A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
681 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Math tiara  (Read 1026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lime_rising

Careful or i'll use my pretend ninja skills on you

View Profile
« on: February 27, 2008 03:04:21 PM »

So...I'm relatively new here, and was reading old Craft Challenges when I stumbled upon the tiara challenge. My first thought was "oh wow, i'm definitely entering that!" and my second thought "Aww... i missed it by 6 months"
Even though I had missed the challenge, I decided to make a tiara anyway, to express my love and admiration for sheer hatred for math.
I used an old wire hanger with the plastic coating stripped off to make the base, and then I used thinner wire to make the points. I cut up some old scrap paper and folded/glued it over the points. Then i cut up some of my old tests/quizzes/homeworks to make the "jewels" at the top of the points, sketched some math supplies (protractor, compass, ruler, TI-83), and embellished with beads!

This is the finished . The red writing says "Emily + Math = Apocalypse", one of the more interesting comments I've received about my lack of math skills. You can see the sketches of a compass, protractor, and Albert, my TI-83 Plus.

Here you can see the ruler. This pic is a little blurry, sorry for anyone that wanted to solve the "regular 7th grade level in Russia" math problem.  Wink

On this side, you can see Albert even better. You can also the the lovely 60 (yes, that's a 60, my teacher isn't known for her neat handwriting) that I received on a quiz.

Action shot- I SWEAR i don't look this stupid in real life.  Undecided

I wore this tiara all today while I did my math homework- I think I got less problems wrong than normal! Grin I also had some relief from cutting up my math papers, maybe a little more than I should have had...

Comments and constructive criticism are appreciated! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

The girl is crafty like ice is cold!

"Please don't disillusion me- I haven't had breakfast yet." - Ender Wiggin, Children of the Mind
byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2008 03:20:17 PM »

haha.  Your math marks are wayyy better then mine! Wink  I love it!  It's cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
Pinky Yarn
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008 03:21:53 PM »

ha, I love it. I share your hatred for math. Maybe I should make myself a tiara...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yay finally done moving!

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help'." - Ronald Reagan
DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008 04:49:01 PM »

OMG! That's hilarious! I need one of those, as my hatred for math is extreme. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
Linnybelle
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008 06:51:46 PM »

It's really cute and gave me more motivation to actually make the tiara floating in my head since that challenge.  And don't worry about liking cutting up your old papers, my best friend from college lit her thesis on fire and stomped on the ashes after she'd been graded on it.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Looking for postcards from anywhere to use for RSVP cards for my 8/2012 wedding.  Have 80/200.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jill Martin With Marlo Thomas
Plus-Size Style Tips
Best Dressed Stars: Sports Illustrated Model, NYFW and More
Striped Swimsuit Trends
Trends In Swimsuit Shorts
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...