A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,539
Currently Running With Scissors:
631 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: FOUND Swap (Send Outs 3/31/2008) <CLOSED>  (Read 7521 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Ms Marple

Granny from birth!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2008 12:04:14 PM »

Those are fantastic finds Sugar Magnolia!! Wish I could find something half as good as that, should go to visit my college next week (I have deferred a year for maternity leave) that might give some interesting finds. Oh, and lurk in the arts library, there might be some good left notes...

And the franz, I love the dragonfly wings and the fortune cookie 'poem' - Actually, could we possibly draw inspiration from each others finds for this swap? (Yup, still haven't found anything  Roll Eyes ...)

I've been thinking about graffiti too, seems to me to be in the spirit of this swap? I guess it's not lost, but left waiting for somebody to find it, in one sense
THIS ROCKS   Logged
the franz
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2008 12:27:53 PM »

Those are fantastic finds Sugar Magnolia!! Wish I could find something half as good as that, should go to visit my college next week (I have deferred a year for maternity leave) that might give some interesting finds. Oh, and lurk in the arts library, there might be some good left notes...

And the franz, I love the dragonfly wings and the fortune cookie 'poem' - Actually, could we possibly draw inspiration from each others finds for this swap? (Yup, still haven't found anything  Roll Eyes ...)

I've been thinking about graffiti too, seems to me to be in the spirit of this swap? I guess it's not lost, but left waiting for somebody to find it, in one sense

I actually was hoping we would all get inspired by each others finds! 
P.S. College campuses, from past experience, are great places to find things!  Especially the day after everybody moves out of the dorms.  I don't know if anybody else ever dumpster dives, but let me tell you it is absolutely unbelievable what people will throw away when their in a rush to move and don't feel like packing up.  I've found everything from unopened packs of notebook paper to televisions!  It can be a thrifty gal's heaven!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ms Marple

Granny from birth!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008 12:19:25 PM »

My first find was waiting outside our door today!! It was far too disgusting to take in, so I took a photo...

I don't have a clue what it might have been the label of, but I like the name, it tickled my imagination...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugar-magnolia
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2008 04:26:01 AM »

Ok, so I've been watching the ground for the last week, and it's been rather less prolific than last.  I found a drawing of a bug/scorpion thing, a paper with a scribble on it that sort of looks like it might be a word, but I don't know what, and an astronomy test that has 'ZACHARY' written on it, circled, and crossed out. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A wist at last!  www.wists.com/sugar-magnolia

www.thehungersite.com 

www.freerice.com   <-- this is a really fun vocabulary game that gives rice to the hungry for every question you answer correctly
Ms Marple

Granny from birth!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2008 09:41:38 AM »

Sugar-magnolia, you always find such great inspiring things!! Do you have any plans what to do with them yet? I'd love to see some photos!

We had a storm here two days ago, great for treasure hunters! ...yesterday I found some interesting little metal pieces, a pink ball of yarn, a Christmas card to Tom from Carol and a big bit of black waterproof fabric decorated with a snowflake design... Hmmmm... = one new idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sugar-magnolia
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2008 03:09:35 PM »

Thanks!  I think I know what I'm gonna do with them, but I don't want to ruin the surprise for the_dez... I'll see if I can get some photos up soon (maybe not the spiderman valentine though, since it does have an obscenity scrawled across it, and I'd hate for any unsuspecting craftster who's easily offended to stumble across it).  Unfortunately I've got a college interview Saturday, so the earliest I could post pictures is probably Sunday. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A wist at last!  www.wists.com/sugar-magnolia

www.thehungersite.com 

www.freerice.com   <-- this is a really fun vocabulary game that gives rice to the hungry for every question you answer correctly
Scatter Kincaid
Keeping It Crafty Since 1983

One Girl. One Obsession. Many Crafts.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #46 on: February 29, 2008 03:15:59 PM »

Here's some of my finds.

The letter was in a book I bought at a thrift store.  Pretty heart felt.

This is a set of photos that I've been saving for a while.  They were in a frame that I bought at another thrift store.  Not exactly found but damn close enough.

There's more, but none nearly as interesting...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the franz
« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2008 07:18:36 AM »

Those photos are "bleeping" awesome!  I really love the uniform bubble hairdos and the little mask things their holding in the first photo.   I wonder why the one lady is wearing white?  Is she the vestal virgin they are going to sacrifice to the gods of hairspray? Are the masks part of some bizarre "Eyes Wide Shut" type ritual?
  The "Odds & Ends" label too, and its juxtaposition to the cigarette butts in the photo.  It's kinda like a commentary on modern society, but maybe I look into things to analytically.  Thank you, severely liberal arts education...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ms Marple

Granny from birth!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2008 07:43:00 AM »

I agree, there is something slightly sinister about those ladies, maybe the hair, maybe the uniform smiles or maybe the weird little masks.  Grin

The letter is well weird too!! What is going on there, Dug sounds too popular for his own good...

Just a FYI, I'm going to Sweden for a three week visit of my parents next week - on the upside more stuff to find (although Swedish towns tend to be terribly terribly clean...  Roll Eyes) on the downside I'll be away from my art supplies... Although, maybe it'll force me to be more creative that way...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
the franz
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2008 08:01:19 AM »

Ohh, have fun in Sweden Ms. Marple!  Your right about Dug, he must have been purty dang special!  Isn't it fun to speculate about other people and create scenarios about them! Woot Woot FOUND swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The New Pompadour Bridal Hairstyle
The Hunger Games Inspired Dutch Braid
Nicole Pearl, The Beauty Girl; At-Home Hair Color Review
Pony Tail Hair Extensions Backstage at the Herve Leger Fall 2012
Exploding Curls at Badgley Mischka Fall 2012
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...