A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "My Country/Region Doesn't Have That" Round 10 - Signups/Claims CLOSED  (Read 16239 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

psyche
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Late Arrival (by Mister Reusch)

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 22, 2008 11:27:20 AM »

Swap name: " My Country/Region Doesn't Have That" Round 10
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: psyche
Co-Organizer: javede
Sign-up date range: February 22 - March 22 (same range of dates for making claims!)
Date to send item by: 2 weeks from claim

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): nope! The more the merrier

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? Definitely not!!

All ages allowed? Or 18+? All ages but be aware of international shipping costs and get a parents permission, please.

About the organizer...
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: NO
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:
Another marvellous round of My Country, this time with an even longer acronym: MCRDHT.... US & non-US can send to each other as always, non-US and non-US can send to each other since the swap's been "ongoing", and now *new and improved* US & US can send to each other (have a hankering for some tacky souvenirs from Las Vegas/New York/Hollywood/[insert big city that people might be from here], or some local goodies from other people's hometowns? Perfect.)
This is a great way to learn a bit about the other people and places on Craftster.

You will be required to post a list of a minimum of 6 countries/regions/continents/areas/cities (anything from "England" to "Europe" to "Scandinavia" to "Las Vegas") you would like to receive from, along with some ideas of items you would be interested in getting (although there are no guarantees, this is just to give your partner an idea of what you would like).  You are required to put "Any other than my own" as a country choice - the key to this swap is flexibility.  You have two weeks from the date you claim to send your package.

So it works like this. One person posts their list. Once you are approved by the organizer or co-organizer, you are free to claim! Then, if you see your country in their list of desired countries, or if you feel like you can make them a good package, you can claim them! (NOTE: You can only claim the last person to post their list! It works like a chain) You post your claim, and your own list, which will look something like this:

I claim ____________ (Craftster right before you) for things from __________ (your country). I can send her ________, ______________, _________, and ____________ that she asked for (this can be useful, so the Craftster you are claiming can cross those things off her list!)

I am from ___________ (your country). Here is a list of places I would like to receive from:

1. Germany - German magazines (as I'm studying German), lebkuchen, candy, beads, marzipan, Oktoberfest anything
2. Scandinavia - Dumle candies!! mix-CDs (esp. hip hop, Scandinavian hip hop= amazing) , junk food, fashion magazines, beads, Moomin things
3. France- vintage or vintage looking anything, old or new mags and books, candy
4. Singapore - fabric, craft books or magazines, candy, music
5. New Zealand - chocolate fish, Moro bars, paua shell buttons, photo postcards and tour books, beads
6. Asia - craft books/magazines, fabric, kitschy stationary, anything!
7. Any other than my own-- literally any, I am very open!
I'm a history major so I love anything related to history. I love anything kitschy as well, and bright colors! I like reading fashion, craft, and feminist magazines

And then the chain continues: another craftster will feel like they are able to make a nice package for you, and they will claim you (and they will send to you!)

Notes:
- if you have been claimed by someone from one country on your first claim, on your second claim you can say that you don't want to receive from there!
- you can only say you don't want to receive from the US if you have already received from the US
- if it's been 48 hours and you haven't been claimed, we may ask you to try to make your list a little longer, or bring back countries you had "crossed out"!

Due to the requirement for international shipping in this swap, there are limits on how many claims you can have outstanding.
- Newbies can have 1 claim outstanding
- Regular members can have 2 claims outstanding
- FOCs can have 3 claims outstanding 

Swap packages NOT subject to weight restrictions - send as much as you can afford.  Hopefully, this will allow most people to send out twice without breaking the bank.

You must get a receipt when you send - this is very important with this type of international swap.  Also, YOU MUST PM THE ORGANIZER & CO-ORGANIZER WHEN YOU SEND AND RECEIVE.  This is crucial to keep the swap running smoothly!

