A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where my sleeves at? Please HELP!!  (Read 449 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SidecarStella
« on: February 19, 2008 05:50:02 PM »

Hello all!!  First off, I would like to say that I am extremely new to Craftster and I adore everything about it!  The creativity levels of all you ladies !and gentlemen! (I am constantly assuming that everyone on here is a women, apparently I am a sexist pig, please forgive me) never cease to wow and amaze me!  That being said, I would like to ask a quick question that I desperately hope someone can help me with.  I need a pattern for a cutesy, shortish (knee length or even mid calf is great, but nothing to the floor) dress with SHORT SLEEVES.  I live in Texas where it is roughly a billion degrees most of the time and there are plenty of patterns for adorable halter dresses or sleeveless, strapless, or small strapped dresses, but I can find little or nothing close to what I am looking for.  I absolutely detest showing my arms and apparently this has doomed me to wear dowdy grandma dresses for the rest of my life.  I have found the following pictures online of dresses that I like, but it doesn't necessarily have to look anything like these.  I went crosseyed at the pattern catalogue table at Joann's last night trying to find something suitable.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I am a huge fan of the 40s and 50s rockabilly style clothing, but suggestions from any time period would be much appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008 06:24:03 PM »

i suggest the "danielle dress" from burdastyle.com
i really like it (i'm planing on making it sleeveless though), i thing it's a great shape and looks great on several fabrics
http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/show/15
i don't know if you are familiar with that web, but you have to register to download patterns, and the best part is that you can take a look at other member's creations to see how the finished thing looks like.
there are tons of free patterns with instructions.

hope i helped Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

M Fox
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008 08:24:23 PM »

Did you see any dresses you liked, but they had long sleeves?  You could shorten them.  Or maybe look for a shirt pattern and use the sleeves with one of the sleeveless dresses? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SidecarStella
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008 07:02:41 PM »

Ladies, oodles of thanks for taking the time to suggest these brilliant ideas.  I think I will try one of each. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
DMQT #12 - FInal Cut Pro - Version 6.0.2 ...
DMQT #13 - Final Cut Pro - Version 6.0.2 ...
DMQT #14 - Mac OS X Leopard - Dock Tricks
DMQT #16 - Mac OS X Leopard - Quicklook
DMQT #18 - Mac OS X Leopard - Unified Help System
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...