A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 299,152
Currently Running With Scissors:
618 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: creative halloween costumes  (Read 195591 times)
Tags for this thread: halloween_costume , costume , costume_idea  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

a lie mute in rum
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2004 06:58:01 AM »

last year for halloween i was just plain drunk... this year i am going to be bjork! i'm in the process of making that swan dress she wore to the oscars. oh man it is gonna be totally rad! i'm in love with bjork. we even look similar enough, so all i have to do is be really insane.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://jessicam.wordpress.com ... there's some craft hidden among the complaints.
danger.kitty
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2004 04:21:14 PM »

A couple of years ago when the South Park movie came out, my boyfriend and I went as Terrance and Phillip.  The costume part was really easy...we wore brown pants and the correct colored shirts with either the T or P appliqued on the front.  For their cartoonish egghead faces, we made masks that we held up with a handle...we had the open mouths, huge eyes and weird hair all in place.  All night we ran around making farting noises and saying hehehehe.  For the most part, only a few guys recognized us, but those who did absolutely loved the idea...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Crafty Aunt:  taking on 2011 one DIY gift at a time
http://craftyaunty.blogspot.com/
shanola2789

Trampobics, it's the new craze :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2004 04:24:39 PM »

Ahh this is hilarious.  I can't wait to go through this post for ideas for me and my pals.

When my mom was in college her and her roomies got huge sheets and created scrabble pieces.  I guess they each got two and sewed them along 3 edges leaving the bottom open.  Then cut head and arm holes.  Get black fabric and either sew or glue a letter and the number of points you get for it.  Just like a scrabble piece.  To make it even better spelling a word makes it an awesome, easy, and affordable idea!

If you need more help *since I'm not quite sure the procedure that they used* ask me and I'll ask my mum.

<3 Shannon
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be uber creative, the world will love you.
Spork
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2004 11:50:24 AM »

Danger Kitty- that's awesome. I love unique costume ideas. I can't quite decide what I want to do. Slutty bondage nurse and PEZ dispenser seem to keep rotating for me. Toying with the idea of making enormous cardboard wings and painting them so they're identical with my chestpiece, then making a green skull mask and wearing some skimpy black thing. Halloween is the only day of the year that I shock people and don't wear jeans. Roll Eyes

*shrugs* We'll see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ifoughtpirahna
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2004 12:31:35 PM »

For anyone out there who needs ideas for their makeup there are a TON of great facepainting websites.  Check out www.Snazaroo.com  they have thousands of face ideas.. maybe you  could plan your costume around one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by madness,
starving hysterical naked, dragging themselves through the
negro streets at dawn looking for an angry fix, angelheaded
hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the
starry dynamo in the machinery of night
Glueguy
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2004 04:45:40 PM »

A few years ago I went as the Intergalactic Pope.  I found a pattern for a pope outfit at my local fabric store.  I used a lot of silver lame and shiny black fabric.  The hat took several prototypes, but worked out in the end.  I found a plastic silver sceptor, which I improved on with a mini disco ball. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nutritiongal
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2004 03:29:14 PM »

one year for halloween i was a blue lego block.

here's how (although i doubt anyone cares to know, haha):

using a small, sturdy box, i cut away a curved portion (think half circle shape) so that the box could fit on top of my head. this also allowed my face to show. i painted the box blue, then let it dry. next i cut six equal pieces from an empty paper towel's cardboard roll, and painted them blue as well. once dry, i glued them to the top of the box.

i also painted my face blue and wore all blue clothing (jeans and a blue turtleneck). lame, but i was a poor college student and i wanted to be something that i hadn't been before. hee.

I hope you don't mind, I am totally going to do that this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Back after a fews years of inactivity and looking forward to getting back into crafting!

Visit my blog: http://roaringtwentieskerri.blogspot.com/
Dai-chan
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2004 09:34:03 AM »

I saw all the talk about Sally and Jack and it made me happy. My boyfriend and I were Sally and Jack last year.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
RockReceptionist

i do something creative every day

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2004 09:04:00 AM »

i just found a red and white checkered tablecloth at a thrift store and it has inspired me to change my costume idea. i was going to be a silent film actress but now i'm going to be a picnic! i will simply cut a hole in the center of the tablecloth and wear it like a poncho and cover it with plastic foods and ants. i need to find a picnic basket small enough to be my purse for the evening. i also thought tieing plastic ants on string and making a headdress that i can take off if needed. this idea seems much easier than my initial one. plus, i'm almost always something pretty for halloween: fairy, disco dancer, etc. there will be nothing glamourous about this costume, except for me, naturally.

should i wear green clothes, underneath my tablecloth?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beaderreader
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2004 10:31:53 PM »

Reno 911 is a great idea!  I would love to be Clemmy.

My favorite Halloween costume ever was a maxi pad.  I bought a pink sheet, cut a hole out for my head, and taped paper towel to the front and put a little red paint on it (nice touch, I know).  I went around all night with this horrible expression on my face since I was on the rag!

Other faves: Max Fischer from Rushmore: made a blazer, got the beret, drew in a unibrow, and a friend even got me the "Diving for Sunken Treasure" book.

I went as jailed Martha Stewart a couple of years ago, and last year I was a crazy cat lady.

I think an awesome costume idea would be to be a fat Mary-Kate Olsen, and stuff a bunch of pillows in your clothes.  Unfortunately, I look nothing like her, I have dark hair and glasses, but if anyone wants the idea, go ahead!

I was thinking it might be fun to try to go as a board game or something, or maybe Gollum, if that's not all played out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Be like the squirrel, girl!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Limited Edition: Vanity Affair Unboxing
Birchbox November 2014: Sneak Peek Part 2
Easy Nail Art Tips and Tricks
Get a Day of the Dead–Inspired Sugar Skull Makeup Look
Brighten Your Complexion by Hiding Dark Circles and Shaping Your Brows
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...