A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 299,161
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: a tee into a coin purse? possible?  (Read 871 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gagreel
snickerdoodle cookie

I heart Queen

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2005 05:23:02 PM »

I want to make an old tee into a coin purse and i just need to figure out how to get one of those snap ball top thingys on one....does anyone know how to do this...do u even know what i'm talking about?

just the thing on top of a snap coin purse

or does anyone know a tut?

any ideas appreciated
thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I never paint my dreams or nightmares, I only paint my own reality"   -Frida Kahlo
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005 05:44:42 AM »

If you're asking about the attatchment, you should be able to just sew it on if you're inventive, but I think they're "pressed" on, like eyelets. Not sure though.

Maybe you could make one of your own if you're real handy? They're a rather simple construction, but they're more easily bought than made ofcourse. I've seen them loose now and again. They're just two "bows" attached with a screw at the edges (kinda like glasses are held together, you know), then the ball things in the middle have to be slightly not-right-next-to-eachothers but not too opposed to eachothers either, so you'll be able to do the snap-thing. Some trial and error should let you fix that bit. You could probably manipulate plastic or wood for this purpose, but it would wear out very quickly, so it's better to make it out of metal.
And easier just to buy it. Wink And then you could ask in the store? If nothing else, just buy a coinpurse and rape it, attatch your cloth onto the one that's already there.. but you should be able to find it in some sort of bag store or craft store... I'm not sure, I think our major hobbystore has it here though.

Oh, and when making a coin purse out of a tee, make sure that the interior of the purse is not stretchy, cause it might grow to no end from heavy coins Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Slow Cook Pork Chops and Sauerkraut
Halloween Snack Ideas - The Rookie Cook
How to Make Seared Duck Breast - Food Done Right
How to Make Baked Beans
How to Make Crabmeat Au Gratin
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...