A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 302,968
Currently Running With Scissors:
500 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yet another "52" reasons book (pics added IMG OBESE)  (Read 365091 times)
Tags for this thread: playing_cards , 52_reasons  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sookie74
« on: February 14, 2008 09:23:17 AM »

x-posted from craftgrrl

For this Valetine's day, I decided to make one of those "52 things i love about you" books. Only, my boyperson and I have been dating about a year and a half and we dont say that "L" word. It's just not in our vocab. But I simply adore him and I thought he should know. I made him a 52 things I LIKE about you book instead Smiley

Decided to use the glue stick onto playing cards instead of using cardstock. It makes some of the pages look really "busy" but I like it better. I also binded it with ribbon, but I'm not sure how sturdy that is. I may change it before I give it to him tomorrow.

There are obviously a ton of pics so I'm only posting my faves.

Hope you like! And thanks for the inspiration!

he absolutely HATES 80s music and I love the simplicity of it. He's a musician so he's uber-critical of cheesey synth-pop! Smiley

one thing that's important to me in a relationship is that you don't get TOO comfortable with the person. I lived with my ex- for 6 1/2 years and ended up being more like a roommate. He farted, did the dutch oven, took a dump while i brushed my teeth, peed on me in the shower.... all kinds of nasty stuff. So when the new boy and I got together we agreed not to let it get like that. The attraction has only grown, so I think it works. It's cute though cuz he runs outside when he has to fart! Our joke is that we don't want to "change the realtionship". So when he has to fart or take a dump, he says "be right back, gotta change the relationship!" hehe

he's actually got gorgeous blue eyes Wink

my favorite one!  before i met him, he was clean shaven and kept his hair super short cuz he thought that's what girls liked. I prefer scruffy and shaggy and he loves the fact that he doesn't have to try to look good anymore Smiley

he's Spanish (both parents are from Spain) but he was born and did most of his schooling in England so he's got the British accent. It's weird to say he's Spanish when he sounds British :p

Everyone who meets him likens him to Hugh Grant. Not only because of the accent, but also the blue eyes/brown hair and the way he fumbles when he speaks. He's all bumbling fool and it's endearing. The joke at the bottom is cuz when I rib him for thinking some chick is hot he'll say "oh she's UGLY!" ya right!

here's a pic of us Smiley

Also, I want to give major props to all the folks before me, here and on craftgrrl, who have made books like this and posted their stuff!  I love seeing everybody's versions of these books! Smiley Y'all inspire me and that is why I love both of these craft communities Smiley

Happy Valentine's Day!

(edit)  I was going to add the rest of the pics but there are just SOOO many!!  So here's a link to my photobucket instead. You can see the rest there to get an idea of the other things that were in the book. Smiley  http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v298/sookie74/fun%20pics/

« Last Edit: February 10, 2009 10:49:30 PM by sookie74 - Reason: EDITED TO ADD PICS :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008 09:28:38 AM »

V.Cool to all these dif 52 reason posts!  Love the dif pics!  I like how you showed some more of the inards!
Sookie, you look like a lucky girl!  He def is hotter than Hugh Grant, (who I think is sexy!).  He kinda reminds me of McSteamy (?) from Grey's Anatomy!

And he's def a lucky guy too!  I hope all the recipiants in these little books realize how lucky they are!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008 09:29:45 AM by nomij » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pamdelangel
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008 09:30:25 AM »

that's adorable! I can't wait to start on this project for the hubby Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008 09:34:01 AM »

i like your 52 reasons book tons... the best parts, IMO are the pics and the different fonts you used Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
dishwasher182
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008 09:40:45 AM »

thats really cute Smiley I love how you tied the ribbon
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sookie74
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008 09:43:52 AM »

V.Cool to all these dif 52 reason posts!  Love the dif pics!  I like how you showed some more of the inards!
Sookie, you look like a lucky girl!  He def is hotter than Hugh Grant, (who I think is sexy!).  He kinda reminds me of McSteamy (?) from Grey's Anatomy!

And he's def a lucky guy too!  I hope all the recipiants in these little books realize how lucky they are!

thank you!!  I definitely think he's hotter Smiley and I LOVE hugh grant!!!
I think these books are great gifts. I think any guy/girl would love to receive one Smiley

i like your 52 reasons book tons... the best parts, IMO are the pics and the different fonts you used

thank you! There's actually one in the back that's all text and says "you are sexy" the font I used is called group sex. So it's all these stick figures in different sexual positions! haha
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008 09:45:31 AM by sookie74 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

justusetape
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008 09:54:49 AM »

very cool. i think i will make one for hubby. i LOVE that you used LIKE. i will use it too. for us, I LOVE YOU is automatic, my husband and i say it all the time without even thinking. but saying I LIKE YOU is more meaningful and important.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008 12:46:53 PM »

Very cute, and I also think your honey is way hotter than Hugh Grant.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sookie74
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008 12:51:44 PM »

haha of course I would agree. That's not even a great pic of him. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

testingtime

Yay, wolves! x3

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008 12:57:41 PM »

Those are so sweet!! You two look so cute together too. Great job on the cards! I like how you found a picture for each one. =)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008 12:58:39 PM by testingtime » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Classic Gin Martini Recipe
The Perfect Recipe For Stuffing, From Trisha Yearwood
My Favorite Christmas Dinner, Trisha Yearwood
How to Make Orange Cranberry Muffins
Eggnog Monte Cristos: Outside the Box
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...