A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 305,036
Currently Running With Scissors:
473 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic cards tote *pic heavy*  (Read 2329 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

poe poe
« on: February 11, 2008 02:09:06 PM »

My husband plays the card game Magic. When we go out of town, he is always taking his cards with him. So for Christmas, I made him a custom magic card tote. He LOVED it! I was pretty happy, because it took forever to complete. But I am really happy with the finished product. I copied the backs of magic cards and decoupaged a lunch box, and a card tin for his counters n' such.

I also made up some fake cards to decorate the box. I scanned a card, added my own picture and changed the text to something funny that describes him.  Here's an example (He's also real big into video games) It's the best I could do with my limited knowledge of paint, I think they turned out pretty good.

I also drilled a hole in a 20 sided die, and added it as a charm on the side he can use as a life counter.

On the inside I made dividers to separate his different decks, and the counter box I made. On the inside of the lid, I decoupaged a magnet to look like a card to hold an occasional rare card or trade, untill he adds it to a deck. It looks very realistic. when he saw it he was trying to figure out why this card was stuck to the lid. voila my husband's Christmas gift!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
dcoyote
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008 02:46:02 PM »

I love it! I know way to many Magic players that would freak for it. The gamer card is the best.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pearlgirl10
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008 02:50:42 PM »

I, who also has a magic loving husband, am very impressed.  I showed it to him and he asked me why I didn't make him one. Smiley  And I love the player card.  Awsome job!!

*I thought my husband was the only old person who played this.  Anytime I see anyone play, they are all kids... Oh well...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maldania
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008 03:40:08 PM »

I have to say that I don't really understand this whole Magic thing, but this box is awesome! Much better than the rubber bands and binders my guy friends used to use!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spooky.kitty
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008 04:12:16 PM »

UBER FUKKEN AWSOME MAGIC RULES!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
poe poe
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008 08:35:24 AM »

I'm glad everyone, likes it, especially the fake card. I erased most of them after I printed them up. But I tried to take a picture of another one.  I'm not the best with a camera, but you get the point. Here is another picture from the case. He's also big into computers so I took his characture from the fair, and put that on a fake card too. The binary in the flavor text says Only a dork would read thisWink and yes, he had to translate it to see if it really said something. HAHA!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect.
-Aldo Leoplod-
Atheris
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008 10:26:28 AM »

I LOVE THIS!!! I play Magic too! Yup I am a girl gamer. Tongue

I need to make me one of these- I currently carry my cards in a rubbermaid type plastic box- one of the small ones with a handle on top. I MUCH prefer this. So what did you use for the boxes that go inside?

Off to find a metal lunch box...

Jo Biasi
www.camofish.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jo Biasi
www.camofish.com
camofishus.blogspot.com
Santa Rosa, CA
poe poe
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008 10:58:21 AM »

This is the lunchbox I got...
http://www.lunchboxes.com/lunchbox.html
It fits the metal "deck vault" boxes he has perfect. There was also enough room to make some dividers. I wrapped cardbord in black duct tape and cut grooves so the fit together. you can buy the metal deck vault boxes at most game shops. all kinds of places online. ex. http://www.iconusa3.com/online/UP_DeckVault.htm
be sure to post it when your done, I'd love to see what other people come up with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Aldo Leoplod-
StoryFromTheStars
Everyone wears a mask.

I made mine, with lots of glitter and shinies.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2008 02:34:21 AM »

Wow. I dont' play Magic, but my boyfriend(and actually all of my exes............) do, and I'm sure he'd love it. Along with my best friend, brother, and all 50 or so of my other friends that play magic.
At first I was wondering if you'd found a bunch of common cards he'd never need and used real cards, but you're idea was way more creative(and probably smarter).
Basically, that's just plain awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Purtty Blog
Knitting is a way of life.
littlefawnpug
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

pug hugs

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2008 06:41:34 AM »

Thats a neat little idea, making fake cards to put on the box.  Cool.   Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_In search of Simply Knitting magazines with Alan Dart patterns.  If you have any I'll swap ya for them!

-Currently crafting.....A Weasley blanket.  I'd love some squares made from fellow Craftsters.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Work With Different Color Spaces in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Optimize the Color Setting in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Setup Preferences in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Advanced Adobe Photoshop CS3 Series
How to Save and Share the Actions in Adobe Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...