A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
663 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: swap with no borders!!! Swap for all America!!!  (Read 6118 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008 11:53:02 AM »

Hey latinas!
I just wanted to suggest a couple of things. First off I think it is awesome that all of you are so excited about craftster and wanting a board for your language/community. The suggestion to go over and post in the cities boards was appropriate, please keep this thread about your swap idea! Also, adding the swap link in your signature is a SUPER idea to get your swap noticed!

I think your swap sounds great and I know a couple of people wanted to know if you are going to match people up in the same country or in different countries... that is a great question! I suppose you can decide to place that in your swap questionnaire. Take a look at some of the other swaps that were country only: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=207571.0 or http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=217144.0 and http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=183611.0 you'll notice that these Aussie swaps are for that country only. It might limit you to just a few people... you could call it a "latina" swap, or make a 'Latina friend swap' or something like that. That might open the idea to some crafters in countries that might not have too many people to swap with, or maybe people that have moved away from home and really miss it! You can ask in the sign up thread if swappers would prefer to swap in their own country or anywhere.

I am not hispanic/latina but I lived in Mexico for some time and would love to swap in this swap! I never got to hang around too many super crafty people, although the crafts and art were all around me and BEAUTIFUL!

One last thing, please keep the posts in English so everyone can read and understand what you are saying Smiley It makes it a bit difficult for the moderators of the swap boards to help the thread. Thanks!!! Smiley

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lindsoriah

In character at all times

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008 01:04:57 PM »

esta idea a mi me interesa muchisimo. tambien vivo en los estados unidos pero como estudio literatura latinoamericana, me encantaria conocer a unas craftsters de latinoamerica.

no se si haya mucha demanda para alguna cosa de/hecho en los eeuu, pero me inscribo como fuente voluntaria por si acaso!

this idea interests me a lot. i also live in the U.S., but since I study Latin American literature, i'd love to meet some craftsters from Latin america!

i dunno if there's much demand for things from/made in the U.S., but I'm volunteering to be a source just in case!

« Last Edit: February 23, 2008 01:34:23 PM by lindsoriah - Reason: added english » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love personal swaps, accessories, disguises, animals, riding my bike, pen pals, and the Lone Star State.
lovely_gangster
Strawberry Queen

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2008 03:56:39 AM »

as non US'er, i find that the cost of postage can make it really hard to do lots of swaps.  contrary to suggestions that small number of participants can limit the swap, i think it can be better as participants can have fun getting to know eachother and in-country swaps make swapping less of a financial committment and more of a craftig committment!!

also, in the spirit of craftster being diverse and embracing all nationalities, i don't see why all posts on the board have to be in english.

"One last thing, please keep the posts in English so everyone can read and understand what you are saying" - how are people who don't speak english supposed to understand??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mirchita

somewhere over the rainbow....

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2008 11:22:13 AM »

as non US'er, i find that the cost of postage can make it really hard to do lots of swaps.  contrary to suggestions that small number of participants can limit the swap, i think it can be better as participants can have fun getting to know eachother and in-country swaps make swapping less of a financial committment and more of a craftig committment!!

Yes yes yes yes! that is what I had in mind at first, international postage is so expensive here, the idea of calling the most of the interested latin-crafsters was to have some people in mexico (to swap beetweeen them) some people in Chile (the same) some people in Peru, Guatemala , El salvador etc etc
of course there is the other idea, of having another kind of latina swap, to trade traditional crafts from our countries to other countries, that sounds great too...

also, in the spirit of craftster being diverse and embracing all nationalities, i don't see why all posts on the board have to be in english.

"One last thing, please keep the posts in English so everyone can read and understand what you are saying" - how are people who don't speak english supposed to understand??

I thought we can make a bilingual post, to keep involved the moderators, and also non-english speakers crafsters... but I am realizing how time consuming is... just to post in english... my brain doesnt work that fast in english, and I have many job at home that sometimes I dont even post in threads I'd really like to...

I quote a calluna post, that seems interesting to me

I agree that it is easier/clearer to get thoughts out first in the language in which we think, and then translate it. Other bilingual people could look at both and clarify the English-version if necessary. I think that if you can't find the word or phrase you need in English, and there are people who speak your first language here who could help, you need to be able to ask the question in your language to get the right answer.

I do think there should be a particular place/board/thread for this, rather than having multiple languages pop up in the middle of threads. I think art/craft Spanish language translations could be a "sticky-note" thread in the Latin American City Guides board. I think that would be of interest to lots of people, for various purposes.

I'm going to see if there's been discussion about this for Asian or European languages, since they already have City Guides boards...We need a crafty speaker-of-multiple-languages (is that what a "polyglot" is?)!

maybe you would like to go here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=174472.0

there is a discussion about spanish-english posts too...
thanks for comment, please keep doing it  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nataluna
living in the "before" picture...

strange is not a crime

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2008 04:24:59 PM »

Soy gringa pero me apunto a los intercambios latinoamericanos o hispanohablantes.
I'm an North-American Anglo woman, but count me in for the Spanish-language or Latin American swaps.

Además sería bonito hacer intercambios personales.
Personal swaps would be nice, too.

Soy euroamericana, digamos, y mi esposo es colombiano. Enseño español para principiantes en una politécnica.
I'm a Euro-American, i guess you could say, and my husband is Colombian. I teach beginner level Spanish at a tech college.

why does english need so many mayúsculas, anyway?!  i get tired of putting all those capital letters!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008 04:25:31 PM by nataloca - Reason: cos i can't spell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

creative criticism always appreciated!
my swaps and crafts
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008 07:08:05 PM »

why does english need so many mayúsculas, anyway?!  i get tired of putting all those capital letters!

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
me encanta en español!!
i love spanish!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jordyca
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2008 10:16:55 PM »

ok, like I said on the other post, why don´t we start our own swap with no borders, there´s actualy one for mexico and another one for america. check this.. and there we can talk in spanish.  Cheesy
http://www.flickr.com/groups/swapmexico/
http://www.flickr.com/groups/intercambiodemanos/
« Last Edit: May 06, 2008 08:19:50 AM by jordyca » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://guaya.wordpress.com/
graphic designer at day, bartender on the weekends, and a crazy craftster by night.
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2008 02:26:21 PM »

Hasta ahora no ha habido nadie mas de Puerto Rico en este thread Sad

Till now theres no one else from Puerto Rico in this thread Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
funkyteal

unfix'd yet fix'd, eidolons eidolons eidolons!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008 09:25:41 PM »

Hablo espanol un poco.  Tomo clases en el colegio.  Por favor, perdoname si haga muchos erores. 

Vivo en los estados unidos, pero estoy interesante en un swap con personas que se hablan espanol.  Si no puedo hacerlo, estoy contento con la practica del espanol.

I speak a little spanish.  I take classes in high school.  Please, forgive me if I make a lot of mistakes. 

I live in the US, but I'm interested in a swap with people who speak spanish.  If I can't do it, I'm content with the spanish practice. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008 09:30:25 PM by funkyteal » THIS ROCKS   Logged
maria isabel
blah blah blah

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2008 10:27:33 PM »

I was thinking of starting a Spanish Language Swap this summer, anyone interested?

Estaba pensando en empezar un swap en español para este verano, alguien tiene interes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Too many ads ruin a mediocre site.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Predator Effect in Sony Vegas
How to Create a Simple Energy Ball in Tony Vegas
How to Create Teleport Effect in Sony Vegas
How to Get Media Ready - DVD Studio Pro
How to Make a Title Sequence - Final Cut Pro 6
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...