A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,024
Currently Running With Scissors:
411 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need ideas for my 50's pink and black tiled bathroom!  (Read 4829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

**sweetbottom**
« on: February 14, 2008 06:45:28 PM »

DH and I are buying our first house--yay!

So we have an interesting bathroom. The tile is in really good shape and the floors are in good shape too so there isnt really a need to replace them but they seem to clash. what can I do to make it look cute? I could do a theme or I was thinking of adding some nice framed black and white art/photography(though there isnt much wall space).  I want it to look nice (we have some brushed stainless steel stuff) -- please dont suggest pink flamingos and i dont want it to have a 50s theme either.  Smiley we are planning on replacing the light fixtures but any other suggestions would be appreciated!

This is when you first enter the bathroom, to the left of the sink.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jshires

Bye bye boys! Have fun storming the castle!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008 06:57:44 PM »

I love pink black and white together. I always think of Paris. chanel and poodles and of course the eiffel tower. Maybe you could do some kind of glam Parisian theme...through towels, accessories, pics, if you can (not sure because of the tile) paint an outline of the tower on a wall Here's an inspiration pic, to give you an idea...It might be too girly for your husband, but then again probably anything you do with the pink would be too girly  Wink

http://www.paperbean.com.au/blog/pinkshadesbathroom.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<3 Jessi~La

"People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; Never throw out anyone." ~Audrey Hepburn
My Wists
My Blog
Love2dance14
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008 07:25:19 PM »

I was going to suggest sort of the same thing, my friend has her bathroom done in pink and her shower curtain and all her accessories have like shoes and purses and stuff on it, with eiffel towers, etc. that would be really girly though Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
AGFH
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008 08:28:04 PM »

Looking to google I found this: All you would really have to do is paint the walls a creamier color and add the artwork and accessories:
http://holanarchitects.com/img/holan_bath_lead.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I was off to save the world....until I was distracted by something shiny.
Credu.Afon
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008 09:00:01 AM »

I was thinking maybe painting the walls a light pink and have thin black stripes of paint going from top to bottom..I say thin so its not over welming but brings it more together. and I like the idea of black and white photos maybe to go around. And maybe stencil some designs on to some of the tiles.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafty gurll
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008 11:37:11 AM »

I have 50's tile in my kitchen(green & black).  I played up the black with black and white photos, black picture frames, plants in black pots, etc.  That seemed to class it up because 50's isn't my style either.  You could try working with the black instead of the pink, maybe go for an asian theme?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kestrel5287
I like exclamation points

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008 05:14:08 PM »

wow jshires!  I love that bathroom!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Personal Touches - http://Krystal.canduru.com
**sweetbottom**
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008 10:30:45 AM »

i really like all of the ideas! unfortunately we havent moved in yet (1 more week!) so i cant do anything to it yet, but maybe i will post some after pictures later.

any more ideas are welcome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flying_babyb
Monkey Queen

Monkey QUEEN

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008 12:34:05 PM »

My god, its gorgeus! All it needs is new light fixtures with either pink or black. Black with pink trim? DONT get rid of the  pink and black or the light blue wall. Ditch the floor. Paint the window casing black. Get a pink center for your Tp holder just for the contrast. the cabinate would be very hot if it were solid black with pink. Paint the sink alcove blue. I would go with a blue, black, pink theme.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Monkey girl
sew.sweet.chic
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008 01:35:19 PM »

Vintage boudoir/pin-up framed art would look cute and be kind of cheeky for a bathroom. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create Retro Hairstyles
Wedding Hair Inspiration: Hollywood Curls
Ponytails of Summer: Twist and Turn
Ponytails of Summer: Fishtail Ponytail
How to Get an Undone Updo
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Patriotic Planter
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...