A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 297,558
Currently Running With Scissors:
518 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: $10 Kitten Condo  (Read 2084 times)
Tags for this thread: cat_condo , cat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

suchakaren
« on: February 18, 2008 12:26:18 AM »

This kitten condo was constructed by my boyfriend for our friend's cat, Lope. Lope sounds like a funny name, but it stems from Penelope because his previous owner wanted all female cats, no matter what gender they were *sigh*... So now he is Lope, pronounced, lo-pay Smiley

Materials:
   - Two or more plastic tubs, these were on sale after Halloween.
   - Hot glue or some kind of adhesive (it won't be where the cats can get to it don't worry)
   - an old short bladed kitchen knife
   - a candle
   - any extras you want, like bedding material or cushions, tennis balls with rope to hang them from the ceiling, etc.

He cut entrances on the smaller side at the bottom, one through the "floor" in between the two tubs (we put his kitten hammock inside to be used as a stair). By stacking the tubs upside down, and placing the bottom lid on the very top with some adhesive, it creates a nice roof perch Smiley

We cut the plastic by heating the knife with the candle. We drew the lines first.

After this picture was taken for him to heck out his new pad, we used black grosgrain ribbon which i used non-toxic craft glue to cover the edges tomakeit look nicer Smiley They aren't sharp though, the plastic is very thick.

The little sign outside was made from scrap, and V204.5 is his address inside of his owner's apartment, V204 Smiley A rope with a tennis ball hanging from it hangs from the sign. The bottom floor has cat toys hanging from rope we fixed to the ceiling by poking holes and knotting on the other side. We bought nylon rope at Lowe's for this.

He really loves it and we have a plan to make one for our kitty using slightly more narrow but taller tubs and adding a scratching wall on one side with carpeting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
battikins
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008 12:28:19 AM »

looks very luxurious!! i bet they are very happy there  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hoboe

I'm cute and fluffy!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008 06:18:23 AM »

That is awesome!  I've got 4 cats, and have been loath to spend the $100+ on kitty furniture for them.  Yours looks more washable too
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alas
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008 11:58:13 AM »

Yours looks more washable too

Yes!!! Especially with a cat and dog in our house... Those $100 ones are not Washable... or even vacuum-able. Great idea... I always mean to grab those coloured Rubbermaid containers after Xmas and Hallowe'en for 'use later'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Christy Haubegger: The Starting Line
Christy Haubegger: A Latina Heroine
Christy Haubegger: Measure Your Life In Impact
Christy Haubegger: Publishing to Production
Christy Haubegger: Misconception of Latinas
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...