A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
577 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative halloween costumes  (Read 190140 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bopalena
« Reply #250 on: August 25, 2005 01:46:24 PM »

Another easy costume... Rosie the Riviter!

All you need are blue coveralls (you could probably find these at an army surplus), a polka-dot scarf around your head, some work gloves, and a pair of vintage-y shoes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
petuniahead
Renegade Chola

Viva La Gee Whiz!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #251 on: August 25, 2005 02:14:12 PM »

wow, everyone's ideas are amaizing! i loved them all! especially the monroe warhol painting! you girlies all kick ass....
As for me, my contribution to this thread would be my idea for last years costume.... i was a New Jersey Mob wife... (picture that all "wife" scene in goodfellas) Gwady blue eyeshadow, a polyester white colar shirt, with red and black paisly designs all over it, brown tacky polyester pants, about 30 gold chains,  my clevage showing, i ratted the hell outta my hair, pink lipstick, i scored on some of the tackiest gold framed glasses for 50 cents at a thrift store, and of coure, my leapord print purse, red fake press-on nails, and complete with a pack of cigs... TACKY, GWADY, and MISSMATCHEd, and being a california girl, i even got the "jersey" accent down... ha ha ha! it was a blast! this year, my dude AND I are planning on being Mrs.mia wallas, and vincent vega, in that oh so classic MOvie in PULP FICTION....of couse, i'll have to add my O.D. touches to my costume, and have a seringe hanging outta my chest, and a red nose... it'll be a hoot!!!!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I paint self-portraits because I am so often alone, because I am the person I know best."
-Frida Kahlo

www.geewhizdesign.etsy.com
ocean hair
« Reply #252 on: August 25, 2005 02:19:20 PM »

This year I'm planning on making Violet Bodelaire's dress from the movie, but being a doll instead, as I don't think many people would get who I was, but I really want her dress.

well, u could prolly always make it 4 everyday wear... i'd do that
THIS ROCKS   Logged

He's just a little brought down because when you knocked, he thought you were the candyman.
rmtndew
« Reply #253 on: August 25, 2005 05:19:37 PM »

This year I'm planning on making Violet Bodelaire's dress from the movie, but being a doll instead, as I don't think many people would get who I was, but I really want her dress.

well, u could prolly always make it 4 everyday wear... i'd do that

That's what I was going to do before I decided to wear it for Halloween.
P.S. I just realized I totally spelled her last name wrong, I apologize; Baudelaire*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I sniffed Mike Myers and said: Are you eating a peppermint?"
"I like Krystals, do ya'll like Krystals?" - Bo Bice
padray
« Reply #254 on: August 25, 2005 06:50:38 PM »

Anyone ever try something like this?!?

I have to say it's the best take on Genie I've ever seen!  The 'bottle' is a foam skirt.   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftSTAR05

I poke dolphins.

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: August 25, 2005 07:03:20 PM »

Last year I was a devilled egg.

Basically I took copper tubing and made half an egg shape, then bent the tips inward. The tubing fit over me and rested on my head... I put white felt over it, shaped like an egg. Stuck a yellow felt dot in the middle, and put devil horns on it. It also had head and arm holes.

It was huge. I wore it to school... cuz we were allowed to dress up and spent the whole day getting stick in doorways and accidentally smacking people.

People loved it though. Smiley
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005 07:25:18 PM by craftSTAR05 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Love,
Amanda

P.S. Need Speedball paint? I have a ton I want to get rid of! P.M. me!
katmiller79
Peanut Butter Queen

*Mommy is the Peanut Butter Queen*

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 27, 2005 05:36:32 PM »

]

I have to say it's the best take on Genie I've ever seen!  The 'bottle' is a foam skirt.   Wink

wow I have to say Im already taking that apart in my mind LOL .. My youngest would SO love that costume.. Off to brainstorm!
kat
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005 11:21:48 AM by girlypirate » THIS ROCKS   Logged

SAHM to 4 Kidlets !
padray
« Reply #257 on: August 27, 2005 09:41:05 PM »

If you figure it out and ever make it, of course, I'd LOVE to see it, Kat! The only thing I'd worry about is a little kid tripping in it a lot. It doesn't look like it has a lot of room at the bottom for stepping...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rmtndew
« Reply #258 on: August 28, 2005 02:55:04 PM »

wow I have to say Im already taking that apart in my mind LOL .. My youngest would SO love that costume.. Off to brainstorm!
kat

I'm thinking the skirt part could be made with some fabric that you could paint the designs on, then put a hula hoop in it to get it to stick out like that, and then put elastic in the bottom to bring it back in again. As for the top, it sort of looks like the top half of a bathing suit, and the little shrug thing could be made from a hot pink T-shirt with gold trim around it. I don't know how you would do the little hat, but the scarf thing could probably be bought from a fabric store or you could get a cheap actual scarf from Goodwill or somewhere. But I really don't know.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I sniffed Mike Myers and said: Are you eating a peppermint?"
"I like Krystals, do ya'll like Krystals?" - Bo Bice
Umberella
« Reply #259 on: August 28, 2005 04:54:18 PM »

I saw one in a book that was a straight brown floor-length dress. Then they had a big hat covered in leaves. It was a tree costume! the type of tree depended on the leaves...I saw one that was a coconut tree and there was a stuffed monkey toy on the top with a coconut. It was very cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tinsley Mortimer on Her Book Southern Charm
Bethenny Frankel on Her Novel Skinnydipping
Poet Adam Kammerling Performs "Woof Quack Meow, Neigh Moo Oink"
Chris Parkinson Performs His Poem "Men of Straw"
How to Write a Research Paper
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...