A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slouchy Goodness.... Pattern added  (Read 2923 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: February 18, 2008 04:56:28 PM »

Got bored and wanted a new hat. I have an addiction. Undecided    I saw a girl a few days ago with a really cute hat and thought I could replicate it. And I think I damn near succeeded. Without further ado......

Mayhap a bit pic heavy, but its not every day I just make up a pattern.  Grin  Thanks for looking!

Hi all,
thanks for all the comments, I didnt have much time, so I did my best pattern-wise
Good luck to anyone who attempts to read my pattern notes  Tongue  Any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Using a US 8 circular needle, cast on 84 st. (Use smaller needles is you want)
For approx. 10 rnds (or longer if you prefer) work in 2x2 rib.
When ribbing is complete, onto the inc. rnd.
INC RND:
There needs to be 102 st. In which case you will knit 4 then inc. the next stitch (the 5th) But to get the 102 st. you will knit into the very first st. in the round, but when you count the 4 before the inc. include the first stitch in your count. Also, you will have to inc. into the very last stitch in the round, and you should have 102 stitches (I hope that bit makes sense, if you have any questions let me know)

Rnd 1:
*Knit 11, purl 2, knit 11, purl 2, knit 6, purl 2* (Cont)    Knit this for 6 rnds (incl. rnd 1)
7th Rnd: Knit 11, purl 2, knit 11, purl 2, first 3 st. to cable needle, hold to the front, knit 3, knit 3 from cable needle then continue in pattern until desired length. (I knit rnds 1-7 six times then started decreasing)
After the last cable (rnd 7) I knit 2 more rnds, on the
3rd round I knit the first 2 st. tog. Knit 7, then knit the next 2 tog. Purl 2, and continue shortening the 11 stitch sections all the way around.
4th rnd. Knit the 11 st. section but when you come across the 2 purl stitches, purl them tog.
5th rnd. Dec the first 2 st. knit 5, knit the last 2 st. tog, purl 1, (CONT)
6th rnd (knit)
7th rnd dec. 1st 2 stitches, knit 3, knit last 2 stitches in section tog, cont (reminder to also keep up with the cable rnds)
1st rnd. (knit)
2nd rnd. Decrease (knit first 2 stitches tog. Knit 1, knit 2 st. tog, purl 2) CONT
3rd rnd. (Knit)
4th rnd. Decrease (knit 1st 2 stitches tog. Purl 2)
5th rnd. (Knit)
6th rnd (Knit)
7th rnd. Cable
 [This is where my notes get kinda hazy (haha like all of it till now makes sooo much           sense)]
Im pretty sure I knit 1, purl 1, knit 2 tog, knit 1, knit 2 tog, CONT
Next rnd. Knit 1 rnd,
Next rnd. Knit 2 tog all the way around
Next rnd. Knit 2 tog all the way around
Cut yarn and run through remaining stitches.

My instructions suck, but its a very basic pattern, so anyone should be able to pick up on it right away. Let me know if theres anything that needs clearing up.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008 04:14:27 PM by Just_A_Girl - Reason: to add pattern » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
sugar-magnolia
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008 05:00:02 PM »

Ooooh, so cute!  Do you have to use bobby pins to keep it up? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A wist at last!  www.wists.com/sugar-magnolia

www.thehungersite.com 

www.freerice.com   <-- this is a really fun vocabulary game that gives rice to the hungry for every question you answer correctly
sonnetbird
Life is full of adventure!

I see you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008 06:45:45 PM »

Hope you don't take this the wrong way, but has anyone ever told you that you look like Ashlee Simpson? I think you have such a beautiful complexion like she does, too. Anyway, it's supposed to be a compliment Cheesy I love the hat, it's a really rich color, and looks really soft Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The gal who smiles when things go wrong has just thought of someone to blame it on.
speakeasy
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008 07:54:59 PM »

Cute! I just love it! You did such a great job. I think that if I ever tried to recreate a hat that I saw someone wearing on the streets I would fail completely. I really like how it slouches a lot in the back, not just some wimpy poof. When you slouch a hat you go all out and that is what I call slouchy goodness!

And man I have to concur. From that angle you really do look like Ashley Simpson! When I saw the thumbnail I was wondering if that was who it was. hehe.

Anyway amazing job on the hat! It looks great on you!

*To all the poofy hats out there I apologize for my language, I really do not think you to be wimpy.*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spicecarrie
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008 08:04:13 PM »

I like it a lot! Great color too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crocodisle
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008 09:03:58 PM »

Ooh, I really like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

The northern downpour sends its love.
Just_A_Girl
[Insert witty title here]

Straight to this very day it was the wrong way

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008 11:22:18 PM »

Hey, thnx for the comments,
Hahah as a matter of fact I do hear that I do look Ashlee Simpson  Roll Eyes   It doesnt bother me too much. Sugar_Magnolia, I dont have to use bobby pins to keep it up, I just happened to have one in my hair at the time. If anyone wants it, I'll probably post the pattern eventually. It wasnt hard, and tho there are a trillion slouchy hat patterns kicking around, Im really proud of this one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I blame it on the bunny....

[Future home of a someday blog URL]
silknlace
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008 02:47:15 AM »

adorable!! i would like the pattern - i'm obsessed with slouchy hats
THIS ROCKS   Logged
michelle2007
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008 05:17:12 AM »

I love it, you did a great job  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugar-magnolia
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2008 01:59:45 PM »

Hooray!  A pattern would be amah-zing.  I always feel like I'm sort of defeating the purpose of a hat when I have to use stuff to keep it on my head, so it would be way cool to have a hat that didn't need that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A wist at last!  www.wists.com/sugar-magnolia

www.thehungersite.com 

www.freerice.com   <-- this is a really fun vocabulary game that gives rice to the hungry for every question you answer correctly
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pre-Fab Lattice Pie Crust
How to Make a Bakewell Tart
How to Make Cookie Dough Dip
How to Make Pumpkin Pie with Pecan Crumble Topping
Stress-Free Holiday Desserts
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...