A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 301,981
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country/Region Doesn't Have That" Round 10 - Signups/Claims CLOSED  (Read 17477 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2008 09:57:42 PM »

Oh.. and a word from organzier: I'll be PM'ing everyone when you claim with your date to send by, and your partner's address!

AND to Calvero... the advice the others gave is good! For amounts: basically, try to make the biggest and best package you can on your budget! I'm hesitant to give a dollar value, because people do often just have some of the things they are giving. But yes, definitely look at the packages from other rounds for inspiration! (And make sure to watch out for shipping costs!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

piaochong
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2008 09:59:56 PM »

My names piaochong and
having PM-d the organizer, been approved.

i would like to claim mirchita for her ANY other country, perhaps i can send some fabrics from our Australian spotlight, some cute Australian animal softies, and some other interesting things.~ maybe something for the littlies?

I am from Australia, so I can offer things such as small plush native animals (everyone loves koalas right?) some British chocolates, and some Australian chocolate. In particular, my home town is known for the gold rush (though Im not sending any gold in the post! Cheesy) as well as having a unique Chinese heritage site, as well as trams, a huge cathedral (one of the biggest in Aus) my hometown also is known for its wool (we have a sheep and wool show annually) and soon, the largest Buddhist stupa in the southern hemisphere (this is currently being built)~ I can offer anything that is distinctly Australian if I have ready access to it.

1. China, as I love china. I would love to receive small toys and trinkets, patches,       stationary, Beijing Olympic mascot paraphernalia, how to learn Chinese books (as Im studying it at the moment) plus candies, fabric (silks/satins or otherwise) postcard packs and souvenirs. Anything to do with ethnic minorities, such as beads, photos, Miao silver accessories etc. festival papers, red envelopes etc.
2. Japan, art books, manga, gashapon, stationary, candies, trinkets, doremon! Plushies religious icons, spirit tags etc. how to learn Japanese books/DVDs. see above for more ideas.
3. North America- manga, art books, how to- (make shoes, do woodwork, make stuffies, pyrograph, work with resin, decorate your house.etc etc) shabby chic crafts and fabrics. CANDY! Ribbon, strategy guides, gaming paraphernalia (e.g.: pacman.) strange fridge magnets, holiday cooking guides! Notebooks
4.Great Britain fabric, Scottish flag (as Im half Scottish myself) things to do with the royal family, fashion mags, jewellery, trinkets, knick knacks, roadside diner tartar sauce! Anything to do with archaeology or the history of Britain. (Or the follies!) Buttons. Magnets, notebooks
5. South America: anything to do with the history of South America, either of a country or the Aztecs/Incas (I love archaeology) anything to do with the day of the dead celebrations is good or other festivities. Rio de Janeiro souvenirs, fridge magnets are good. Fabric and checha(sp) powdered cordial drink?
6. Europe/ Holland anything to do with sewing period costumes, souvenirs from any of the major cities, fashion magazines, fabric, art books, Dutch stuff (coz im half Dutch) anything to do With the Dutch royal family, cross stitch patterns in traditional Dutch scenes/ European scenes. Stationary. Clogs!
7. any other country, im easy Cheesy
just see above for some ideas. It seems specific, bUt I will be happy with anything I get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2008 11:05:29 PM »

oh my God!! I have visited your wist, Piaochong, and you have wonderfull fashion sense  Shocked, everything is so vintage femenine and sexy, so please add vintage earrings or bracelets or stockings or lingerie to the options.... feel free to surprise me!!! hahaha I trust you  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
piaochong
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2008 11:20:10 PM »

oh my God!! I have visited your wist, Piaochong, and you have wonderfull fashion sense  Shocked, everything is so vintage femenine and sexy, so please add vintage earrings or bracelets or stockings or lingerie to the options.... feel free to surprise me!!! hahaha I trust you  Grin
awww shucks! thanks!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trillian

One is never alone with a rubber duck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 24, 2008 03:17:17 AM »

Hi! I'm trillian, a Finnish student currently living it up in the Netherlands. I claim piaochong for stuff from the Netherlands/Europe. I've PM:d the organizer and been approved.

My wishlist

- Finnish/Scandinavian candy/stuff, occasionally I feel a little homesick so a bag of Turkin pippuri, Dumle or  Aarrearkku would be really great, I'd also love some Finnish bubblegum. And I've been craving Karelian Rice Pasties for weeks (= Karjalanpiirakka/Karelska piroger).

- American/Canadian stuff: a copy of BUST or some knitting/crochet magazine and some candy (anything with peanuts and or chocolate in them is fine!) A couple of packets of Pink Lemonade (my favorite flavor) Kool-Aid would be great.

