A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,910
Currently Running With Scissors:
416 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spice up your Kitchen Swap (Signups Closed) Sendouts by 3/25  (Read 29901 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maiziemama
« on: February 13, 2008 02:21:24 PM »

Swap name:  Spice up your Kitchen Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  maiziemama
Sign-up date range:  Feb 13-Feb 25
Date to send item by:  March 25

Limited to a certain number of people?: No!

Restricted to people who all live in the same country? NO

All ages allowed? Yes - under 18 please get parental permission

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:yes
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:
If you love your kitchen, this is the swap for you! Anything kitchen goes! Recipe cards, aprons, pot holders, all kitchen, all the time. This is a swap of Kitchen goodies You will craft One large item, 1 medium item AND 1 small items crafted plus maybe a few non crafted extra goodies!!

What constitutes a large, medium or small item:  Think of a timeline, a large item is time consuming like a set of 4 placemats or a super cool apron, medium item could be a pair of oven mitts  - smalls could be potholders, hotpads, coasters or dishcloths things that aren't quite so time and cost intensive.  Most of all, communicate with your partner!

Other swap requirements

1) Good communication!  Swappers must post at least 2 times to board during crafting time...just so we know you are around and thinking about this swap!!

2)  Post one inspirational picture of your kitchen or items from your kitchen so we can all be inspired by your style!!

So to wrap it up : One Large,  1 Medium, 1 small + a few small goodies = swap requirements

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address including the country?
Would you be willing to ship to an address outside your own country?

What would you like to receive in this swap?
Anything you don't want to get at all?
Do you have any food aversions or allergies?
Are you Vegetarian or Omnivore?
Do you have any allergies such as smoke, cats, etc?
Do you smoke or have pets?
Do you want crocheted, knitted, sewn or any and all is great?
Is there something you secretly always wanted for your kitchen but just never got it?
Does your kitchen have a theme?
Describe your personal style.
Favorite or least favorite colors?
Do you have access to a camera for posting/taking pics?

Questions your partner will not see but I will take in to consideration..

Are you planning on spoiling your partner or sticking to the guidelines?
What would you like to make in this swap? Okay, that I know can and probably will change but there might be someone something that you really love to make or want to make...

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO ORGANIZER VIA PRIVATE MESSAGE AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE - but please reply here so you can keep updated!

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

ATTENTION:
I WILL NOT TOLERATE NON COMMUNICATION OR FLAKING! YOU MUST PROVIDE A DC NUMBER WHEN YOU MAIL OUT IF WITHIN THE US.  IF NOT, THE CUSTOMS NUMBER OFF THE RECEIPT OR PROOF OF MAIL OUT!  COMMUNICATE! 

Feedback will be given in the following manner:
1) Positive: Great Swapper, Great communications: there were no problems whatsoever.
2) Positive: Sent Early: obvious
3) Positive: Sent Late with Great Communication: You told me you were going to send late before or on the date of send outs. (i didnt have to hunt you down)
4) Positive: Sent Late with Bad Communication: You didnt tell me you were going to send late until the day after the send outs or after that or i had to hunt you down.
5) Positive: No DCN or Proof of mailout: obvious
6) Positive: Great swapper, problems with communications: you did great swapping but didnt PM me when you mailed out and/or recieved
7) Flaked - gets negative feedback.

Rules:
1. Craftsters MUST communicate with each other - at least in the beginning to acknowledge their partners, and at the end to reassure them that their packages are on the way. If you think you're having trouble, or are unsure, PM ME!!!

2. Also I need you to PM me when you send your pacakge and when you receive your yours.

3. If you're going to be late in sending, or are having any trouble at all, please let me know.. .. .be nice to your fellow Craftster, and keep them aware of your situation.  We all have lives outside of our craftroom and are pretty forgiving!

4. If you've never swapped before, please read the Swaps Info Guide.

5.  Please post up pics in the gallery take pics before you send out if you can just in case a.)  package lost in transit and b.) your swap partner doesnt have access to a camera. Please let me know ahead of time if you do not have access to a camera.  I will try to not put two cameraless people together we all LOVE seeing what everyone gets!

