A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,905
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I Love My Poppet Swap Round 2?  (Read 4083 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2008 06:31:00 PM »

I would love to but I doubt that I will be able to. I love to make stuff but I don't really need stuff. I was looking at the round 1 stuff and I probably can't "compete" w/ that much. I'm in the middle of my first swap right now.
I am definitely looking forward to see all the stuff in the gallery.
There are quite a few people who just want supplies. People in the UK are having a hard time finding the stuff. You may not have to make much at all. Request what you do want, and then tell the kind of stuff you'd like to do/make and the organizer will match you up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrafterSandK

Poppets are an addiction. :D

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2008 07:02:21 PM »

I'd totally love to do this swap. Cheesy *does happy dance*
But I'd need permission from my parent's first.... But I'm pretty sure they'd be okay with it. Plus the fact this would be my first swap... I'd have no idea what to do. Roll Eyes Embarrassed
YAY!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008 07:03:25 PM by CrafterSandK » THIS ROCKS   Logged
nezbutt
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2008 08:33:01 PM »

Yay more people!

CrafterSandK: You should definitely join! Its super fun and if you have any questions about the process feel free to PM me Smiley have you read the swap info guide thingy?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrafterSandK

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2008 09:42:23 PM »

Yay more people!

CrafterSandK: You should definitely join! Its super fun and if you have any questions about the process feel free to PM me Smiley have you read the swap info guide thingy?

I just read the info thing (makes sense now. ^_^), and I asked my mom if I could maybe join. She said that if the shipping cost isn't that much, I might be able to do it! Yippie! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittymary
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2008 05:00:40 AM »

I'd really love to join a poppet swap too, the current one looks like a lot of fun. I would need there to be plenty of time to get the stuff made though, because midwifery training doesn't leave me with a lot of spare time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2008 07:00:41 AM »

I would love to but I doubt that I will be able to. I love to make stuff but I don't really need stuff. I was looking at the round 1 stuff and I probably can't "compete" w/ that much. I'm in the middle of my first swap right now.
I am definitely looking forward to see all the stuff in the gallery.
The thing is it's not a competition. Swaps are for fun. If it's not fun for you don't do it. But I think you could easily ask for supplies, or offer supplies since that was one of the options given the last time around. Also perhaps suggest some smaller quick items that you would be happy to make for your partner. The more info you give the easier it is for the organizer to find someone with simillar tastes. If you know of someone in the swap who would be willing to swap with you have them request to be paired with you. That saves the organizer even more time. Smiley
Swapping isn't about competing with others packages. It's about making a package that you are happy with sending and that your partner will love.
I do hope you join if you want to! don't let the packages from the last round scare you away it was so much fun! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2008 07:02:27 AM »

Yay more people!

I just read the info thing (makes sense now. ^_^), and I asked my mom if I could maybe join. She said that if the shipping cost isn't that much, I might be able to do it! Yippie! Grin
It will depend on how much you make. Clothing doesn't cost much to send. I think it cost me like 4.00. If you are worried about it you can always take all the things you make to the PO and send only what you can afford. I typically make my shipping budget between 4-10 dollars just to be safe. I rarely go above 5 though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2008 03:59:41 PM »

I've done several swaps now and most hardly cost anything to send for. The most expensive package I've sent was to Australia. Put on your info sheet that you'd perfer to ship only in the country and it won't cost much! Swapping is totally addictive. I never thought I'd like it, but after I did it I can't stop! Having people be so grateful and thankful for stuff you've made totally gives you that warm fuzzy feeling  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FaeryFae
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2008 05:02:16 PM »

Oh my gods... I want in! I want in!

Prays it will be _after_ the Disposable Camera Swap...

I am cranking out Easy Peasies at a high rate, and really with two big girl poppets and a partial petite I certainly can't use them all... I'd love to trade for other style clothes or a themed outfit for the girls, maybe poppet jewelry ^.^ So many small easy, nice things to send out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008 05:13:53 PM by FaeryFae » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrafterSandK

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2008 06:45:38 PM »

My mom is okay with it, so I just need to save my money and I'm good to go! Cheesy

Now I can't wait! Its gonna be sometime in May? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Creating an Orange Sky in Lightroom
High Pass Sharpening in in Photoshop
How to Create a Web Photo Gallery
Creating a Dark Blue Sky in Photoshop
Whitening Teeth and Eyes in Photoshop
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...