A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,163
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: How to Decorate...  (Read 1871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« on: February 14, 2008 11:41:51 AM »

...take-out containers for the candy buffet?

They look like this:
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1785639/2/istockphoto_1785639_chinese_take_out_container.jpg

and are the small size.  I feel like they may need jazzing up, but nothing too labor intensive since we have to do about a hundred.  We have no monogram but toyed with the idea of stamping daisies (the flower we're using for bouquets and centerpieces), making daisy stickers, having a stamp made with "love is sweet" or our names and the date or something of that nature, or just tying a ribbon around the handle.  

Anybody have any ideas?  Should I just leave well enough alone and keep them plain?  What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012 02:30:55 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please do not hotlink images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
pharmgirl
Handmaker of all things!

I like makin' stuff. :)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008 11:54:41 AM »

This is a pretty cute idea (scroll down the page):  http://www.jcarolinecreative.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=JC&Screen=GIFTWRAP
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008 11:56:39 AM »

i love the look of that, but it wouldn't work (i think) since we're going to have to have the boxes open for people to put their candy in (and so that they stack and don't take up a crazy ton of room).

thanks for the suggestion, though!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008 11:56:56 AM by ruby_soho » THIS ROCKS   Logged

strawberrieshk
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008 12:23:54 PM »

I like to paint, "stickeracize", ribbon, and bedazzle mine up!! They sell already decorated ones at CVS & Target for like .25 to $1... I like to get my inspiration from those..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hi
TaraTot
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008 12:30:22 PM »

I think stickers would be the easiest way to go.  You could tie a ribbon around the handles and slide it to the side so they can still stack.  Or you could do a tag with a daisy on one side and your names/date on the other side.

Stamping those at an angle would be odd and aren't they kind of slick?  They might smudge...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*MAR*
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008 05:48:22 PM »

This is what we did, just a bunch of ribbon, and thank you stickers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008 11:16:29 AM »

mar, those are adorable... could you open 'em up with the ribbon on?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2008 11:49:05 AM »

NO! Sadly. But, you could just do the ribbon up to the top of the container. We just bought double-sided tape in bulk (Sam's Club), and used that to attach the ribbon. One layer of ribbon, with double-sided tape, just up to the top (so it didn't go over the lid), would be fairly easy.

What are your colours again? Painting a simple, elegant stripe on them, and incorporating a "thank you" sticker, would be pretty quick too. It is a shame they aren't flat first, that would make stamping them really easy, and you could do an effective assembly line in one afternoon. But, mine had a bit of waxy coating on them, that may have lead to smearing (unless you use "Stayz-On", or another perm ink pad.).

Sorry to think "aloud", just brainstorming.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008 12:47:10 PM »

the colors are red, white, and silver... i don't have many extras so i think i'd like to stay away from anything that could smudge  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008 01:20:13 PM »

Darnit, I left all my extra Chinese take-out boxes at DH's aunt's in Michigan, where we used them for our second reception. I just couldn't bear the thought of bringing home more STUFF to our already wedding-explosion style apartment. Otherwise, I could totally do some testing for you.

If limited amounts of testing materials are available, you may consider designing a pretty printable design, with text, and then printing them on your home 'puter, and sticking them on the boxes. Very simple and elegant.

Paper Source has some lovely coloured, oval shaped and differently shaped sticker seals, that would look very pretty on these boxes. You can DEFINITELY use a rubber stamp on these seals, and they won't smudge. Start with a pretty printed monogram and date, and then hand stamp each with a pattern, let dry, and then apply to your boxes.

http://www.paper-source.com/cgi-bin/paper/new/labels_stickers.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Designer Launches Rooster Shoes
Let Olivia Palermo, Jessica Alba, and More Be Your Guide to Getaway Style
Who Rocked The Zuhair Murad Frock: Padma Lakshmi Vs. Alessandra Ambrosio?
Must See Winter Fashion Trends
Invest in a Cold-Weather Vest Right Now
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...