QUESTIONNAIRE TO SEND TO ORGANIZER (psyche) & CO-ORGANIZER (javede)
Name of swap: "My Country/Region Doesn't Have That" Round 10
Craftster name:
Mail address:
Email address:
What country/region are you from?:
Is there anything specifically interesting about your area? Or is there anything specifically interesting you could send? (Do you have special jams & jellies? The best LYS for miles/kilometres? Are you near a big city that people might want souvenirs from?... and so on!): ** NOTE: I'm going to post your answer to this one on the thread!

And we have a some senders, so we also have a gallery! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=231561.0
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008 07:56:32 AM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008 11:31:03 AM »

For the participants:
All packages received
Things still in the mail
Did not make any claims
Marked as Flaking
Package yet to be sent

1. psyche [Canada] (claimed 3 times)
2. Calvero [Las Vegas, US] (claimed 1 time)
3. octopusincclothing [Boston, US] (claimed 2 times)
4. mixymo [Australia] (claimed 2 times)-
5. frosty772 [Ohio, US] (claimed 1 time)
6. militant pacifist [Netherlands] (claimed 2 times)
7. lucy van pelt [Florida, US] (claimed 1 time, claimed as angel)
8. trillian [Amsterdam, Netherlands] (clamed 1 time)
9. Happychick [Durham, UK] (claimed 1 time)
10. mirchita [Mexico] (claimed 2 times) -
11. danni.yelly [England] (claimed 1 time)
12. aeronberry [Texas, US] (claimed 2 times)
13. piaochong [Australia] (claimed 1 time)
14. javede [Germany] (claimed 2 times)  
15. lilyla19 [Thailand] (claimed 1 time)
16. !b [Calgary, AB, Canada] (did not make any claims)
17. sewing-girl [Norway] (claimed 1 time)
18. Ryoruki [Indiana, US] (claimed 1 time) 
19. kamenrider [Japan] (claimed 2 times)
20. colourandy [Nova Scotia, Canada] (claimed 1 time)
21. thatrenee [Toronto, Canada] (claimed 1 time)
22. quid_pro_quo [Miami, FL, USA] (claimed 1 time)
23. amymisha [Maine, USA] (did not make any claims)
24. littlehummingbird [Milwaukee, WI, USA] (claimed 2 times)
25. Lunastara [Netherlands] (did not make any claims)
26. Jessica.Marie [Ohio, US] (did not make any claims)
27. NerdyCrochetGal [NY state, US] (claimed 1 time)
28. Grahairedoldlady (angel only!)
29. sasserdesas (angel only!)

CLAIMS
(All days are counted in EST time zone, which is the same as Craftster time if you didn't change it to your own time zone!)

Sent
Received
Marked as Flaking (Angel in Progress)
Missing Package (Angel in Progress)

Send by March 8 one week mark: Mar. 1, 2 days mark: Mar. 6
militant pacifist (Netherlands) to psyche
Calvero (US) to militant pacifist
Happychick (UK) to Calvero
Octopusincclothing (US/Boston) to Happychick
mixymo (Australia) to Octopusincclothing
psyche (Canada/US stuff) to mixymo
mirchita (Mexico) to psyche

Send by March 9 one week mark: Mar. 2, 2 days mark: Mar. 7
piaochong (Australia) to mirchita
trillian (Netherlands) to piaochong
lucy van pelt (US) to trillian

Send by March 10 one week mark: Mar. 3, 2 days mark: Mar. 8
danni.yelly (England) to lucy van pelt
frosty772 (US) to danni.yelly

Send by March 11 one week mark: Mar. 4, 2 days mark: Mar. 9
sewing-girl (Norway) to frosty772

Send by March 12 one week mark: Mar 5, 2 days mark: Mar. 10
javede (Germany) to sewing-girl [Sent Mar. 13]
octopusincclothing (USA) to javede
militant pacifist (Netherlands) to octopusincclothing
aeronberry (USA) to militant pacifist

Send by March 13 one week mark: Mar. 6, 2 days mark: Mar. 11
kamenrider (Japan) to aeronberry
colourandy (Canada/US stuff) to kamenrider
mixymo (Australia) to colourandy
kamenrider (Japan) to mixymo

