A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 297,720
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scandi Mei Tai and a Simply Sweet Twirly Skirt - IMGs  (Read 6808 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

iamblessed
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2008 03:37:31 PM »

Thanks so much!!  It looks HARD but when I do get some time, i wanna try it!!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2008 04:46:39 PM »

I have a great backpack for my baby that I got at a second hand shop. I got it for free when I took her old clothes in for credit. I love it more than the stroller because it leaves me hands free to take care of the other 3 kids. She loves it because she can see everything and be close to Mama.
I love that you made yours, and since mine has a metal frame, I have to check it at the gate when we travel. It looks as though yours can be stuffed into a travel bag. And it can be washed in a machine! Bravo! A great new thing.

The skirt is adorable. I love the fabric. My DH was looking over my shoulder and wants to tickle her toes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LoopedyLoop
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008 06:14:15 PM »

Craftewoman, I do love having my hands free. Especially since DD likes to try to buck herself out of the stroller anytime I stop. It's cute. Let me tell you.  Undecided That's sweet your DH said that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2008 07:21:00 AM »

I had a tomy baby backpack thing when soph was the same age a your dd, i wish I'd been able to make it myself- i would have saved myself a fortune! AND yours looks like it can be folded so I might have to try it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2008 09:12:55 AM »

Here's a tutorial I found:
http://www3.telus.net/public/a6a83106/Sling/sling.html
If you want to search out tutorials on Craftster, just put the item in the search field, and you'll get a list of posts. one of them may have your tute. This particular one had links for tutes for all kinds of baby stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2008 10:55:57 AM »

having looked around at tutes for beibeis, scandis and mei tais I think I'm gonna go for the mei tai.
all i need to do now is have a rifle through my bits box and see what I need and what I've got... I know i have the padding and body material, but the strap material may have to be bought- for this I'll be glad to pay for "proper" material rather than the jumble bags I normally get my material in lol!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jagger

The restless shall go and the faithful shall stay

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008 01:39:07 PM »

Awesome.  I had a fleece no-sew mei tai that my little guy outgrew last spring.  (He got too heavy, so he'd end up sagging down to my knees.)  I think I'll have to find some old jeans to make one like this so it doesn't stretch so much.  It's so much nicer to have him in a sling than a stroller, especially since I take the bus everywhere.

Good idea on using it for your vacation; when we went to Banff, the baby stayed in the ring sling the entire week.  They're really convenient.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe he won't fight."  "Will he bleed?  That's all we care about."

Is he willing but not able to prevent evil?  Then he is impotent.  Is he able but not willing?  Then he is malevolent.  Is he both able and willing?  Whence then is evil?  --Epicurus
_teacup_
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008 03:07:17 PM »

I love your fabric choices and she looks cozy (if a little puny--poor bird!). I have a MT and I carried my nearly two-year-old all over NYC in it. She slept through a lunch in Chinatown--on my back!

For people who are unaware: You can do front carries with little bitties!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
molly_bo_bolly
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008 05:00:10 PM »

Wow, I love both projects!!
The carrier looks not only comfy and secure, but what a beautiful fabric choice!!
Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\"Why are you gluing quarters to the floor?\" \"I don\'t have to explain my art to you, Warren.\"
psoupdesigns
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008 07:01:17 PM »

love your material, it turned out great! I made another style of wrap a few months ago when my DD was born, (like the moby) but it is too stretchy now that she is bigger. This one looks like it would work perfect... I can't wait to make one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sauteed Marinated Kebab Vegetables and Fruits Recipe
Budget Friendly Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Join the Club Sandwich Recipe
Egg in the Nest Breakfast Recipe
Quick Lunch BLT Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...