A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,715
Currently Running With Scissors:
794 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I LOVE MY POPPET GALLERY!  (Read 23747 times)
Tags for this thread: poppet  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

annamhudson
Love, Laugh, Live, Craft!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2008 02:15:00 PM »

Wow! Everything looks awesome! Is that the original poppet?

YES!! Grin

You are one lucky swapper!

I know!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
irasema

I'm creative - you can't expect me to be neat too!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #121 on: February 22, 2008 02:55:53 PM »

I love ALL the poppet goodies!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WIST | BLOG | pintrest
dont mind me.... i'm rather random
SugarySweet
« Reply #122 on: February 22, 2008 03:04:41 PM »

annamhudson, oh what a lovely package of goodies!!

I love that red and black dress.

I can't wait to see all the pictures of what came today. I am bummed that the package I sent did not get delivered today.  I hope it will be there tomorrow. I really want to post pictures.  Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #123 on: February 22, 2008 03:17:13 PM »

I got the BEST package EVER from MK today!!!

I didn't get pics of the box or anything cuzz I was too excited to think of the camera!
Here is the great extras she sent me: Some freezer paper, some buttons for jointing, some great alova suede in flesh color! and a giant doll jointing needle! I need all of that stuff too. Now I just have to decide what poppet I want to make next!

Okay on to the most beautiful poppet ever (okay at least I think so cuzz she's mine  Grin)
Her name is Fable. MK wrote a great story about the poppets. I'll post it separately after the pics.

Fable is the snow sprite. She has a white winter coat with fur. It even has a tail hole and ear holes too. Underneath she has a cute white halter dress with sparkles and a flower. She is holding what looks like a dragon fly...... Until you take off her coat and see that it is actually her wings!!!!

Here is a close up of her beautiful eyes, they shimmer with some gold and silvery blue and her eyelashes even have sparkles in them.

Here is Fable's other dress. She decided she wanted to sit on the mailbox outside my house. The fabric has little mushrooms on it. It laces up the back like a corset!

I have a ton more pics, but I will probably post them later on the poppet photography thread!
She is gorgeous and I love her MK. She is going to look beautiful in my library when I get it done!
Thank you MK! You Rock!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

daina

There should be a twelve step program for crafting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: February 22, 2008 03:25:32 PM »

Fable is gorgeous!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SugarySweet
« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2008 03:26:29 PM »

AlwaysInspired, she is gorgeous. I love all the white and the white hair on the skin color alova is so pretty.

Awesome job MK.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Malibukasey
If your stomach feels weak then, my work here is done

(::) (::)

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2008 03:27:36 PM »

Cry Seeing her makes my heart melt!!! I am glad she is in a good loving home!!! You took great pics!! I can't wait to see more!!!

Holy Gack Monkeythumb!!! That was a pretty neat package!! I think I will have to rip the whole "steampunk" idea! I love steampunk and followed the posts in the steampunk swap they had like a month or two ago!

Ghilie, you spoiler!!! Great package as well!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2008 03:29:09 PM »

Okay here is the story MK wrote to go with my poppet, Fable!
I figured I'd post it here because it did come with my package.

In a land not on this Earth there was a villiage that Poppets inhabited. Their land didn't have seasons induced by the Earth spinning and axis tilt. Their seasons were brought on by Sprites and Fairies of the Four Canopies. The four sprites were known as Karma, Clover, Soliel, and Fable.

Clover was the sprite that brought on the flowers and hummingbirds of spring. She guides the rains down to the villiages and helps things grow every new year. She closes off her season by introducing spring into summer and with the first opening of a sunflower, then leaves the rest of it in the hands of Soliel.

Soliel is the warm, rambunctious sprite that brings sun-kissed faces and warm summer fun to the land of Poppets. She closes her season with the first red leaf to signal Karma that her season has just begun.

Karma is the sprite of Autumn. She delivers the beautiful colors of the Earth to every Poppet. The smell of fall leaves and the crisp air they feel is the wonderful work of Karma. You know her work is finished when she lays a bed of the first frost. Then comes Fable.

Fable is the sprite of Winter. She brings all of the shapely snowflakes and light reflecting icicles. She drops a white canopy of delicate fluffy glitter all across the land, to be much enjoyed by all the Poppet children and sledding families. She ends her season with the melt of snow and when the first mushroom sprouts is the sign that Clover is now to take over once again.

Isn't it just great!
O and just by fate I happen to be making Clover as a gift for my Mom!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SugarySweet
« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2008 03:36:22 PM »

I love that poppet story.

Ohhhh...I can see each of them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #129 on: February 22, 2008 03:37:00 PM »

Holy cow! I just want to cry from sheer joy! Everything is so awesome!!! I'm glad I got my stuff out first. I feel so out crafted. MT I know we're not supposed to demand tutes, but those boots are so awesome. So I'm pleading, please can we have a pattern/ tute?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 32 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Get The Best Coral Lips
The Best & Worst Celebrity Beauty Looks Of The Week
CM Cia.Maritima Summer 2015 Miami - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Caffe Swimwear Summer 2015 Miami - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
How to Create Bronzed Summer Makeup
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...