A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,040
Currently Running With Scissors:
685 Guests and 39 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Feminists are Awesome Swap! (Sign-Ups: CLOSED; Send 4/1/08)  (Read 8558 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2008 06:32:00 AM »

11 days until we have partners! Yay!

When you say it like that, it seems like forever!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
LauraCore
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2008 08:28:16 AM »

True! I'm sorry. I just have so many ideas for this swap. Feminisim is such a broad topic so there is so much to do for it.

Speaking of vaginas. I'm going to see the Vagina Monologues this weekend! Yay! My University puts it on every year and this year I helped organize it so I get in free! Next year I might direct/ "act" in it for course credit. So anyway I'm sure this production will give me even more ideas of crafty stuff to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the jenya

Ink is my perfume.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008 09:22:39 AM »

True! I'm sorry. I just have so many ideas for this swap. Feminisim is such a broad topic so there is so much to do for it.

Speaking of vaginas. I'm going to see the Vagina Monologues this weekend! Yay! My University puts it on every year and this year I helped organize it so I get in free! Next year I might direct/ "act" in it for course credit. So anyway I'm sure this production will give me even more ideas of crafty stuff to make.

The university near me also puts it on every year as well as the local theater troupes put it on all the way until March! That's some crazy vagina time. Or should I say va-j-j.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Library

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs.
Liralera

Crafty and Musical

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2008 12:03:48 PM »

Oh my! I am too! Maybe we're going to the same place? It's going to be at a university... how strange.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LauraCore
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2008 12:54:48 PM »

[/quote]

Oh my! I am too! Maybe we're going to the same place? It's going to be at a university... how strange.
[/quote]

AHHH!! That would be so awesome! I would love to know another Feminist crafter here in TOLEDO...eh? eh? Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Liralera

Crafty and Musical

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2008 12:56:10 PM »

Oh dang. Mine is in Illinois. =P That sucks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sin esperanza
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2008 03:19:56 PM »

oooh i want to join!  it's good to see another one of these... thanks for organising the jenya.  xx
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I hate handing over money for what I could just as easily do myself, it makes me nervous.  ~Sylvia Plath

My STS 33

Altered Fairy Tales Swap
LauraCore
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2008 06:32:12 PM »

Illinois is kind of near Toledo......ok so not to much but still! We are va jay jay pals none the less. My favorite skit is "My Short Skirt."

Also, Esperanza is right. Jenya thanks for organizing this bunch of Feminists! You are a hero to me.

I just realized this swap is going on at the perfect time: Women's History Month in March. Am I a n00b for not realizing that until now? I think doing some hardcore feminist crafting will really help me get in the mood! I will be attending events like crazy but this year I am hosting a few in the community as well as just for me. I am hosting a dinner party in march where my friends and I will drink some wine, watch the political debates and then we are going to watch a film on Riot Grrl. 

"When she talks, I hear the revolution
In her hips, there's revolution
When she walks, the revolutions coming
In her kiss, I taste the revolution"
10 crafty points if you can name this tune
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Liralera

Crafty and Musical

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2008 06:35:09 PM »

Illinois is kind of near Toledo......ok so not to much but still! We are va jay jay pals none the less. My favorite skit is "My Short Skirt."

Too true! Va jay jay pals, indeed. =) It's been awhile since I've read the Vagina Monolouges, but definately I remember the ones about older women the most, and also the one about lesbians. I can't remember what they're all called, but I remember I was in awe of my own vagina when I read them! It was an awesome experience, and I'm very excited to actually see this on stage.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
HHjamie
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2008 06:37:41 PM »

I'm already doing two swaps, but I HAVE to do this one! I'll be sending in my PM tonight! Smiley

Yea for feminists!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Steve
How to Draw Squidward
How to Draw Stan Smith (American Dad)
How to Merge Blend Modes in Photoshop
Sharpening Photos For Both Web and Print
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...