A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,493
Currently Running With Scissors:
400 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gluten Free/Celiac Recipes  (Read 15695 times)
Tags for this thread: gluten_free  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MacesMeMe

My Bully the DoofyDoo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2010 04:52:50 PM »

I wanted to share this website ****WHICH IS NOT MINE****www.livingwithout.com  it is gluten free, dairy free, casein free and other allergy site. It is also a magazine which I picked up today. The lady that owns the local health food store recommened it to me b/c I was talking to her about my DD allergies. It has alot of very good info and substituiting ingredients too.

My DD is 5 and has food allergies to milk, soy, wheat, eggs, peanuts and beef and loads of enviromental too. And she also can not eat tomato which will set her eczema off really bad. I am new to the wheat/gluten free shopping and it was really exhausting trying to figure this all out. The store owner also lent me the Gluten Free Bible book and I had also picked one up from the library so I have lots of reading to do! We are trying a different rice milk which I hope she won't mind this time.

So Please Please Please share any good recipes you have! Any ideas in general would be great!

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010 07:43:54 PM by MacesMeMe - Reason: FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN'T READ » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my kids reupholstered recliner
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=314248.0
zombie
hm. i'll fill this in when i think of something clever...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2010 11:24:11 AM »

Ooh, good thread. My 4 y.o. sister is on a gluten-free diet. Also, I found the Land o' Lakes pretty helpful and used a few of the recipes before. http://www.landolakes.com/mealideas/gluten-free-recipes.cfm They're all gluten-free

Gluten-Free Fudge

2 1/2 c. sugar
3/4 tsp. salt
1/2 stick butter or margarine
One 5 oz. can evaporated milk (2/3 c.)
1 Jar (7 1/2oz) Marshmallow Fluff
3/4 tsp. gluten free vanilla
One 12-oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life has some good ones. Dairy, soy, and gluten free)*
1/2 c. chopped walnuts (optional)

Combine the first 5 ingredients in a saucepan and stir over low heat until blended. Increase heat to Medium and bring to a boil.  Stir constantly for 5 minutes until. Remove from heat, stir in the rest of the ingredients. Add nuts. Turn into greased 9" square pan and cool. Makes 2 1/2 pounds.

*Can find at Kroger, Raley's, and Whole Foods stores
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BThans
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2010 10:19:40 PM »

I'm so glad to find some fellow gf crafters :-)

Here are some links that I've found:
Cookies
http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/blog/2010/04/21/gluten-free-maple-peanut-butter-cookies/
http://www.familyfreshcooking.com/blog/2010/05/06/raw-chocolate-peca-tarts-gluten-free/
Cake
http://www.elanaspantry.com/carrot-cake/

« Last Edit: June 05, 2010 03:13:24 PM by Troublet » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkapple
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2010 11:37:37 AM »

Thank you soooooo very much for this thread!!!!!!
Just Diagnosed with Celiac 2 weeks ago. So I am on the search for good products and substitutions. I have to agree about those "PAMELA'S" brownies....they are better than any mix I have tried including ones that were not gluten free...gotta love good brownies!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rishloo
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010 01:05:03 PM »

This is great! My friend just recently found out he's gluten-intolerant and this will be helpful to him Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethieB

Welcome to the nuthouse, enjoy your stay! :D

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2010 07:30:18 AM »

I love this thread so much!!  I just found out I more than likely have celiac - got the blood work done two weeks ago and have the appointment next week to find out.  In the mean time I've been trying to be as gluten free as possible and I have to say, I feel soooooo much better already, a lot less pain and am able to sleep better at night even, just because I am not hurting as badly as usual.  I will be bookmarking this and trying out the recipes asap, thanks for all the great information.

Also, I had no idea that this could affect anxiety/depression levels.  I have so many issues with both of those conditions, it is kind of fascinating to see the common thread between that and my digestive issues.  Thanks again for all the info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog: http://messymama.wordpress.com
Am taking a crafting/posting hiatus and formally withdrawing from all the CAL's I was in.  Need time to recharge and rewire.  But, I am still lurking and loving you guys like crazy, keep posting the amazing projects!!!  You all rock!
buffalogirl

Gotta love it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2010 03:58:00 PM »

I got this recipe off of Gluten Free Girls blog.. I made them for work and no one was the wiser.  They are a little on the sweet side, so you have been forewarned.  Also, on Gluten Free Girls blog uses white sugar but I changed mine and used brown sugar in it's place.  This is the recipe, copied from the blog. http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2006/10/yum-yum-peanut-butter.html

This is super easy, just keep in mind that you will be tempted to put these back in the oven because they will be very soft when you take them out (I was and that ='d the bad, as burnt peanut butter is not so yummy).  You will need to let them sit.

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

One cup creamy peanut butter
One cup brown sugar (one the blog it is white sugar instead of brown)
One teaspoon baking powder
One egg

Preheat the oven to 350.

Cream the peanut butter and sugar in a bowl. Beat in the baking powder. Add the egg. Mix until it is all well combined.

The dough will be sticky, so be prepared to get your hands messy. Roll some dough into a ball. (How big? That depends on you. I have found, however, that the smaller these cookies are, the better they hold together. Eat two instead of one!)

Bake in the oven for about ten minutes. You will know the cookies are done when they feel coherent, but still a little soft. Take the tray out of the oven and let the cookies rest for at least five minutes. Afterwards, carefully transfer them to a cooling rack. After ten minutes or so, they will have hardened.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ravishing Jane
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010 05:11:26 AM »

I just came across this thread and love reading everyone's recipe suggestions.  I've been gluten free for 3 years now and have had a 180 degree change in life as far as energy, depression, sleep, nasal allergies, moodiness, hives and stomach issues go. 

I am a dairy lover...  You always crave the things you can't eat right?  I wasn't able to stomach dairy for years before going GF, but after about a year of having no gluten in my system I was able to handle small amounts.  I can now eat a reasonable amount and am loving it.

I am a past lover...  After trying many different brands of GF pasta and making my own (insane work), my family has determined that Quinoa pasta is bomb-diggity.  Most people can't even tell that it's not a wheat pasta and it comes in a large variety of forms.  The texture is perfect.

It's great to see supermarkets becoming more and more GF friendly over the years.  When I had to cut out the gluten it was a lot harder to find anything worth eating.  Now Bisquick and Betty Crocker even have GF options on the shelf!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

to know about handmade, and not to support handmade, is not to know.
http://www.ravishingjane.com
monnie31
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2011 08:25:03 PM »

Lovin this thread!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011 03:30:43 PM »

I can't believe I haven't read this thread before! I am going gluten free, had my blood test monday to test for gluten intolerance. Regardless of the results I think I'm going to continue eating this way, I already feel so much better!

Here's an almond butter recipe I love, similar to the pb one a couple posts above but much less sugar (and in the form of agave). Can also be made with pb.

Clean Eating Almond Butter Cookies

1 cup almond butter (unsalted)
1/3 cup agave nectar (or honey)
1 egg
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. sea salt
1/2 semi-sweet chocolate chips

Pre-heat oven to 350′. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside. Mix all ingredients together and scoop onto cookie sheet with a tablespoon. Bake for 10-12 minutes, let rest for 5, then move to your plate or a wire rack to cool. Wrap in wax paper to freeze or enjoy them ASAP.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011 03:31:10 PM by MareMare » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Globalization of Hollywood
These Kids Reviewing Famous Paintings Are Our New Favorite Art Critics
A Post-Shakespearean World?
Is Shakespeare Still Relevant?
Behind The Scenes At Ringling Bros. Circus
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...