three for each of my bridesmaids bouquets.  i also ordered magnet (flowers, frogs, apples, fish, etc.) that were all art glass from the same vendor and used them for favors...shipping for all of it was pretty low and the prices were fantastic - cheapest favors, plus they were neat and people loved them.  wouldnt change how i did the flowers for a million bucks.  i made swarovski crystal boutonnieres and corsages and flower girl sprays and they were all adorable and cheap since i also ordered crystals on ebay in bulk.

the dress looks awesome - i cant wait to see pictures!

make sure you talk to your reception site people and see what they will allow you to bring in - every vendor i could find in my area in texas wouldnt allow homemade food.  so we didnt have much choice about catering, but we went with a favorite restaurant that isnt one of the "normal" wedding catering places in the area and paid way less with incredible food.  for cake (if you cant bring in a homemade), we went with a local grocery store that had a bakery and it was better than any other place i'd tasted, plus way cheaper.  (and btw, i dont know about homemade frosting, but we had fondant from the bakery and i loved it!)

centerpieces - this was one of the hardest areas for me since we didnt do flowers at all...but candles are great.  we also used fresh fruit (worked with our colors) in bowls.  more than anything, everything was placed on a large mirror in the center of the table (something already available to use with no extra charge) and around whatever we put in the center we put skittles in our colors (red, green and orange) and people LOVED it

everything else - invitations, save the dates, programs...we did all our paper goods ourselves and saved a LOT.  we did a sand ceremony instead of a unity candle, but either one can be done cheaply.  i made my hair pins and skipped a veil.  we found a local photographer that was retired from something else - he charged a fraction of what the "professionals" charged and he was fantastic about everything!  the pictures were gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 Fabulous Confidence Boosting Styles with Elizabeth Stewart
The Fringe Trend
How to Rock the Grunge Gone Glam Trend
Two Ways to Style a Colored Fur Jacket
Is There Fashion in Baseball?
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Mother's Day Fridge Clip
Robin crafts! Hello spring!
I Scream, You Scream...

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...