A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
November 17 News: WOW!  Congratulate the winner of DIY Halloween Costumes 2015!
Total Members: 303,788
Currently Running With Scissors:
576 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Weekend Knitting--errata page?  (Read 1817 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: January 16, 2005 05:22:42 AM »

Hey guys,
I indulged last night and bought Weekend Knitting...its beautiful! Some of you guys have mentioned this book before, but if you don't have it, and you're looking for an nice, inspiring knitting book, I suggest this one.
Anyway, I was just wondering if there is an errata page online. I googled but came up empty. Maybe there are no errors? Ha ha   Tongue

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005 01:23:32 PM »

Yes, "Weekend Knitting" is indeed a mouth-watering book.  I love all of Melanie Falick's book.  "Kids Knitting" is by far, the best learn-how-to knitting book, hands down, in my very humble opinion.  For kids AND adults.

Melanie Falick is the mastermind behind "Weekend Knitting" and she is known for being a perfectionist (which is why I find it so shocking that "Last Minute Knitted Gifts" (Falick's publishing company published the book) had so many obvious errors.  I looked into as well a while back and there is no official errata page for "WK".  However, you should check this out.

This link will bring you to page 2 of the topic.  The topic is pretty long but I think it's worth it to read it over.    Apparently, this woman had trouble knitting up the brioche hat and a pair of mittens from the book and was wondering if there was a mistake in the patterns.  The woman who runs the forum, Clara, got in hold of the editors and low and behold, Melanie Falick herself responded to the post! Wow! (I am such a loser.  There probably aren't too many people in the world who would be more star struck by Falick then say, Jennifer Aniston or something.  Jeez.  Anyhoo. . .) 

And here is a erratra link regarding the Bergamo vest.

Hope this helps.   Roll Eyes

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005 01:34:39 PM »

Daria, thank you thank you!! You're so helpful.
Tere Smiley

matches? we don't need no stinkin' matches

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2005 06:20:22 PM »

Anybody have any info on the Big Pie Shawl?  My friend is knitting it and is at the last wedge, and everything seems to be knitting in the wrong direction.  She looked in the back of the book for info about the pattern's creator, but that woman's website is still under construction.  Just wondering if there is anyone else who has come across this.

Every day may not be a good day to die, but every day is a good day to eat pancakes.

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005 11:41:04 PM »

I found this comment on the crown rows of the brioche hat very helpful
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Looks Perfect for Summer Music Festivals
Are These 5 Women the Next Big Style Setters?
5 Great Prom Looks for Any Budget
Fashion Tips And Trends For Busy Moms
Are These New White Jeans Actually Resistant To Stains?
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kindling Bundle
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide: Kitty Coasters
@Home This Weekend: Rustic Wreath

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...