A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 298,239
Currently Running With Scissors:
695 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sentiment Box swap  (Read 299 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

craftybernie
« on: February 15, 2008 09:40:55 AM »

I would love to do a sentiment box swap. 

My interpretation of a sentiment box is something between a handmade greeting card in a box and a mini scrapbook.  There's an example of a box here

Topic/theme could be anything from a forthcoming event (wedding, baby, etc..) to a simple reflection on life, love, childhood, marriage, work, school, kids, pets etc.. 

Perhaps it could be something made specifically for their partner, or something that their partner could use to send on to a friend etc.. (such as their partner's birthday, or a friend's wedding)

Maybe somebody is down in the dumps with the winter doldrums and needs a pick me up or a bit of 'sunshine' in a box!  Or perhaps it would be a keepsake with space for the receiver to record special sentiments or achievements and even a photo or two.

There would be no extras allowed in the package and pals can only send one sentiment box.  This should be made from stash preferably to keep costs down and if there's no extras it would therefore be light on postage too.

It wouldn't necessarilly be restricted to card making/scrapbooking supplies - book binders might have fun with this, or even fiber artists could make their own fabric, felt, knit or crochet books with pockets for handwritten notes etc. 

The boxes don't have to be complicated.  A simple slider with a sleeve is all you need!

I'm new to the papercrafts board (I'm usually hanging out in the fiber boards) and perhaps this has been discussed as a possible swap before. Or maybe not.  But I do love papercrafting, it's where I started out on this crazy crafting journey I'm on and I enjoy making small boxes and cards within cards. They're great for birthday's and everything else come to think of it!

Anyway, just thought I would throw it out there.  Now be gentle...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
White Balance Corrective Gels
The Film Lab - Mixing Sources
Welcome to the Film Lab
Gestures in Silent Films
What Colour Temperature Is
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...