Send by March 16 one week mark: Mar. 9, 2 days mark: Mar. 14
thatrenee (Canada) to kamenrider [Sent Mar. 27]
littlehummingbird (US) to thatrenee
quid_pro_quo (Miami, US) to littlehummingbird
psyche (Canada) to quid_pro_quo

Send by March 18 one week mark: Mar. 11, 2 days mark: Mar. 16
aeronberry (Texas, US) to psyche

Send by March 31 one week mark: Mar. 24, 2 days mark: Mar. 29
javede (Germany + Asian stuff) to aeronberry
NerdyCrochetGal (US) to javede
Mirchita (Mexico) to NerdyCrochetGal

Send by April 1 one week mark: Mar. 25, 2 days mark: Mar. 30
Ryoruki (US) to Mirchita
lilyla19 (Thailand) to Ryoruki
littlehummingbird (US) to lilyla19

Send by April 4
psyche (Canada/Asian stuff/etc) to littlehummingbird

Awesome Angels - Send by May 3 if possible
lucy van pelt to sewing-girl
Grahairedoldlady to lilyla19

Awesome Angels Part 2 - Send by June 12 if possible
sasserdesas to kamenrider
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008 03:45:25 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008 11:31:28 AM »

Here's a list of chocolate and candy goodies that other countries can send to each other! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=121655.0

If you can think of anything to add, let us know!

And our participants, for motivation (and ideas of what to ask for!):

psyche - Ontario, Canada --> I can do all sorts of Canadian things (stuff with maple leafs on it, maple sugar candies, things like that), I can get souvenirs from Toronto, I can send most British candy/chocolate, and most Japanese candies too (we have a really great Japanese candy shop). Canada has some interesting magazines. (Strut? I don't know if that's everywhere) and pretty much all US magaines too.

Calvero - Las Vegas, NV, US --> If you like m&ms merchandise there is about 80% of its merchandise that can only be found in Las Vegas. There is also a ethel m chocolate factory here. The worlds biggest souvenir shop is here. Theres alot more, but I can't think of any right now. I don't think there is anything besides souvenirs here.

octopusincclothing - Boston, US --> Well. Boston has a lot of cool stores... Magpie being one of them. It's really expensive though -- We have tons of craft & thrift stores... We have a pathetic Chinatown. I live North of Boston, so I am actually pretty close to New Hampshire, too.

mixymo - Melbourne, Australia --> Aussie brand foods, Arnotts, Kraft, etc. We have a Chinatown, a few Japanese stores and quite a few other Asian areas. Lots of typical Aussie souvenirs, Kikki K stationary, magazines. Melbourne has pretty much everything. Lots of craft and yarn stores too.

frosty772 - Ohio, US --> I live in a fairly small town here. There are shops here and some larger nearby cities as well. Lets see there is an Amish community not far from here,  A giant flea market (Hartville) with various sellers, Daffins chocolate its nearby (said to be the largest in the world(??).  Ohio is pretty historical too if you are into that (namely American Civil War). I can get US magazines and candies as well. 

militant pacifist - The Netherlands --> Holland has the obvious windmills, tulips, clogs (Last time I send out clog slippers) and other touristy stuff. But Miffy is also created by a Dutch artist/writer, I could also get more traditional artists' stuff like Rembrandt, Vermeer, van Gogh and so on. I can get call the kind of liquorice you want, al lot of products to put on your sandwich (for instance: chocolate sprinkels), and other european candy. Oh, I'm almost forgetting stroopwafels! I live near Rotterdam, it is famous for its architecture, but I go to amsterdam once a week for a course I'm doing, so I could get stuff from there aswell.

lucy van pelt - Florida, US --> if it's tacky or tasteful Florida souvenirs you crave (t-shirts, figurines, postcards, or candy); or seashells, baseball stuff, and stuff fcarefully culled from our awesome thrift stores, then pick me, Monty! Cheesy I can also send magazines, newspapers, menus, fabric, yarn, or snicky-snacks, if you reside in a country that doesn't carry our junk food!

trillian - Amsterdam, Netherlands --> Im a Finnish Erasmus student living near Amsterdam, so I dont know all the ins and outs of the culture, but there are quite a few interesting sweets/foods that are unique to the Netherlands (e.g. Stroopwafels, hagelslag). I live very near Amsterdam so I can get all sorts of kitschy tourist stuff too and the best place to buy fabric (that I know of) is Albert Cuypmarkt, which is very close to my school. I know of a few yarn stores and a bead store, but I havent been to any of them yet.

