A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,329
Currently Running With Scissors:
529 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative halloween costumes  (Read 203775 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Christinemichelle
« Reply #340 on: October 28, 2005 07:00:21 AM »

Holy crap, that's awesome! What did you use for the IV tube thing?

Im doing this idea this year and I found some clear tubing at WalMart that's supposed to go in a fishtank.. It was with all the pet stuff and it was 1.59 for something like more than enough. The only problem so far is that it's coiled, so Im having to find a way to keep it uncoiled and straight so that it stays like that on 'the big day' . : )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LolaBella
« Reply #341 on: October 28, 2005 01:24:50 PM »

Holy crap, that's awesome! What did you use for the IV tube thing?

Im doing this idea this year and I found some clear tubing at WalMart that's supposed to go in a fishtank.. It was with all the pet stuff and it was 1.59 for something like more than enough. The only problem so far is that it's coiled, so Im having to find a way to keep it uncoiled and straight so that it stays like that on 'the big day' . : )

Just run it under hot water.  This uncurls my circular knitting needles and should work for the pastic tubing too.  It's worth a try either way, just don't burn yourself with too-hot-water.

I have an idea and I am thinking I am crazy so I am testing it out here:

I am thinking of going as Elphaba from "Wicked" but I hate the Halloween face makeup and don't like wigs (and the hair stuff never comes out of my hair). So I am going to dress like her, pin my hair under my witch hat, and then walk around with a flashlight with green cellophane on the top and when people see me or ask who I am, put the light under my chin and say Elphaba and hopefully the green light will make my skin look that cool green. Does it sound crazy?

That might look ok, I know Elphaba (at least in the book, haven't seen the musical) wears her hair up a lot, so that would work, but for your face I think the best effect for would be to use face paint.  I'm sure theres some that's hypoallergenic so it won't irritate you as much, you just need to go to a *real* costume shop or makeup counter, or maybe try making your own!

I thought about being Elphaba for Halloween this year too, but I didn't want people to think I was her from Wizard of Oz.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2005 01:28:03 PM by LolaBella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Blog: Bella Miss Ella
Regular Blog:
Bella Boston
jebstertoaster
« Reply #342 on: October 29, 2005 12:05:51 AM »

I just got back from my first of possibly 3 costume parties. I went as the Plaid Hatter. Plaid skirt, pants, cape, hat, and shirt! With sunglasses. People were amused.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mel-my-issa

f*** it dude, let's go bowling.

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 29, 2005 11:55:48 AM »

This year I think my husband, his brother & I are going to dress as characters from The Big Lebowski.  Husband is dressing as the dude, his brother (who could be John Goodman's double) is dressing as Walter & I'm dressing in a viking outfit like the viking woman in the dream sequence.  Grin

I was Maude in the dream sequence about 5 years ago!!! I would love to see pics of your costume!!

ps - My husband was "The Jesus" - Jesus Quintana this year!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StookeyDough
« Reply #344 on: October 29, 2005 12:22:54 PM »

I love this thread.
Bag costumes are the devil.
I'm doing tinkerbelle this year- I sewed it all with no pattern, and my sister is going as a huntress that I'm making.  Circle skirts can do wonders...

One of my friends, however, is going as a pedestrian.  She's wearing  normal clothes-- and then her shirt will have a tire track on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ax174
« Reply #345 on: October 31, 2005 07:32:03 AM »

This is an easy, last minute costume idea.  You're a big pile of laundry, certainly my idea of scary!  Get a cheap laundry basket and cut out the bottom.  Insert youself into the basket, and tie it up over your shoulders with string or ribbon or some such.  Cover the string with loose socks, and stuff the basket with clothing.

I guess you could also do this with a cheap bag, painted with the words "Laundry" at the front.

The next year, you can do other stuff to the basket to re-use it, like, cover it with cloth to make a big can of soda, or a barrel, or some such. 
« Last Edit: October 31, 2005 07:35:59 AM by ax174 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LivinEasy

Eat Cheese. Be Happy.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #346 on: October 31, 2005 07:59:32 AM »

Anyone need a quick last minute costume idea?

We had a party this weekend and one guest came in blazer and glasses. She made a cape that had balloons, confetti and the word PARTY spelled out with fun letters. Her costume was 'Business in the Front, Party in the Back." Brilliant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

smarmyclothes
lex fiend

i can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #347 on: October 31, 2005 06:27:58 PM »

i've been dying to be mayor mccheese for halloween for several years, and this year i finally decided to go for it. 

in-progress photos here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=60755.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mel-my-issa

f*** it dude, let's go bowling.

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 01, 2005 11:10:15 AM »

My friend Seth was the Hamburgler this year! He had a happy meal box with whiskey inside!! Smiley
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 07:17:39 AM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dooney
Remnants are a girl's best friend.

Wiggle eyes make my world go 'round.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #349 on: November 03, 2005 12:45:07 PM »

last year i went as a knife-thrower's assistant.. all it took was some foam-posterboard, colored paper, and battery-powered christmas lights. then i taped some cord down and wore the whole contraption like a backpack!

:::img removed to keep post small:::

the weapons were made with corrugated cardboard, foam, balsa wood, felt, and spray paint.
it's pretty groovy, when all the lights work. i don't think they liked having their picture taken   Tongue

:::img removed to keep post small:::

i thought this was a great idea, so i modified it.

if you can't tell, amazing is crossed out and "average" is written in Sharpie underneath. That's the amazing paul in the bottom left corner. he had a cape and three knives, and that was his costume.
sorry for the bad photo quality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tres Leche Cake for Cinco De Mayo
Easy Peasy Rhubarb and Custard Ice Cream Recipe
How to Make Ruby Red Grapefruit Curd
How to Make Patron Tequila Chocolate Cake
How to Make Chocolate Cheesecake
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...