A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 304,743
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: swap with no borders!!! Swap for all America!!!  (Read 6224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2008 11:40:31 PM »

If you need help organizing, let me know! I would love to help. My spanish is a bit rusty, but I would love to help if you need it!!!

Si necesitas ayuda, pregunta me. Quiero a ayudar(se?). Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2008 03:24:53 PM »

If you need help organizing, let me know! I would love to help. My spanish is a bit rusty, but I would love to help if you need it!!!

Si necesitas ayuda, pregunta me. Quiero a ayudar(se?). Smiley

Thank you!
I was thinking about starting this swap but making it for a very long craft period.
What should we name it? HIspano Swap? Se habla espaol Swap??? Would that be allowed? I dont think so , or speak spanish? swap?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
malisha

♫ If i ever lose my knees... i wont have 2 beg ♪

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2008 12:19:46 PM »

I'd be thrilled to help you organizing it!! I consider my english pretty good. I'm from Metepec, Mexico, I live in Mexico and I love Mexico!!! jeje! I had never seen this post before, so I had never replied, but I loved the idea as soon as I saw it! I think that it would be a great idea to swap between countries, so everybody could get a typical item from another country. I know Mexico wouldnt have problems because it's such a big country that cultural items change from one state to another, but it would still be better to get things from other cultures, dont you think???

Me encantaria ayudarte a organizarlo, mi ingles es bastante bueno, soy de Metepec, Mexico, vivo en Mexico y amo a Mexico!  No habia visto este post antes asi k no habia escrito nada aki, pero ame la idea en cuanto la vi!
Yo pienso k seria genial hacer un swap pero asi entre diferentes paises, todos hispanohablantes obviamente, asi todos podriamos tener cosas tipicas de otros paises.
Si decides hacerlo por paises, igual y Mexico no tiene tanto problema con eso de las culturas y todo eso porque como es un pais grande, cambia de culturas y costumbres de un estado a otro, pero seria mucho mejor recibir cosas de otras culturas.  no creen???

bueno, ya sea para ayudar a organizar o para participar, yo me apunto!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I live in mexico, I can send loads of mexican stuff ...I'd swap for crafting supplies and scrapbooking supplies (PM if interested)

"Only when the last tree has been cut, and the last fish has been killed, then mankind will understand that money can't be eaten"

http://www.wists.com/malisha
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008 04:55:58 AM »

Ok so lets start by definig what we want. I think most people want to trade and show  off their local crafts. Am I correct???
How many items should we swap?
Should we do it by points or by size???

Bueno pues comencemos por definir que queremos de este swap. Entiendo que lo que la gente mas quiere es intercambiar el arte y manualidades regionales de cada uno. Estoy en lo correcto???
Cuantos articulos intercambiaremos?
Lo haremos por puntos (points) o por tamao??

Por favor contesten si estan interesados en este swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008 06:39:59 PM »

I think traditional crafts is awesome!
and It would be nice to make it a medium swap, I dont know, maybe one large and two mediums, or something like that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2008 11:29:50 AM »

I think you all have the right idea.
Name it something like Spanish Speakers Swap! Swap! (or whatever!) But make it in English so the mods can follow if they are ever needed for anything Smiley
Have it be a craft from your area. So it could be from your city, state, region, or country.
Make it one large or two medium or one medium and two-four small items.

You can ask in the questionnaire if people want to be paired up with Spanish speaking as a first language, or English as a first language or don't care. That way we can maybe practice our languages with each other (I would personally LOVE LOVE LOVE this!) Smiley

I like the idea of giving everyone a longer crafting time/sending time. We are getting right into the very busy holiday season here in the US with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner. Maybe send outs could be the first week of January some time, and you could also have a longer sign up period, maybe now until Nov 28th? That's the day after Thanksgiving. Then the next week could be partner matching and that would give us about 5 weeks to craft. Smiley

Yay! Please make sure you let us know when you open the swap! Hopefully the organizer OR co-organizer is fluent in both languages so we can really connect! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2008 11:51:49 PM »

I think you all have the right idea.
Name it something like Spanish Speakers Swap! Swap! (or whatever!) But make it in English so the mods can follow if they are ever needed for anything Smiley
Have it be a craft from your area. So it could be from your city, state, region, or country.
Make it one large or two medium or one medium and two-four small items.

You can ask in the questionnaire if people want to be paired up with Spanish speaking as a first language, or English as a first language or don't care. That way we can maybe practice our languages with each other (I would personally LOVE LOVE LOVE this!) Smiley

I like the idea of giving everyone a longer crafting time/sending time. We are getting right into the very busy holiday season here in the US with Thanksgiving and Christmas just around the corner. Maybe send outs could be the first week of January some time, and you could also have a longer sign up period, maybe now until Nov 28th? That's the day after Thanksgiving. Then the next week could be partner matching and that would give us about 5 weeks to craft. Smiley

Yay! Please make sure you let us know when you open the swap! Hopefully the organizer OR co-organizer is fluent in both languages so we can really connect! Smiley
Could you host this swap? Like organize  it? You seem to know how we should proceed! And if you need help with the spanish then I could help  Cheesy But I really want to do this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #47 on: November 21, 2008 04:55:35 PM »

Sure! I will have to start sign ups after Thanksgiving (November 27th.) this week will be crazy for me. Maybe you can be my co-organizer? We can talk about the specifics of the job if needed but maybe you can be the "go-to" girl for those preferring to speak in Spanish (for PM's) and I can stick to the English part? Smiley I'd love to practice my Spanish, but it does give me anxiety to think about organizing in Spanish! Smiley

I'll post over here when I start sign ups, keep watching this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

« Reply #48 on: November 21, 2008 08:12:56 PM »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2008 12:25:31 AM »

~How about if we do the sign ups from Dec 1st - Dec 7th
~Crafting time will be from Dec 8th-Jan 4th?
~We will craft One Large and one small, two medium or 3 small and one medium? OR something that you and your partner agree on.

? How would you like to describe this swap? Is it only for people in 'America' as first suggested? Should it be a "spanish speakers swap", so for anyone who speaks spanish, or knows some, or wants to practice?

? Should we let people have the option of being matched up with ONLY the same language? Or should we be matched to people as far away as possible or in the same country? Do you all want those options?

I'd love to hear how you all would like this swap to go. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Preemies Part 1/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 8/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 7/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 6/11
How to Crochet a Hunnie Pot Hat for Newborns Part 1/11
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek
October 15, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...