Happychick - Durham, UK --> A lot of the first couple of HP movies was shot in Durham Cathedral, so I can do postcards of that... as well as all the usual english sweets and stuff!

mirchita - Mexico --> traditional handmade candies, as cocadas (coconut goodie), glorias (made with milk and nuts), palanquetas (peanuts and caramel bars) etc.
traditional chili or tamarindo candies: chili lollipops, chili powder (that is delicious on fruits as orange, melon, watermelon etc) mazapan (peanut one) ET. REVISTA PATRONES: I have some PATRONES magazines, it is a pattern magazine from Spain that I was suscriptor, it is in spanish, but it is so practical and have beautiful designs in it (from famous designers)... I think anyone can use it, anyway, I have some of them in my stock, if any interested (by the way, there are some plus sized themed ones)
Fabric, mexican folk or other I can look for it. crafted souvenirs from native people over all my country, my auncle owns a mercado store with all that items (rebozos, sombreros, bags, jars, necklaces, wood toys, and much more) Paper stuff, I dont know what exactly do you want, but I can easily get La Loteria paper and things like that
I dont know what else you can be interested, but I will try to get it if I can

danni.yelly - England --> I live close by to Rockingham Speedway so when its open i can get souvenirs from there. Where i live there is the drink Irn Bru which is actually scottish but we have loads of it where i live (Corby!) The band Raging Speedhorn come from Corby. As we have a lot of Polish people here we have a speciality shop of their food. There isn't really that much here im afraid. I am located in the boring bit of England! But can get anything English of course!

aeronberry - Texas, US --> I can get just about any kind of craft supplies really easily, including every color of Cascade 220 yarn (LYS just down the street), if anyone's interested in that.  Texas has lots of western/cowboy stuff, and also a lot of Mexican stuff (usually including Day of the Dead). 

piaochong - Bendigo, Australia --> Australia has alot of strange native animals, so small plushies and trinkets are available. bendigo is known for the gold rush, so it has a lot of 'Australiana' history etc. (one of the oldest cities in Australia) we have a wool and sheep show here annually, so there is a woolen mill here that supplies beautiful wool. Australia has most British chocolates, and some special Australian only versions of chocolates e.g Cadbury Australian native animals! Bendigo has trams, a strong chinese history,  a massive cathedral, and will soon have the biggest Buddhist stupa in the southern hemisphere. i can offer something distinctly Australian if i have access to it.

javede - Hamburg, Germany --> Hamburg is also called the "gateway to the world", no wonder it has a big harbour and a lot of people left europe this way to get to your side of the pond! Apart from german goodies(yarn, magazines(e.g. Rebecca magazine in english), sweets etc.) I love to send some hanseatic stuff in my packages. May it be the usual touristy things or if you like skulls I may get you interested in one of the local football(also called soccer by others  ) clubs. Hamburg is not only famous for its harbour, but also for its red light district! Which does contain what you think a red light district would contain, but also clubs and bars everyone goes to.

lilyla19 - Thailand --> Well, I study in Nakorn Prathom, so I am living in my dorm here, near a local market. There is this special market every Wednesday so I can try to take a peek at cute stuffs. But I do go into Bangkok every weekends.  There are way too much stuff here to describe. I can try to get hold of most likely everything, nothing too heavy though. There is a big craft store here, but I won't be able to go and buy stuffs until my finals are done which is the end of march. But I can offer you something from my not-so-big stash. I'm now on the search for kawaii stuffs to be sent from today onwards.

