A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,897
Currently Running With Scissors:
462 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Turtle Swap- Round 2 Gallery!  (Read 4553 times)
Tags for this thread: turtle  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2008 07:53:00 PM »

I think after waiting so long, ofenjen needs a preview of her package that will ship tomorrow!

*bounces*

ohmigoshohmigosh!

Grin Grin Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewhooked - quilt patterns, crochet & crafts
Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2008 09:43:36 AM »

rubytue is my HERO.  Thank you so much for being my angel times two!  You made the long wait worth it.

The turtley goodness abounds!  Clicky for bigger pictures.

My entire turtle haul, sans socks (which are on my feet!)

Turtley socks!  They fit perfect.  We have painted concrete floors, so I wear socks all the time.  Love them!

Turtle plushy who looks to be made from recycled sweaters.  He's big and squishy and I love him.  I must think of a good name. Smiley

Dangley copper turtle do-dad.  I wish you could see my house rubytrue,
I love dangley spinners and have one in almost every room.  Having turtles makes it even better! 
Thanks for the extra baby one, I'll hang it in my garden.

Wee turtle treasure containers made by rubytrue's niece So sweet!

Turtle Nightlight

Sweet turtle box.  I'm a container girl and this is going right in with my collection of wood boxes. 

Sparkley turtle embellished zipper pouch, a turtle puzzle, another coppery dangle and the sweet card from rubytrue.

I feel so spoiled!   Grin
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008 09:54:55 AM by ofenjen - Reason: 'cause I'm silly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Fandom In Stitches - free multi-fandom quilt patterns by fans for fans (Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, Doctor Who, Disney & More!)
rubytue
who could hang a name on me

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2008 09:49:38 AM »

Yay!!!  I'm so happy you like everything!  And so glad I could make the wait worth it.  Smiley

Oh, I made the box (*blush*  i was not happy with the inside).  My neice made the matching turtle tins Smiley

And yes, he was made with recycles sweaters.  Thinsg I forget to put in the note LOL  I was looking through your posts, and you seemed to be cool with recons, and I had these felted sweater bits I needed to do something with.  His shell is made from the shoulder of a sweater - I thought it worked perfectly for a shell Smiley  I also discovered that my sewing machine, or at least the medium weight needles I had, cannot handle 4 layers of felted sweater.  I broke 3 needles before I gave up and hand sewed the last two legs on.  I really like the guy.  I think I may make another with the other shoulder for my nephew Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rubytue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2008 09:52:54 AM »

Oh!  I just looked at how you are holding the turtle mobile.  The upside down loop is supposed to fit into the hanging loop, and then, from the top down its upside down loop, clip, spinner, clip, righside up loop.  If that made sense.  I'm still working with ideas on how to make these work better, but you can only work the copper so much before it gets too chewed up and ugly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2008 09:58:42 AM »

Yay!!!  I'm so happy you like everything!  And so glad I could make the wait worth it.  Smiley

Oh, I made the box (*blush*  i was not happy with the inside).  My neice made the matching turtle tins Smiley

And yes, he was made with recycles sweaters.  Thinsg I forget to put in the note LOL  I was looking through your posts, and you seemed to be cool with recons, and I had these felted sweater bits I needed to do something with.  His shell is made from the shoulder of a sweater - I thought it worked perfectly for a shell Smiley  I also discovered that my sewing machine, or at least the medium weight needles I had, cannot handle 4 layers of felted sweater.  I broke 3 needles before I gave up and hand sewed the last two legs on.  I really like the guy.  I think I may make another with the other shoulder for my nephew Smiley

I just reread and realized I switched the note on box and the tins.  It's all fixed now!  My brain does flip things some times.  It's worse when it comes out of my mouth.  My hubby says he "speaks Jennifer" because sometimes I don't make any sense at all!

I am a huge fan of recons.  It's probably my favorite craft to do myself, second only to quilting.  Silly sewing machine not liking all that sweater.  You did a beautiful job, I do love him.

Oh!  I just looked at how you are holding the turtle mobile.  The upside down loop is supposed to fit into the hanging loop, and then, from the top down its upside down loop, clip, spinner, clip, righside up loop.  If that made sense.  I'm still working with ideas on how to make these work better, but you can only work the copper so much before it gets too chewed up and ugly

I'll go get it now and see if I can figure it out.  It was a little tangled when I took it out of the box and I wasn't sure which way was up.

Got it!

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008 10:05:27 AM by ofenjen - Reason: adding a pic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rubytue

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008 10:05:51 AM »

I'll go get it now and see if I can figure it out.  It was a little tangled when I took it out of the box and I wasn't sure which way was up.
I wish I had the picture I drew of how it was supposed to work scanned in.  Of course, it worked perfectly on paper, but then we (mr Ruby helped) had to add the extra hanging bit.  I'm not sure which loop I missed to make it work without it, but I did, and I was out of copper (I recycle from Mr Ruby's jobsite scraps.  he is an electrician).  LOL  But hey, whatever works for you as far as hanging goes Smiley

edit to add: YAY!  Thats what I was thinking Smiley  Mental note for next time - wrap individually in tissue paper Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008 10:07:17 AM by rubytue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
ofenjen
*dreams in fabric*

*dreams in fabric*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008 10:24:06 AM »

I wish I had the picture I drew of how it was supposed to work scanned in.  Of course, it worked perfectly on paper, but then we (mr Ruby helped) had to add the extra hanging bit.  I'm not sure which loop I missed to make it work without it, but I did, and I was out of copper (I recycle from Mr Ruby's jobsite scraps.  he is an electrician).  LOL  But hey, whatever works for you as far as hanging goes Smiley

edit to add: YAY!  Thats what I was thinking Smiley  Mental note for next time - wrap individually in tissue paper Smiley

How fun to have loads of copper scraps to play with!  Nice bonus.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008 12:35:52 PM »

I wasn't able to join this round and I'm so bummed about it. but seeing all the nice turtle stuff is making me feel sooo much better!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rira

like a good book, i can't put this day back.

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008 12:50:21 PM »

im sure we'll put another round together at some point!, but i agree, vvvvvvvery nice mobile and the nitelight it super cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think...(Christopher Robin) 

it'll be ok in the end. if it's not OK, it isnt the end
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2008 02:02:45 PM »

im sure we'll put another round together at some point!, but i agree, vvvvvvvery nice mobile and the nitelight it super cute.
Oh I know! Smiley I'm going to sit back and admire everyone's stuff now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Four Essential Denim Styles
The Maxi That Works for Every Height
Look for Less: A Sleek, Roomy Backpack
The Perfect Fitting Jean for Everyone
Fashion-Forward Fall: Skulls and Cashmere
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...