- Mexico: anything to do with Dia de Los Muertos, a sugar scull mold

- ANY other country: surprise me! I love knitting and I'm starting to get into crochet. I love fashion magazines and of course knitting/crochet magazines. I'm not allergic to anything and I'm fairly open-minded towards trying new things. Stuff that is related to your country and a letter (to explain things) would be lovely. I love chocolate, especially chocolate paired with peanuts! My favorite colors are red, brown, purple, black, green and pink.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008 12:18:49 PM by trillian » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lucy van pelt
in the sky, with diamonds

lie back and think of england

« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2008 05:05:22 AM »

I'm lucy van pelt, from Florida USA, and I've been approved by the swap organizer. I'd like to claim trillian for goodies from the US! (my first claim)

I can send gossip rags, candies, yarn, tourist items from my beachy part of Florida - if you like dolphins, manatees, etc. I can send it.

1. England - I am fairly obsessed with England ever since I was a child - I love the literature, films, phone boxes, everything! I was there in '86 and would love to go back. I would enjoy some magazines and tea. Cadbury Flake is awesome. Can you send Matthew McFadyen, too? Cheesy

2. Thailand - anything from Thailand, postcards, fabric, trinkets, noodles, magazines. What a gorgeous-looking country. (The food rocks.) Something from Bangkok perhaps? Chopsticks?

3. Japan - another of my lifelong fascinations. Everything. I am a sushi-holic, and I love the kitschy side of their culture as well! Would love tea, bentos, baseball (Chiba Lotte Mariners!) trinkets, anything to do with Tokyo

4. Italy -  Beautiful people, beautiful culture - art, food, fashion, food, coffee, food - my friend just recently went to Milan and had the time of her life. I'm jealous. I want a little Italy in my life! Postcards of great artworks and sweeties would be fab. I'd love something that has the leaning tower of Pisa on it.

5. Spain - Looks gorgeous. My dad enjoyed  his time in the Army there. I am told tales of great food and wine. You don't have to send that, but anything to do with classic art would be nice - Picasso, Goya, etc. Candy too - what kind of candy is in Spain?

6. India - great food, friendly folks - love Bollywood movies - anything at all from India, esp. a Ganesh figurine, fabric and incense, is appreciated.

Please note I am not picky and the above items are just ideas. I am thrilled by anything. Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 25, 2008 06:45:38 AM by lucy van pelt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2008 08:34:32 AM »

Hi Lucy!

HappyChick has already been claimed a couple pages ago (by me Smiley
  The next person to be claimed is trillian.
  Sorry! I just thought I should point that out before we get sidetracked Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
psyche

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008 03:13:56 PM »

Thanks octopus... and I see we are all sorted out. (Anyone feel free to jump in if we have a snag... ongoing swaps are sometimes tricky!)

And we're on back on track, so anyone can claim  lucy van pelt!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2008 07:56:49 PM »

Oh, also... most of you have this swap looking super strange in your swap feedback, which I figured out is because it's a link and has quotation marks in it! I've got a ticket in the help desk to get a mod to fix it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

danni.yelly
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008 04:52:29 AM »

I, danni.yelly from Corby, England, having PM-d the organizer and been approved, would like to claim lucy van pelt for English stuff! (first claim)

I can send chocolates, tea, books and anything else typically English. I can try to get Matthew McFadyen for you but i dont know if he will be available! Cheesy

Here is a list of countries i would like to recieve from.

1. US/Canada - kool aid, i cant get enough of it!, reeces sweets and oreos!!! Any pop tarts that we dont have here - the more chocolate the better! I would love the first 2 issues of CRAFT magazine if anyone can get them? they are very exspensive to order back issues to UK. Any fancy yarns that arn't available in the UK, any colours! loves Indianapolis Colts and would be great if i could get anything with them! Cheesy Other than that anything very american, i love stuff from there! But please no Hersheys!
2. Japan/China - i dont know if there is anyone from here? I really love all the fabrics from over here! And ANYTHING lolita would be amazing. Also anime stuff. (dont know if i spelt that right?) I really like Panzer Dragoon and would love something related. Also would like to try the candy over there. Also anything Geisha related stuff - i love it!
3. Australia/New Zealand - Chocolate fish! Cheesy sea shells, beads, anything surf related. i really like all the surf makes over there. Any beachy stuff lol.
4. Italy - I have been there 3 times and still want to go back! I love pretty much anything from there! i would love some pasta as its not the same over here as well as the herbs over there. There are these biscuits coated in sugar which i love from there but i cant remmeber there name! Any old Italian style stuff really.
5. Any country other than my own! i am struggling to think of more stuff though i know there is loads! i would love sweeties/chocolates from other countries, any yarns or fabrics and anything which is traditional from the country. im not really too picky!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a triangle in a square peg.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Field Test: Fake Bangs for the Noncommittal
Black Women and Their Hair
Try This Different Take on the Braid
Hair Tips: Customizing Your Curling Iron
2012 Emmy Awards Hairstyle Trends
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...