!b - Calgary, AB, Canada --> I am from Calgary aka Cow-town, we have the Stampede to I can do stampede and western souvenirs. Also anything distinctly Canadian like things with beavers on them, maple syrup, and maple syrup related candy. I can also send Pocky if you can't find it in your town and a variety of other Asian candy or even German candy. (I live close to both and Asian supermarket and a German deli.) I can also send kool-aid which I know is rather coveted!

sewing-girl - Norway --> Im from Norway, near the second largest city; Bergen. can provide Norwegian stuff, candy, Dumle, Milk-chocolate, Kinder Bueno, etc.

Ryoruki - Indiana, USA --> Most of my time is spent in West Lafayette, IN a typical midwest college town. However I do take trips to Chicago, Indianapolis, and will be in Atlanta, GA visiting family so anything from these areas are up for grabs!
Purdue/Colts/Bears/Cubs/Braves goodies (hoodies, tshirts, postcards etc (I hope those are all the major sports teams @,@)), Girl scout cookies, Tazo tea (loose tea, not in bags), K-Dee's Coffee beans, Coca-cola stuff (atlanta), chicago/Indy/atlanta souvenirs, I can get lots of specialty foods (gluten free/sugar free/peanut free etc etc), the LYS is decent and they have most things that a person would want, we also have a decent fabric store, We have a good game shop nearby that has all sorts of board games/card games, Ikea goods (although they ship everywhere..), the usual snacks/candy, sharpies, kool-aid, crafting supplies of anykind

kamenrider - Kagawa, Japan --> My prefecture is the home place of udon, a thick noodle, there are alot of souvenir kits of make your own. Also My town makes 90% of Japanese uchiwa fans, they are the flat kind that don't fold up. And I have a bunch of various shops with all kinds of normal goods.

colourandy - Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada --> Nova Scotia is an interesting area in itself. Ever hear of Theodore the Tugboat ? That harbor isn't too far away from me. Anything as Canadian as it can get, or maritime as it can get I can offer. There's a lot of downtown small stores, on the waterfront, etc that I could get some really neat goods at. I'm not really good at explaining stuff. I apologize.

thatrenee - Toronto, Ontario, Canada --> I'm from Toronto and there are lots of cool souvenirs I can get my hands on from the tacky onwards (we have the CN Tower, Toronto Maple Leafs (although they lose a lot)), we have maple syrup and candies, some fabulous coffee beans, cool yarn stores and I'm sure more that I can't think of right now.  We have a few fabulous local yarn stores - Romni Wool, Lettuce Knit and a few others.  We also have a fabulous area called Kensington Market which is a thrifters PARADISE!

quid_pro_quo - Miami, Florida, USA --> I'm in Miami, so any kind of kitchy souvenirs we have in spades. There is also an abudance of Hispanic, Cuban, South American products in our market. Plus I have access to regular American products (many of them down here are offered in bilingual Spanish/English packaging as well). I can also get beachy type stuff (see above, kitchy souvenirs). And being that I'm in the deep south some red-necky type things are available as well. If you're looking for Key West souvenirs, I've seen a few around town, but those are a bit limited. Oh, and South Beach, beautiful art deco architecture (great postcard pics), and an (over)active nightlife.

amymisha - Maine, USA --> I live in Maine, and have ample access to anything blueberry! Blueberry jam, blueberry syrup, and so on. I can also get Moxie (the most disgusting soda in the world!), whoopie pies, and other Maine goodies. I live right down the street from a great little shop that sells international foods too... stroopwaffles, yummy english snacks, etc. I travel to Boston and New York fairly often, so can get souvenirs from those cities. If you like moose themed, blueberry themed, or pine tree themed things... I'm you're girl! I will be moving back to Boston eventually, but probably not until this May. I'd also be very happy to send you some snow. I'm sick of it. : )

littlehummingbird - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA --> I can't send beer through the mail,but that's what MKE is known for!  Smiley We're a funky little city, I'm sure I'll find something neat and if anyone has a request, I'll be happy to find what you want.

