A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,762
Currently Running With Scissors:
401 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gluten Free/Celiac Recipes  (Read 15480 times)
Tags for this thread: gluten_free  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

guacaMolly
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011 09:20:43 PM »

I totally thought that I had posted in this thread before, but I guess I just bookmarked it! DH and I have been low carb for years (independently even before we met eachother!), and a go to website of ours is www.healthyindulgen ces.blogspot.com

Turns out, Lauren (who owns the blog) is gluten free, so all of her recipes are too, and she almost always offers a lactose intolerant alternative. There are tons and tons of really yummy recipes, if you are willing to invest in the specialty ingredients that way of eating calls for, which we do in varying degrees depending on the budget. But, it's a nice way to avoid gluten and stay low carb and still have yummy treats if anyone's interested. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragadyanne400

Am I a llama?!?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2011 07:28:36 AM »

I thought I might share some of the gluten free blogs that I follow that haven't been mentioned yet, for anyone who is looking for recipes.

Ginger Lemon Girl
Gluten Hates Me
Hey, That Tastes Good
Book of Yum

I usually use Bob's Red Mill gluten free flours for baking, and they have a pretty good selection of recipes on their website as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Belladune
Fiber Arts Moderator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

crazy crafty momma

'darn kids, they were pesky from the start' D. Lee

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011 08:05:03 PM »

I've just recently discovered a gluten sensitivity.  And I have to say I've adapted quite well.  Just tonight we had onion rings and chicken balls for supper.  Two things I thought were out of my life for good!
They are dipped in the same homemade batter, and here's the recipe!

1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 cup rice flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1 large egg
aproximately1/2 cup water

Mix the dry ingredients together.  Add the egg and stir it in.   Add water a bit at a time until the batter is thick enough to stick to the fork and not come off all to quickly, just a bit thicker then pancake consistency.  If you add too much water, just sprinkle in a bit more of each flour, mixing after each addition. (if you get to crazy with adding the flour, leaving you needing more water yet, you'll just have to decide to double the batter and find more things to deep fry.  Peaches are delish done this way-just add a sprinkle of Cinnamon!)

And there you have it, deep fried nommyness!  and gluten free to boot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guacaMolly
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2011 01:04:17 PM »

Healthy Peanut Butter Cups

Made these today, they are in my freezer right now--- SO quick and easy for a low carb chocolate/sweet fix, and I can tell from licking my spoon they are yummy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Quasior
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011 06:40:24 AM »

We are almost a gluten free household, with 3 of 7 never touching it.  Gluten Free Goddess is fantastic and I've learnt so much from her.  This is a link of some choc chip cookies I make the
children love.  There is an odd recipe on there, I really must add more but really considering just doing a new one fresh... here it is:

http://quasiorsrecoveryfromsillyyaks.blogspot.com/2009/06/gluten-free-choc-chip-cookies-update.html

done right they seem to melt in your mouth!  Hope you like Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lorelei
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2011 04:32:55 PM »

My boyfriend and his mom both have Celiac so I'm learning the ropes as well as becoming gluten free myself ( I have a slight intolerance myself and I'm less scared of 'poisoning' them ).  My other roommate is vegan so I'm working on perfecting gf vegan baking which is what I love most.

I came up with this GF Vegan Bundt cake: http://adorningschemes.blogspot.com/2011/11/to-bake-gf-vegan-pineapple-persimmons.html which came out pretty good.  I was wondering if anyone had any great basic gf vegan dough and cake recipes I could work from altering.  The ones I've invented have just been delicious but slightly off in consistency.

Other resources:
my bf's mom - http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/
my friend's gf baking blog - http://soulandpastry.blogspot.com/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fancy Dodo
Like my storenvy on facebook!
Read my blog!
Pinterested?
cataway

we love puddin tats and runny babbits!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2011 06:13:15 PM »

Eggless flourless macaroons

1 400g package of unsweetened shredded coconut
1 300 ml can of sweetened condensed milk

mix the 2 ingredients together and place by spoonfuls on parchment paper lined pans
leave mounded for softer consistency or flatten slightly for crispy edges and chewier consistency, they do not spread very much. bake at 350 till edges and peaks are golden, watch carefully they burn fast!  leave on parchment for a short while as they are too soft when hot to be removed from pan right away.  One craftster on this site made them and said she had to beat her husband off them with a stick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thespacequeen87
« Reply #37 on: December 17, 2011 02:38:15 PM »

i just wanted to chime in in saying how excited i am to see an entire section devoted to gluten free recipes - woohoo! i myself do i not eat a gluten free diet, but i work at a place where we have a lot of customers who eat gluten free or are shopping for a gluten free relative or friend, or who are just curious and ask questions about our gluten free section; "what is gluten free?" ect. so this is great! pretty syked to be able to look up some recipes, print em out, and share the love Cheesy so yay! loving this site more and more every time i get on here <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged
WindingHillToys

Student, Crafter, Dreamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2013 05:32:33 AM »

Oh this is so exciting!  I eat an extremely limited diet, including running fast and far from gluten.  One of my very favorite recipes is this recipe for PB chocolate chip cookies from the detoxinista!

http://detoxinista.com/2012/02/flourless-peanut-butter-chip-cookies/

They taste like they have flour in them, but they're actually grain free.

Thanks for making this a sticky!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013 08:28:32 AM by MareMare - Reason: to comply with Craftster guidelines » THIS ROCKS   Logged

monnie31
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013 05:04:48 PM »

I am both Gluten and Dairy free, it is quite challenging.  I made some great cookies, but bread is still tough.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...