A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 305,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Help! I need cherry print fabric...  (Read 3476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

PegasusMarsters
« on: February 21, 2008 05:07:18 PM »

My aunt is getting married this year and I want to make my own dress for the wedding. I have a pair of sandals I'm in love with and I want to make a dress to match them. Please can someone find me some fabric that would match (lower price the better... I'm rather poor.)

These are the shoes
http://www.schuhstore.co.uk/images/product/1702521370_exlg.jpg

I want to make my own dress because I'm finding it impossible to find a dress I like that covers my tattoos. My family don't know about them and I really need to keep them hidden at this wedding to save getting a royal ball breaking.

Thanks to anyone who can help!
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010 05:21:58 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please do not hotlink images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 stuffies, cute things and anything totally rad.

Add me on messenger if you wanna talk ^.^
Miss American Pie
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008 05:33:11 PM »

Cute shoes. I think cherry print fabric may be too much though. They'd be adorable with a little red dress or even white. Maybe it could have some sort of cherry trim or appliqu. But in my opinion, a cherry fabric dress AND cherry print shoes would just be too busy. Good luck.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ahoy Sailor!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008 05:35:47 PM »

i would look on ebay. i bought some fabric at jo-ann's to make a purse and i realized after i bought it, that i wanted to make a matching wallet. i found the exact same fabric! when i didnt narrow my search, it came up with about 10k results from fabric. im sure if you do a specific search for cherries, there will be numerous search results. hope i could help Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlternaWidget

More insects to worry about

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008 05:42:33 PM »

Hi! Gosh, those are pretty shoes! The fabric actually has "sketchers" printed on it, doesn't it? That makes a perfect match nearly impossible unless sketchers licenses their logo for fabric, and I couldn't find any on a quick search.
I checked around my favorite fabric places and found lots of cherry prints, though.
Try this one and search both "cherry" and "cherries":
http://www.bearpawquilting.com
You might also want to consider using a matching solid color fabric, just in case all else fails.
Good luck!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zenthistle
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008 05:55:10 PM »

would those be adorabe with a cute Green dress with a Cherry sewn on?

http://www.quiltquarter.com/cherries_jubilee.htm
I found some cherries on the quilter web page..

my friend from high school is modeling a few cherry print dresses here...
A few of the dress show off tattoos

http://www.pinupgirlclothing.com/cherrybomb.html

I notice if you do a search on line for Cherry Fabric and search the images rather then the website it's easier..  I saw one fabric that was some what close called Cherry Treats

http://www.jandofabrics.com/products.asp?id=37&pg=2
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsycarranza

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008 05:56:37 PM »

I think the best match would be a cute summery red dress. I agree with the first comment if the dress was another cherry print it would be really busy. I cute green dress would look great too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Okay so once again I am completely redoing my pictures. Got tired of photobucket, the only reason I used it was for here so I decided I will just use Craftster's photo uploader. So while I am switching over my photo links will be broken. Message me if there is a post you would like the pics for.
PegasusMarsters
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008 06:01:27 PM »

I don't like the idea of wearing a mostly red or mostly white dress because white is just a faux pas for a wedding (meaning that my family would kick my ass) and red just seems... I don't know... sluttily innappropriate though I love red normally.

What i do want to do is the cherry fabric with red trim and some kind of poofy tulle petticoat to make the skirt stand out a bit more and twirl when I dance... I did find some fabric I rather liked after I posted this and I'm working on a design. If I can make a design I like I'll make my own dress. This is the fabric I found: http://www.jandofabrics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=fod000244

And the shoes only have the letter S printed on them... the whole word Sketchers only appears where my foot will be hiding it Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 stuffies, cute things and anything totally rad.

Add me on messenger if you wanna talk ^.^
OnePinkHippo
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008 06:35:43 PM »

Unfortunately I can't help, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE those shoes. Good luck with everything!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pinkpoodle230
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008 07:01:48 PM »

i would just go with a plain cherry red dress and maybe put a cherry aplique somewhere on it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cherry blossom

nice head...i think i'll take it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008 07:05:20 PM »

what about red and white or green and white gingham?  that would be really cute and slightly retro to go with those shoes Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Gulf Coast Seafood Stew Recipe
How To Make Crock Pot Chicken And Lentils
Dinner Tonight: Whole Wheat Buttermilk Pancakes
How to Make Buttermilk Pancakes
Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Calzone, Deciding What to Eat Wile Drunk Made Easy
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...