Lunastara - Lisse, Netherlands --> candies like: stroopwafels, hagelslag, Kinder egg, Kinder Beuno, drop. I live in Lisse. This is where the Keukenhof is. From their own site: "Keukenhof offers you the opportunity to see millions of bulbs in flower, fantastic flower shows and the largest sculpture park in the Netherlands and is the most photographed place in the world." So I am surrounded by bulbs of all kinds. I'm not sure if it is legal for all countries (especially outside Europe to import them). Other dutch things are windmills, clogs, Miffy(!), edammer cheese. I also can get you craft or fashion magazines, craft supplies, fabric, yarn, beads, dutch sheepwool spun or unspun, stamps, postcards

Jessica.Marie - Ohio, US --> Well of course I can send the "typical" american goodies including: kool aid, pop tarts, freezer paper, amazing candy. I am located less than 20 minutes from cleveland, which is the rock and roll capital of the world.... um we also have the cleveland indians and cleveland browns if your into sports? I am also located close to three different craft stores, so crafting supplies are easily accessible to me. um I think thats it, if there is something specific you need from the u.s. I guarantee to look my hardest for it!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2008 09:13:17 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

UrsulaDiamond
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008 03:41:32 PM »

I do wanna join the swap I think but I'm not really sure what I can offer.. I just moved from toronto to Jacksonville FL so i have no clue what's down here that isn't other places... other than the lipton sweet tea mix haha..
if anyone has any suggestions or can think of things they'd want maybe i can join
THIS ROCKS   Logged

psyche

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008 03:46:23 PM »

I do wanna join the swap I think but I'm not really sure what I can offer.. I just moved from toronto to Jacksonville FL so i have no clue what's down here that isn't other places... other than the lipton sweet tea mix haha..
if anyone has any suggestions or can think of things they'd want maybe i can join

Well you could just make sure you claim someone from out of North America! (I know the big draws are for shrinky dinks, kool aid, sharpies, US magazines... plus there's lots of candy and chocolate that are US-only!) .. Besides, the region part is mostly for "insurance" in case we get stuck with too many from one country!

Oh, and by the way: I will post my list once we have 3 swappers other than me!  (then the last swapper when the swap ends will receive a package from me!) 
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008 03:51:57 PM by psyche » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dawn Octopus
I wish I had 8 tentacles.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008 04:43:06 PM »

Awesome! PM sent!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Proud pre-adoptive Mother Smiley
mixymo

Craftsters + HP Fandom = Best people in the world!

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008 06:22:40 PM »

woo! sent in pm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists

The Sketchbook Project 2012: Across the World
frosty772

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008 08:40:58 PM »

I sent my PM in too.  This really sounds like fun!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<b>Like what you see here??  It might be in my shop!!<b>
http://www.frosty772.etsy.com

<b>I wist!! Lets do a personal swap!!!<b>
http://www.wists.com/Frosty772

Moderndayvictorians.blogspot.com
lilyla19
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008 01:42:24 AM »

I need to check the postage price out of my country (Thailand)....

Lurking to join this swap!
Thx psyche for pming me.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lovely_gangster

the Novemberist

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008 01:54:38 AM »

ooh! thailand.  i was there this past january and it ROCKED!!! so much cool stuff there.

i might join this if i have the time (starting uni in 3 days though).

might i recommend that even if it doesn't hit 25 participants, that there is a co-organiser.  i know it sounds kinda bossy of me to say, when i'm not volunteering to do it, but in the last 2 consecutive rounds of this swap, the organiser bailed.  i'm not saying that the nature of this swap means organisers are destined to jump ship, but more in an ongoing swap with all international postage, it would be harder to tie off loose ends left if something did happen and this suggestion is in no way aimed directly at anyone or intended to be critical or offensive.

that being said, psyche seems to be off to a flying start!! Wink great idea on the little mini bios and the candy link!!  mmmmmmmm all that candy (or lollies as we say here in oz)!!  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog (cooking, crafting and personal style)
---> http://the--novemberist.blogspot.com.au/ <---

Follow me on instagram: http://instagram.com/frauspatzi
My pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/thenovemberist/
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do Indian Embroidery
Vera Nakonechny on Ukrainian Embroidery
Learn About Ukrainian Embroidery
Meet Quilter Gail Mitchell
Meet Chinese Silk Knotting Artist Jean Liu
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...