A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,145
Currently Running With Scissors:
376 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fat girl/guy swap round 5 (CLOSED, Sendouts April 14)  (Read 22101 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008 01:29:17 AM »

Fat Fancy sounds like an wonderful place! I see vintage patterns I adore but they all seem to be a 35" bust and 23" waist  Shocked Shocked Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
tiffie1023
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008 07:55:09 AM »

that sounds totally amazing.  i'm super into vintage clothes and pinup girls, and it's so hard to find cute vintage clothing  that fits!  you guys aren't opening in ky are you!?   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

personal swaps are my favorite

wists! http://www.wists.com/tiffie1023
sarahswingset
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2008 06:43:14 PM »

we are hoping to get a physical store in portland, or, but i am also going to be the "ebay girl" in the next couple of weeks and am trying to post some hella cute vintage and new bigger clothes that we've found at thrift stores in town and have had donated by some amazing people (including some mega cute clothes we just got from beth ditto of the gossip!! which makes me super nerdy and star struck because i love her sassy fat girl attitude and she makes amazing music) and also i am working on some projects for the shop (which i am totally going to try out for this swap!) onto the internet to make cute fat people clothing accessible to everyone.  if you guys are interested in updates, there is a myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/fatfancy 

sorry, i am totally not trying to advertise, but just sharing some cool things i like, so i hope it's ok to give that info!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

janelleleigh
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2008 05:13:22 PM »

i'm thinking about joining this swap but i think maybe i'm not as proud as i should be in order to do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tiffie1023
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2008 07:46:00 PM »

you know...i think as long as you support positive body image.....you should be okay.  i mean for me i think this swap is really about saying "i'm me and that's okay." totally cheesy therapist speak....i apologize, but i think it applies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2008 12:10:57 AM »

for me i think this swap is really about saying "i'm me and that's okay."

and so say all of us!  Grin

janelleleigh - you don't have to receive things with "fat pride" and a chunky rainbow on them  Wink Just think about it.... there's nobody going to say "I reconned this HUGE XL t-shirt into a ballgown each for me and 2 of my sisters" when we're here thinking "OMG I'm a 2XL all by myself"  Wink Grin Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2008 04:23:49 AM »

I think Kookoaloo's got the right idea there...
It really IS more about positive body image. I've been in the last two rounds and loved it. One of my partners was about the same size as me, one was smaller. And I know some of the girls are bigger than me. What we're saying is that it doesn't matter. As long as you can love you for you. God knows, I want to lose a bit of weight; it's a goal for a lot of us, but loving yourself through it is important too.
None of us are ever going to be, like, a size 2, where we CAN take that XL men's shirt and make it into a dress - we'll take that same shirt and turn it into a better shirt lol.
Also, when swapping with other girls of similar size, you'll often find that you won't get the "oh, really? your waist is HOW big?" question if someone decides they want to craft you a skirt, or similar item. We're all used to using a good amount of supplies (and often better quality because cheapie fabrics don't work as well on curvier bodies) and feel no shame in it.

If you're wanting to join us, I say go for it. Don't let your lack of fat girl pride get in the way. Just be happy with who you are right now Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008 01:46:47 PM by jezebel_1982 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kookaloo_Starr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2008 04:30:48 AM »

I've had partners in other swaps where their waist was smaller than my thighs *lol* and my legs are one of my GOOD bits  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 in '14
tiffie1023
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2008 06:05:39 AM »

i remember discovering that my best friends waist and my thigh were the same dia. around.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jezebel_1982
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2008 01:47:51 PM »

YAY!!!

sign-ups opened today, and we already have four beautiful, curvy chicks to welcome!
Glad to see you all have made it Smiley Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Macromedia Flash 8 - Working with the Pen Tool
Macromedia Flash 8 - Comparing Vectors and Bitmaps
Macromedia Flash 8 - Introduction to Drawing with Vectors
Macromedia Flash 8 - Using Outline Mode, Layer Folders and Properties
Macromedia Flash 8 - Customizing Keyboard Shortcuts and Locking Layers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...