A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 300,949
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: TUTORIAL: Make a Lined Zippered Pouch  (Read 545714 times)
Tags for this thread: pouch , tutorial , featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Paperdaisies

Let's dance in the rain or at least run crazy!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #370 on: February 02, 2007 08:07:36 PM »

I made one! Thanks so much Erika! Your tutorial was wonderful!

Here are some pics...I added a felt applique to the front to make it more interesting, I had a lot of fun!

And the lining...

I would have liked to get the zippy corners more sharp and cornerish but I am still darn happy with how it turned out! Thanks again!

(this was my first time sewing a zipper in, and obviously my first time with a zipper foot!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elliebelly123
« Reply #371 on: February 03, 2007 06:20:03 AM »

This is the best tutorial ever!!!!!! Thanks e.r.i.k.a!!!!!

I put little card holders in mine, hope you can see

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011 03:47:03 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Dress shabbily and they remember the dress; dress impeccably and they remember the woman."  Coco Chanel
shopping-for-blood
« Reply #372 on: February 03, 2007 09:39:35 AM »

I used this a couple of times and they all turned out great.
thanks for such a simple and easy tut! x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gilgamesh
« Reply #373 on: February 04, 2007 08:45:55 PM »

thanks heaps! you rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lisa: "You've fallen through the cracks of our quick-fix, one-hour photo, instant oatmeal society!"
Bailliesbagsbaubles
« Reply #374 on: February 07, 2007 02:23:58 PM »

OK I think I am having one of my blonde moments or maybe I am tired.  Are you using a huge seam allowance when you sew the lining and the outside together to catch the zipper in it so the ends of the zipper is closed up?  I used a tiny seam allowance and obviously the ends are open.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

toque
pinktoque

Creator of GEEKSOAP.net

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #375 on: February 07, 2007 05:03:34 PM »

OK I think I am having one of my blonde moments or maybe I am tired.  Are you using a huge seam allowance when you sew the lining and the outside together to catch the zipper in it so the ends of the zipper is closed up?  I used a tiny seam allowance and obviously the ends are open.....

I had this problem for the longest time, then I took a moment to really look close to the pictures and how they progress... the last one isn't nearly as wide it seems, so I think a huge allowance is used there - there's also a pic of "cutting off the excess" so I think she makes the seam allowance to cut the open ends off the zipper and then cuts off that excess from the sides before turning inside out.   Since I like the original width and don't want it to be so stout, I use a zipper that's slightly too long and just sew up the sides to cut off the zipper before it gets to the natural ends... if that makes sense, lol Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I design geeky, all natural handmade soap known as GEEKSOAP! http://www.geeksoap.net
Portfolio: http://www.thepinktoque.com/
gingerquilts
« Reply #376 on: February 07, 2007 05:12:02 PM »

I made one!  It was for a swap.  I sewed strips of flannel fabric to batting from the outside edge to outside edge so I didn't have to quilt it.  Here it is with buttons for decoration: 

inside

Thanks for the tutorial! I'll be making more I'm sure.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #377 on: February 07, 2007 06:32:06 PM »

Gingerquilts:  I really like your colour choices.  The patchwork and buttons are really pretty.  Your swap parnter is pretty lucky.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bond Girl
« Reply #378 on: February 07, 2007 07:18:12 PM »

I had this problem for the longest time, then I took a moment to really look close to the pictures and how they progress... the last one isn't nearly as wide it seems, so I think a huge allowance is used there - there's also a pic of "cutting off the excess" so I think she makes the seam allowance to cut the open ends off the zipper and then cuts off that excess from the sides before turning inside out.   Since I like the original width and don't want it to be so stout, I use a zipper that's slightly too long and just sew up the sides to cut off the zipper before it gets to the natural ends... if that makes sense, lol Smiley
I usually have about a 1cm seam allowance for mine.  I sew the lining pieces together and the outer pieces together, going near enough to the ends of the zipper so that the corners will turn out nicely (I'm still working on getting this right, sometimes it goes to close and so doesn't turn out so nicely Sad )  Then I trim the seam allowance down a bit, especially where the zipper ends are to again help with the corners, so yes I chop the end material bits of the zipper of then.  Don't know if that helps at all :S

And Gingerquilts, I love your, the colours and buttons are lovely - great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
FreckledPink
Freckled Pink

Unashamedly Me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: February 23, 2007 08:41:07 AM »

So cute! I love polka-dots! Reminds me of a laptop sleeve I made...hmm, I should post that... Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Romans 9:16 "So then, it does not depend on the man who wills, nor the man who runs, but on God who has mercy."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 58 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jeanius - Grace Givens on Blue and White Patterns
Vintage Bowles - Discovering Comme Des Garçons in Paris
Jeanius - Chloe Malle on Wearing Pop Over Shirts
From the Vogue Closet - How to Wear a Slip Dress
Angelina Jolie: A Hollywood Style Star
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...