A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 299,131
Currently Running With Scissors:
647 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Temporary Bunny Hutch  (Read 4078 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_cage , rabbit  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sulkycat
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008 09:30:35 AM »

i used to have a house bunny, he was absolutely lovely - & had a house guinea pig too - my current piggy is totally different, she simply doesnt want to run about, & prefers to run on me if i am lying on the settee, then curl upside down & go to sleep!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

KrisEOB
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008 09:41:36 AM »

i used to have a house bunny, he was absolutely lovely - & had a house guinea pig too - my current piggy is totally different, she simply doesnt want to run about, & prefers to run on me if i am lying on the settee, then curl upside down & go to sleep!!

How sweet!  I loved my piggy, Muffin.  She was also a rescue, from the park I mentioned before.  I found her before I had my dogs, and I'd never had one before--they are just the coolest pets!  Can guinea pigs be litter trained?  I know rabbits can, but I don't know about pigs.  I know mine used to just doot all over the place!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KrisEOB
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008 09:43:12 AM »

I have a friend who moved states (alabama to florida) and thier parents abandoned thier four kittens (who were under 6 months old) in some wood or something. I was furious that thier parents had done it. If you're not going to keep a pet for life, don't bloody bother getting one, ya know?

I couldn't agree more.  And I'd also be outraged by your friend's parents!  I just don't understand how people can do that sort of thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Graciechan
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2008 11:28:39 AM »

I love that you had the kindness to take the bunny home!!
and it was really clever of you to improvise and make it a cute cage  Cheesy
*clicks this rocks*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3
staceys73
limited attention span

i'd rather make one

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2008 03:44:34 PM »

Kiss  I just think you're fabulous!  Thanks for saving the bunny.  You rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spikelvr44
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008 04:30:47 PM »

oh how cute, i want a rabbit but my brother is allergic, in two years i'll have one!, any way, i read in a book that bunnies can't live in cages with wire bottoms because they have to be able to eat their poo, they can't get all the nutients from the first digestion, i don't know if this is true, but i would recomend not having a cage where the poo can fall through to the bottom. so so cute though, just thought i'd share! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
XanimalsvoiceX
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008 07:22:25 PM »

That's a really good idea... small animal cages are pretty expensive.
And I think it's really great of you to take her in.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The animals of the world exist for their own reasons. They were not made for humans any more than black people were made for whites or women for men. Alice Walker
spydie
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008 08:25:06 PM »

YOUR BUNNY WEARS EMO-LINER!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KrisEOB
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008 09:45:27 PM »

YOUR BUNNY WEARS EMO-LINER!!!!!!

ROFLOL!  I hadn't noticed!  Name suggestions based on this? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KrisEOB
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008 09:50:24 PM »

i read in a book that bunnies can't live in cages with wire bottoms because they have to be able to eat their poo, they can't get all the nutients from the first digestion, i don't know if this is true, but i would recomend not having a cage where the poo can fall through to the bottom. so so cute though, just thought i'd share! Grin

Well, then I guess it's probably good that the mesh is too small to allow the poo to fall through!  Here I thought it was a design flaw, and it turns out it was unusually prescient!  And, wow, they eat their poo???  Doesn't seem like this one is chowing down, though, based on the amount I'm sweepin' outta there every day!  I guess it could be double poo, though.  LOL! 

Good to know!  Every hutch I've ever seen had the wire mesh bottom, so I just thought that'd be best.  Thanks for enlightening me!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How a Manufacturer Innovates ECommerce Operations
How Moo Cards Plots a Small Business Design Revolution
How to Improve Design School Education and Teaching
How Startups Benefit by Using Interaction Design
How Design Thinking Problem Solving Can Improve
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow
Tute Tuesday: Cross Stitched Sewing Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...