A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,141
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: baby boy nursery in AQUA! image heavy!!  (Read 11524 times)
Tags for this thread: nursery  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

RubyPurl
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2008 03:24:24 PM »

I love it all. You are very talented.  All of the colors are amazing together!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To invent, you need a good imagination and a pile of junk."
tinafish
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2008 06:18:40 PM »

Thanks for the info!! That's a tough decision on the painting. It looks good as it is, but of course I'm sure you'll paint adorable houses if you chose to. The blanket...man it is CUTE! It is pricey, but if you think about all the quilting on it it probably is worth it. I thought to myself. "Hmmm, I could do that, but it would take forever! Eh, just pay the 70 bucks!" lol

Do you make baby clothes at all? i could just picture all these cute handmade things to go with the nursery. Let me stop, you're making me want another new baby or at least to go in and totally redo both my son's rooms  Grin

Anyway, I too live in Phoenix (west valley)! How awesome to know a local crafter  Smiley

yea the quilt was a tad too much...but i couldn't help it. Smiley

i haven't made baby clothes. we'll see if i get there. i've never really been good at making clothes to begin with, but who knows once the baby's here. although, i'd be more likely to make clothes if it was a girl...dresses are just too easy! i saw the quilt you recently made...too cute! i purchased a few matching fabrics with the stripes at the craft show in jan.

i live in chandler! didn't realize you were in az too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2008 09:17:11 PM »

out of curiosity, are you going to embroider/sew your son's name onto the banner?  I've seen it done before, and it's such a fun idea!  I love all the colors you chose for your nursery, it's a nice change from all the prepared nurseries that I see all the time at work (I work at a Toys R Us/Babies R Us)! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
tinafish
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2008 05:06:00 AM »

out of curiosity, are you going to embroider/sew your son's name onto the banner?  I've seen it done before, and it's such a fun idea!  I love all the colors you chose for your nursery, it's a nice change from all the prepared nurseries that I see all the time at work (I work at a Toys R Us/Babies R Us)! Grin

i actually found felt letters at joann and purchased all the letters for his name already. Smiley i currently have them strewn on a ribbon and ready to be hung....just where is the question...need more furniture in the room to determine that.

i finished the bunting banner last night! the picture is above along with a pillow i completed for my swivel rocker.

thanks for your comments! gosh...it's a good thing i dont work at babies r us at the moment. i'd really go bankrupt...it's bad enough as it is... Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TeaCouture

Tea Couture... My sewing call sign!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2008 11:04:49 AM »

I <3 this nursery ;-D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'll not willingly offend, Nor be easily offended; What's amiss I'll strive to mend, And endure what can't be mended: Isaac Watts

* My Wist *
missjesswinkwink
'Ginger did everything Fred did; only she did it backwards and in high heels'

Howdy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008 01:34:17 PM »

I love. love. love. your color combination skillz. This is one of the most unique (in a good, subtle way!) nurseries I've ever seen. Kudos on breaking the pastel baby barrier, and making such hi-quality thingies for your room!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.rockinbclothing.com
------------------
www.rockinbdesign.blogspot.com
------------------
Night Train Swing Dance Club!
www.swingpurdue.org
------------------
neetks
Neet

All good things in life take effort

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2008 09:34:12 AM »

This is just so great!!!
I So want to have a baby now, if only just as an excuse to have a nursery like yours!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jlbrannon
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2008 09:59:19 AM »

Such a beautiful nursery.  I love the black/orange/aqua Denyse Schmidt-inspired quilt.  Everything works together so nicely.  I wish I had been more adventurous when my first DD was born in 1990.  I used lavender and peach with bunnies, which was still better than traditional blue or pink.  But yours is just great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rodeo618
mini donkeys make the world a happier place

meg and oscar

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2008 04:46:24 PM »

i'm so inspired by your room! we are having our 1st in July- a boy too- but my dh needs to actually BUILD the room before I can do any decorating. Sigh.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to live is to fly.....cowboy junkies
tinafish
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2008 06:18:01 PM »

okay i've finally had time this past weekend to get more done!! i've updated with photos in the original post where the rest of the photos are. i've been having so much fun getting all my stuff together.

the only thing i have left is a shelving unit on the right side of the room as you enter and the curtain panel!! YAY!

40 days to go till my due date! i feels so nice to be so close to done.

thanks again for looking and for such nice comments!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pug Pupcake
Ice Cream Bread Recipe
How to Make Chunky Monkey Bonbons
I-DIY Surrealist Gingerbread Cookie Art With Maayan Zilberman
How to Make Gummy Bear Popsicles
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...