6.  Thoughts on shipping - I am a stickler for proof of sending. If you are in the US - you MUST get a dc #.  If you are in the US and are sending outside the country - you MUST send me your customs number.  If you are outside the US - and you get a customs number send it along but please keep your receipt!!  You don't need to scan and send it to me unless it goes MIA which I really hope won't happen during our swap!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

maiziemama
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008 02:26:07 PM »

***reserved for sign up list and partners***

1) quilted
2) sajona
3) bigfatroses
4)kiwi-chickie
5)
6)seaofstars
7) Kitten Wrangler
8 )mimiw
9) pinkleo
10) zelda.suicide
11) Mommythemaid
12) calsters
13)psoupdesigns
14)hellobint
15)loopylamb
16)mararara
17)SampsonsLynnie
18) maiziemama (organizer)
19) kawaiiholic
20) glamis
21) frosty772
22)buckeyebeadgir
23)antarcticraft

sent
received
sent and received
sending late, with communication
sending late, poor communication -- PM your organizer!

feedback left

PARTNERS:

Seaofstars---> loopylamb
pinkleo--> mimiw
SampsonsLynnie--> Zelda.suicide
Mommythemaid-->Frosty772
Bigfatroses-->kawaiiholic
glamis--> quilted
maiziemama--> sajona
antarcticraft-->buckeyebeadgirl
hellobint--> maramara
calsters--> psoupdesigns
Kiwi-chickie--> Kitten Wrangler
« Last Edit: April 28, 2008 02:13:36 PM by maiziemama » THIS ROCKS   Logged

quilted
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008 03:22:34 PM »

I'm so excited for this swap! Just sent in the questionnaire  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Try my free mobile health apps for the military community (and civilians too!): https://t2health.org/products/mobile-apps
sajona
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008 04:12:18 PM »

ohh same here - took a bit of filling in! I hope I put enough info. Are we meant to put photos of our kitchens on this thread straightaway? Will need some serious tidying first LOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
bettflow
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008 04:21:05 PM »

OH WOW!!!  LOVE MAKING KITCHEN STUFF:))  I really want to join this one, but waiting a little bit.  Want to make sure my Fibro quits acting up so bad so I'll feel more like crafting (mainly crocheting:))
bettflow
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maiziemama
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008 09:12:19 PM »

Are we meant to put photos of our kitchens on this thread straightaway? Will need some serious tidying first LOL!

Post a picture whenever you feel like it!!  It doesn't neccessarily need to be a pic of you whole kitchen, maybe just something from your kitchen  ( your favorite bowl, tool, or potholder etc) that will exemplify your style or theme for your kitchen. 

Lord knows my kitchen is never that tidy!!  I am constantly tripping over magnets my toddler has thrown all over the floor in front of the fridge, or rolling my ankle on the tupperware he's strewn out of "his" cupboard!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

seaofstars
sew serious

mmmmm... fabric!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008 10:58:16 PM »

Yay for the kitchen swap!  Grin Just sent in my info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy Shop
http://sewserious.etsy.com

Blog
Blog Giveaway happening right now! Ends Monday, March 7th. Stop by for details on how to win a free zipper pouch!
http://sewserious.blogspot.com
bettflow
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008 11:31:45 PM »

Ok......I give in:)))  Can't stand it any longer, lol.  Just sent my questionaire in.
This just looks like too much fun:))
Hugs,
bettflow
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kiwi-Chickie

I am a hippy at heart...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008 05:50:49 AM »

Just sent mine in!

I am excited.  Grin Grin Grin (love these cool icons btw)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sajona
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008 08:54:13 AM »

ok here goes....
I have a big kitchen - after many years of tiny ones we got a smallish detached house a few years ago and I got to design the extension where I could specify the kitchen from scratch. It is never normally this tidy but I used it as an excuse to do a spring clean today..

you can see the gap above the cooker where the clock was - it stopped working last week and I'd love a retro 50s clock to take it's place! Also my teapot that needs a cosy.

My lovely Rangemaster cooker and my kitchenaid. My oven gloves are looking very tatty so would love some new ones!

The oak dresser in the corner containing the nice china - I have a nearly full set of cornish blue polka dot from the 1950s - from my MIL.
Its a very light room as it has full length glass doors to the garden and the ones you see in the first picture. The only corner not photographed is the one with the scruffy sofa and radiator - plus assorted toys and 6 year old still in his pjs at 4pm!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 34 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Wash Long Hair
How to Grow Very Long Hair Faster
Best Long Layered Haircuts for Thin Hair
The Best Long Hairstyles for Fine Hair
How to Condition Long Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...