A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,759
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Kyuuto: Lacy Crochet book  (Read 827 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

KidArtemis
Planet Express Delivery Gal

WE GOT MOVIE SIGN!

View Profile
« on: February 19, 2008 09:58:41 AM »

I've been looking around the internet for pics of what projects are in the book but I can't find anything. What project are inside?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've always done what I do. I'm doing what I do, way I've always done and the way I'll always do it.
Neveth
Rated PG-13 for language and mild peril.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008 06:54:21 PM »

There's a round doily, a square doily, some coasters, a small basket, a couple of cup-cozies, jar decorations, a hook case, a scissor-sleeve-thing, some baby shoes, a kleenex box cover that can double as a placemat, a cell-phone pouch, a change purse, sachets, and uh, pot holders!

I think I've forgotten a couple things, but I don't have the book with me at the moment.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
KnitsyBitsy
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2008 06:19:17 AM »

Go to this webpage, and click "View More Images" underneath the picture of the book: http://www.knitpicks.com/Kyuuto!+Lacy+Crochet_BD31015.html.  It's got twelve images of different projects in the book.   Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2008 06:49:02 AM »

http://www.amazon.com/Kyuuto-Japanese-Crafts-Lacy-Crochet/dp/0811860582/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1204123513&sr=1-3

Amazon has picture previews if you click search inside.

Really cute projects in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
linbtl
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008 10:44:35 AM »

If you haven't already, I do recommend getting this book - there are some great summer projects in there!

-Lindsay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my artsy-craftsy blog:
http://linbtl.livejournal.com/
roseshadow
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008 11:54:21 PM »

Anybody have any idea what size thread to buy for these? I bought size 10 and size 3 and tried using the recommended hooks. The round doily is really thin and small so far and I tried it with the 10 and its way too thick in my opinion. I've been trying to research how to do lace crochet but, I haven't had too much luck and I really wanna make all the cute stuff in this book. If anybody has any suggestions, please send them over here. I would really appreciate it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
linbtl
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2008 11:00:30 AM »

Anybody have any idea what size thread to buy for these? I bought size 10 and size 3 and tried using the recommended hooks. The round doily is really thin and small so far and I tried it with the 10 and its way too thick in my opinion. I've been trying to research how to do lace crochet but, I haven't had too much luck and I really wanna make all the cute stuff in this book. If anybody has any suggestions, please send them over here. I would really appreciate it.

i made the doily with size 10 thread and a 2mm hook, and it did come out a little small - i'd have to check the book again to see what it's supposed to be, but i'd say mine came out to about 6" in diameter. i think doilies are supposed to be thin and dainty though. i would be interested to see what would happen if you used the #3 thread with maybe a D or E hook - that would definitely beef it up.

i'm doing the tissue box cover at the moment, again using size 10 thread and a 2mm hook, and the gauge is looking pretty good.

i will say this - be sure to steam iron your doily; mine looked like hell until i did that  Smiley

i'm eager to see how it turns out - keep us posted!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my artsy-craftsy blog:
http://linbtl.livejournal.com/
roseshadow
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008 01:29:41 PM »

thank you very much for the advice. I'm attempting the leaf potpourri bag with the size 10 thread and 1.8mm hook and so far, so good  Grin i'll have to post pictures of it when I'm done
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make A Simple Logo
How To Add Styles In Fireworks
How To Turn Yourself Into A Zombie in Photoshop
How To Import Your PSD Layout Into Dreamweaver Part 2/2
How To Import Your PSD Layout Into Dreamweaver Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...