A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 299,130
Currently Running With Scissors:
532 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No bake Cheese Cake  (Read 1226 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LeesaLove
« on: February 22, 2008 08:41:13 AM »

I make this pretty often, I love it becaue you can change it up so many diff ways ...
Here is the basic recipe:
2 pkg.  (8 oz. each) Cream Cheese, softened ( I usually use low fat, not fat free)
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups  thawed COOL WHIP ( I usually use light)
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla     
BEAT cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping.
This will fill a 9 inch pie crust  or double will fill a 9 by 13 pan.

Now for the fun part....  SO many ways to change up & add toppings.

Add almost any flavor extract in place of vanilla.
add citrus zest  or chopped fruit in the batter  or arrange slices of fruit on top.
Chop a couple of your favorite candy bars & and sprinkle over top  OR nuke them & stir till smooth then drizzle over top.
use any of the  diff flavored cool whips in place of reg cool whip. ( inow they make vanilla & chocolte not sure what else)

What's you fav flavor for cheese cake??

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pink-Josy
.JosY.Licious.

.I.Love.my.boys.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2008 09:59:50 AM »

I would have to say that my favorite cheese cake is strawberry flavored, anything with strawberries is delicious to me..  Grin
that sounds delicious, I'm gonna have to try it, thank you for posting the recipe.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008 06:55:49 PM »

I'd have to say strawberry. Nothing beats strawberry cheesecake. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
strawberrieshk
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2008 06:06:47 AM »

I think I'm gonna show my grandma this recipe, 'cause she always buys those nasty Philadelphia Cream Cheese: Chocolate Cheesecake in a tub .....yuck... I better get her this recipe today before she makes another cheesecake....

just so I don't just "steal" your recipe & give it to my grandma: is it okay if i share this recipe w/ her??

and oh ya, my fave is plain Philly-Style cheesecake w/ milk chocolate drizzled on FRESH, whole strawberries....yummmm
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008 06:08:01 AM by strawberrieshk » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi
LeesaLove
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2008 07:55:36 AM »

Please feel free to share away!! 
I have been making it for years, one of my friends Moms gave me the recipe back in Jr. High (many, many moons ago.)

Last night I made one in a shortbread crust (I actually found TWO unbroken ones at the store!!!) with a can of very well dranined crushed pineapple in the batter.  It was very tasty!! My friends daughter ate half it after refusing the offer of a Happy Meal!! (Just for the record the Cheese cake was not her dinner)

I want to try one  with crushed pineapple & chopped cherries... I tihnk that would be tasty!!

I also forgot to say in the first post I oftn will use Splenda with 2 tablespoon of reg. sugar. (for some reason the the little reg sugar seems to make a difference.) 

It's cool to make Min's too in the foil cucpcake wrappers with a nila waffer or those chocolate wafers for a crust. 

I was looking back at my notes (we were trying to get my neices & nephew to eat more fruit so we made thee with a ton of fruit & only 1/2 the batter) here are the fruit combos the kiddos likes:

>> Drained manderine oranges (save the juice for homemade jello) in batter.
>> Drained manderine oranges in bater slices of kiwi on top.
>> Sliced Kiwi & strawberry halves, on tip. Diced Kiwi & strawberry in batter.
>> Chocolate cool whip- with sliced straberrries on the bottom in a layer & straberry halves n top.

Dranined manderine oanges

« Last Edit: February 24, 2008 02:33:06 PM by LeesaLove » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2008 01:32:16 PM »

I tried something differnt, a friend of mine had crab cheese cake... not sweet savory.
I wanted to give it a try. My try ay Shrimp Cocktail Cheesecake. (Mostly No bake)

I tried this recipe for the cheesecake: http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/its-a-snap-cheesecake-61697.aspx 

I only used 1 tablesppon of sugar & a few pinches of sea salt. omited the vanilla.  I added 3 tablespoons cocktail sauce, a couple shakes Franks Red Hot & the juice form about 1/3 a lemon. added a couple handsfull of cooked shrimp chopped smallish..

Also I used this for the crust:  http://www.justjenndesigns.com/crafts/food/pretzeljello.htm   did the pretzle crust minus the sugar. That part did need to be baked, but only for 10 mins. So it didn't heat the kitchen up too much.

I didn't care for the pink-ish color  but it did taste good.  In the future I think I would make the batter with the salt, pepper, lemon juice & shrimp, then make a spicy-ish topping with more shrimp. cockatail sauce, celery salt, Franks Red Hot. blend everything except the shrimp then hand mix in chopped shrimp to  make a sauce pour over the top of each slice.

I'd also like to try the crust with half reg pretzles & half Syders of Handover Buffalo Wing Pretzles (I Love those things!)
I hope all this makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sunray

Everyone's favorite generic superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008 09:11:27 PM »

I love no-bake cheesecake...next one I'm making, I'm going to use strawberry cream cheese!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SorrenIvy

I can do that too!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2008 12:30:52 AM »

nice! I make one similar, using flavored jello as well though to help "set" the cake when I put it in the fridge. My fav has to be lemon, topped with blueberries & a lemon glaze ..mmmm now I feel like makin one!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LeesaLove
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2008 08:07:36 AM »

!! I never even thought to use thwe flavored cream cheese....  I've always just mixed stuff into the cream cheese.

Lemon & Blueberry sounds really good!! 

I am making one to take to a picnic tomorrow, decorating with blueberrys & raspberries to look like a flag. =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Your First Movie: Using Proper Gear
How to Make Your First Movie: Audio
How to Make Your First Movie: Lighting
How to Cast Your First Movie
How to Budget Your First Movie
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...